It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anders Behring Breivik and the hidden hate of ATS.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Ozscot

Originally posted by something wicked
reply to post by Ozscot

"America rescued the world twice and underwrote the costs involved when Europe (and in particular Germany) couldn't get it's act together and started wars which threatened to destabilise the world. America said 'NO MORE'. "

Well if that was correct then it's a shame it took several years to say it. Sheesh, why does it always have to come around to absolute nonsense statements like this?

Yes, Marshall plan existed, no the EU is not a direct consequence of it. What on earth has such an opinion have to do with this thread apart from prove its point?

Then quite clearly your understanding of history is shallower than necessary to be informed. - Go study the EU's origins, go study EURATOM and ECSC and go read what Marshall's recommendations were - I could cite you a bibliography of several hundred books on the subject but instead I'll make it simple - I'll just copy and paste a quote from the European Union's own website and a link to it - you may get your '60 years of understanding in five seconds' then Ok?

The European Union is set up with the aim of ending the frequent and bloody wars between neighbours, which culminated in the Second World War. As of 1950, the European Coal and Steel Community begins to unite European countries economically and politically in order to secure lasting peace. The six founders are Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands

European Union

Edited to add - if you had read the thread in its entirety you would be fully aware of its relevance to the topic as more than five of us were discussing it in terms of 'hate' and how hate arises out of ignorance and ignorance arises out of not 'being informed' - funny that eh?

Oz
edit on 27-7-2011 by Ozscot because: typo

edit on 27-7-2011 by Ozscot because: addition

edit on 27-7-2011 by Ozscot because: typo

No, I'm fairly happy with the education I have in this area. You stated that the Marshall plan indirectly led to formation of the EU - it didn't. Not that your post had anything to do with the actual thread but you are aware that the American consulate for England advised the President against supporting England aren't you? His actual words were that there will 'soon be Swastikas in Downing Street'. Yeah, Joe Kennedy was a huge supporter of England and democratic Europe.

The education you are citing clearly did not teach you that there is no such thing as an Independent nation called England or that there is no American consulate for England. It may explain your views on the non importance of the Marshall Plan to the EU however.

Oz

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Your post was not excellent as one poster said, it is filled with too much self-doubt IMO.

Don’t think that killing innocent humans is not the essence of evil that which this madman did in Norway.

Unless you are also mad, then you should feel no guilt about bashing conservatives, as I don’t when I bash these inhuman knaves.

They are inhuman because they don’t have any empathy or compassion for human beings, and a true sane humanitarian liberal or progressive will never start murdering hundreds of human beings as this nutty conservative in Norway did because they have inner compassion and empathy for others.

The essence of progressive liberal politics is compassion and empathy

STOP APOLOGIZING FOR THAT!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Partisan hackery and foolishness.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join