It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Erupts in Protest, Tens of Thousands Chant "Revolution"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Israel Erupts in Protest, Tens of Thousands Chanr "Revolution"

www.alternet.org

Approximately 30,000 protesters marched in Tel Aviv last night, with social justice activists blocking central streets and chants of "Mubarak. Assad. Netanyahu" filling the air.

The protests are part of a larger movement that began as opposition to rising housing prices, and indeed is still centered around that issue, but has spread to other social justice and progressive causes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26/7/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yes, you read the title correctly. Israel has now joined the rest of the Middle Eastern nations Egypt, Syria, Lybia etc in a global struggle for social justice.

I say good on them. We could potentially see changes happening in Israel for the better

(on the other hand, we could also see worse changes, but let's face it, Israel couldn't really get that much worse)

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Good find. I did some searching and found a few other links about these protests.

news.yahoo.com...

Tens of thousands of Israelis marched in the coastal city of Tel Aviv on Saturday to protest against rising housing prices and social inequalities in the Jewish state, an AFP correspondent said.

Brandishing banners and slogans which read "We want justice, not charity" and "When the government is against the people, the people are against the government", demonstrators from all over Israel rallied in support of hundreds of people who have set up protest camps against the government's economic and social policies.

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Israelis, fed up with high housing prices, ramped up ongoing protest actions in different cities on Monday, including blocking roads in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Beersheba, and other locations.

In line with the public discontent, Israeli medical staffers are also staging demonstrations and strikes against low salaries and what they view as poor working conditions, that left most Israeli hospitals understaffed on Monday.

Looks like these protests were organized over the internet again to

www.theepochtimes.com...

What started as a small protest on Facebook by Daphni Leef, 26, a freelance filmmaker protesting high rents on July 14, has spread across the country. For over a week, “tent cities” have sprouted up around the country, starting with 10 tents on Rothschild Blvd. in Tel Aviv. By Saturday night, tens of thousands of people from across Israel rallied in central Tel Aviv.

Speakers who took the stage at Saturday’s rally were not politicians, but teachers, social workers, and students demanding not only rent reductions and more housing, but lower prices on basic food items, changes to the education system, and better salaries in the health system.

Also, from what I understand, it seems that the government is okay with the protest. They said something along the lines of, "we know about these problems, and we are trying to help solve them"
edit on 26-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Its about time they protest to remove this anti semetic Regime that Bibi own
he is the worst in the ME
edit on 7/26/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The road to war...

why?

becuase no matter how bad the Israeli governement is they still care about their people, i'm anti zionist but i've never seen a government care so much about its people after nazi germany... and yes nazi germany did care about its citizens...

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

lets all join them.

Start The Revolution

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Well, do you think NATO will go in and assist those rebellious citizens, against their evil government?

*nudge, nudge; wink, wink* (I already know the answer to that question.)

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Please please please let the Palestinians and Israeli people join solidarity against their common foe - fascist capitalist pigs. This could bring peace to the middle east.

The Revenant.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by Griffo

lets all join them.

Start The Revolution

We sure as hell could do with one because the system is corrupt to the core and they are taking us for suckers.

Time to restore some accantability at a local level if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
People all over the world are protesting poverty. Like protest will do any good. This stems from the newly poor, having a tantrum and looking for an outlet. How spoiled are you that you cry to the world when your pockets are empty, blaming it on the government.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
Please please please let the Palestinians and Israeli people join solidarity against their common foe - fascist capitalist pigs. This could bring peace to the middle east.

The Revenant.

I would join that!

Please, please, please continue to chant this goal! I can hardly even imagine the world if the Middle East was finally at peace and the big Capitalist Machine was minding its own business.

And don't get me wrong, I'm all for Capitalism, but I believe in a real free market, not the illusion we have now, and I believe in providing a solution to a need, not finding a profitable product, and then creating a need through corruption and chaos.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I say round them up and expel them from Israel.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
The road to war...

why?

becuase no matter how bad the Israeli governement is they still care about their people, i'm anti zionist but i've never seen a government care so much about its people after nazi germany... and yes nazi germany did care about its citizens...

It cared so much about its citizens it shoved 6 million of them into ovens to be burned alive, or shot and buried in mass graves without a wink of sleep lost over their deaths. if thats what its like for a government to care about its people, i'd rather they didnt care at all.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I say round them up and expel them from Israel.

who would ever do such a thing but a Netanyahoo suporter?
You would've probably rounded up the Founding Fathers too when they dared to protest against the King, it's people like you that are going to be the target of this final revolution which is scheduled very soon...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
reply to post by Beavers

Well, do you think NATO will go in and assist those rebellious citizens, against their evil government?

*nudge, nudge; wink, wink* (I already know the answer to that question.)

Israel will never admit needing humanitarian imperiali- I mean bombing of their country to get rid of their corrupt politicians.

lol

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by Griffo

Good find. I did some searching and found a few other links about these protests.

news.yahoo.com...

Tens of thousands of Israelis marched in the coastal city of Tel Aviv on Saturday to protest against rising housing prices and social inequalities in the Jewish state, an AFP correspondent said.

Brandishing banners and slogans which read "We want justice, not charity" and "When the government is against the people, the people are against the government", demonstrators from all over Israel rallied in support of hundreds of people who have set up protest camps against the government's economic and social policies.

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Israelis, fed up with high housing prices, ramped up ongoing protest actions in different cities on Monday, including blocking roads in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Beersheba, and other locations.

In line with the public discontent, Israeli medical staffers are also staging demonstrations and strikes against low salaries and what they view as poor working conditions, that left most Israeli hospitals understaffed on Monday.

Looks like these protests were organized over the internet again to

www.theepochtimes.com...

What started as a small protest on Facebook by Daphni Leef, 26, a freelance filmmaker protesting high rents on July 14, has spread across the country. For over a week, “tent cities” have sprouted up around the country, starting with 10 tents on Rothschild Blvd. in Tel Aviv. By Saturday night, tens of thousands of people from across Israel rallied in central Tel Aviv.

Speakers who took the stage at Saturday’s rally were not politicians, but teachers, social workers, and students demanding not only rent reductions and more housing, but lower prices on basic food items, changes to the education system, and better salaries in the health system.

Also, from what I understand, it seems that the government is okay with the protest. They said something along the lines of, "we know about these problems, and we are trying to help solve them"
edit on 26-7-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

Tents on Rothschild blvd... How ironic. I love it!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce

Tents on Rothschild blvd... How ironic. I love it!!!

I guess all those Israelis protesting are anti-semitic

Oh wait, it must be 20,000 muslims in Israeli disguise protesting, right?

But seriously I think this could be a good sign, maybe the Israeli people will uncover the corruption and kick the bankers out. There are good people everywhere and we are united against the globalists.
edit on 26-7-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Actually it is pretty simple. September and Palestinian state are close by and there are people who would not like to see Netanyahu in charge for all the right (make sure that there will be no war) and wrong (want place in history for them-self) reasons.
Once government falls, president will have much more power. And for all who are too optimistic to think that it is people and ctr, president of Israel is Shimon Peres and you can see what company he is in.
However it will not succeed. There is too little time and majority of Israeli public supports right-wing parties. Even really outrageous condition of public hospital MDs and insane costs of housing will not do it.
If you want my prediction - government will not fall over this.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Sweet find, I found this article from July 24 talking about the beginnings of this protest. Funny thing, nothing in main stream media yet, I guess

Op-Ed: Jewish Revolution — Israel, Tent Cities and 40,000 march Tel Aviv Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Great pictures on link!

Yesterday, I'm glad to say, it appears my faith in the Israeli people has come true. Last week Cairo-style tent cities sprung up in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, Kiryat Shemona, Beersheba, Kfar Saba, Ramat Gan and Sderot and yesterday evening up to 40,000 Jewish youth and others took to the streets in Tel Aviv to protest against house prices and social problems in general. Clearly influenced by the Arab revolutions, “the Jewish revolution” seems to have begun.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I can't help considering the fact that the desired conclusion by the orchestrators, will not be cessated via revolution, but in fact is the revolution. Maybe a world-wide blood bath is the aim.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join