It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is the USA so proud of itself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK
The Outstanding Public Debt as of 26 Jul 2011 at 10:23:17 AM GMT is: $14,356,340,984,501.23

The estimated population of the United States is 311,003,037
so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,161.42.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.83 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

looks very gloomy to me. Obama needs to find $3.8 billion a day just to pay off the increase in debt. He won't do that, he is a puppet. Why are you all just sitting back doing nothing about it? Is it because you are proud of all this? I don't have to sit here and tell you ways of turning it around, it should be pretty obvious.

Stop sending million dollar missiles into third world countries,
Bring home your armies,
Drill your own oil,
Tax the immigrants,
Tax overseas companies.
Stop handing out foreign aid.
And so what if you tax the rich. It's not like they can't afford it.

Sadly you're all psy op'd into believing this all can't be done. That there is restrictions on the above.

Not at all. But I don't see you doing anything about it.

edit on 26-7-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hmm good recommendations, LEt me just jot those down in my to do list...

Seriously why complain to us about here. We have no control of any of that. We have no say so of what is and what is not paid for.

What am I supposed to do. Stop building my billion dollar missile defense in my back yard?

Not to be too harsh. I get it. Our politicians have wrangled the reigns from our hands and are running away with it and not providing for the greater good of our population.

And I think we are proud of our county like any other people are usually proud of their country regardless of where they are from. National pride isn't just prevalent in the USA. But in the US i think alot of it still coresponds with the original values our country was founded on.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You can't have a dig at the American people for the actions of their government.. Same with us Brits and you aussies.. We the people are the real victims because of our criminal governments..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

3 things:

#1: I have never claimed to be proud.

#2: Good luck getting $46,161.42 out of me.

#3: Are you proud of the fact that you copied those numbers direct from this national debt clock website, and without posting the link, as a way to what... make yourself look more intelligent??

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
You can't have a dig at the American people for the actions of their government.. Same with us Brits and you aussies.. We the people are the real victims because of our criminal governments..

Americans continue to pay taxes. They should care and be able to elect people that know what they are doing in the interest of the nation.

Major decisions in my country go to a national referendum. No way in history have we ever signed off on increasing the debt, we only pay out on what we can afford. The pay back what we owe. For instance our people aren't stupid, we know exactly where our deficit is and why.

My point is I hear Americans all the time say how special and important they are and how proud they are. But why? For generations to come you won't be able to fix this, your grandchildren are going to say that there grandparents were so dumb they just let it happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

3 things:

#3: Are you proud of the fact that you copied those numbers direct from this national debt clock website, and without posting the link, as a way to what... make yourself look more intelligent??

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Bring home your armies,
Drill your own oil,
Tax the immigrants,
Tax overseas companies.
Stop handing out foreign aid.

Let's just go through your points here.. Which you do make some good ones..

Firstly it is not that simple just to withdraw their armies from these countries.. They made a commitment when they started this war and leaving the civilians to fend for themselves now would be worse than going to war in the first place..
Also they have vested interests in those countries which actually generates or will generate income in the future.. What I'm talking about should be obvious to all..

As for drilling their own oil.. They are not stupid, there us a reason why they don't use their own reserves.. Because when stocks eventually run dry in the middle east or something happens to stop production.. America will be fine as they have their own vast reserves..

What do you mean tax immigrants? Explain that please..

Tax overseas companies.. Not that easy my friend, how can the us tax a company not registered on their soil.. Even if they did they risk foreign investment pulling out of the us.

Stop foreign aid.. This is about one of the only things they do that is right.. Although if you research and look at the bigger picture even this has a hidden agenda and it links to money again..

And as for dropping multi million pound bombs... Dropping bombs actually generates alot of money.. More than you think and from various angles..

All the points you raised are not actually the things that caused the financial crisis in the first place.. There are other areas that need to be looked at to solve these issues..

edit on 26/7/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

3 things:

Quoted you because this is a great example of exactly why your country and its debt is out of control. this guy doesn't understand anything he would rather troll than revolt.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

All my points are very simple and would take a real man of understanding to declare that they all immediately happen without hesitation.

taxing immigrants instead of welfare. if they want to live in your country and work, they should pay more to the state.

As for withdrawing the armies. A good king would never go to war when he had no money. He would sure up defenses and rebuild his country.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

All of your points look great "on paper". The biggest problem in the US now is that we are a divided country. Half the country thinks we should be in these wars, helping immigrants, taking handouts from the government, saving the environment over drilling, etc. And the other half thinks the exact opposite on each matter. That is the reason we cannot change. Not because we are all sitting on our arses but because we are all adamant in our philosophies of how the country should run.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
reply to post by Misterlondon

All my points are very simple and would take a real man of understanding to declare that they all immediately happen without hesitation.

taxing immigrants instead of welfare. if they want to live in your country and work, they should pay more to the state.

As for withdrawing the armies. A good king would never go to war when he had no money. He would sure up defenses and rebuild his country.

Ok I agree with the immigrant thing.. We should do the same here In the uk.. But with war firstly they had alot of money 10 years ago when the war started and the whole purpose of the war ws to generate income.. Which I'm sure it does or will do in the future.. In more ways than one..

The things you have mentioned will not pay 19 trillion dollar debt, what suggest wouldn't even scratch the surface..

Besides as I said before, they are not what caused this problem I. The first place..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The good 'ol' US of A has so much to be proud of...
Its the biggest exporter of militarty hardware around the world, feeding the never ending death, destruction and misery of millions of people.. en.wikipedia.org...

It's insideous CIA has covertly assisted in the overthrow of many foreign governments, playing
two or more sides against each other, using backstabing and dirty tricks for decades,resulting
in countless more inocent lives being destroyed and ruined. en.wikipedia.org...

The us corporate power controls society and resouces of most of the planet, rendering much
of humanity slaves to there system www.informationclearinghouse.info...

4 trillion dollars and counting for Iraq and afghanistan, and perhaps as many as 1.2 million civilians killed.afghanistan101.blogspot.com...

I think future generations will look back at the usa as being one of the most evil empires in human history.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew

Quoted you because this is a great example of exactly why your country and its debt is out of control. this guy doesn't understand anything he would rather troll than revolt.

Once again you are incorrect.

You made the decision, to structure the title of your thread, in the form of a question. I responded to your question, with an honest reply, based on how it relates to me. After all, your question is directed towards me, along with millions of others.

In turn, I also asked a question, which was directed at you. Instead of attempting to answer my question, you simply decided to respond by whining.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

3 things:

Here's another debt clock, that shows just how fast the numbers are moving.
www.usdebtclock.org...

The world is watching this debt thing.
Nothing here for the government to be proud of, for sure.
They're acting like children.

new topics

top topics

join