It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants $$$, just to hand it out as aid.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
why the hell if you have no money are you giving it away?

if you can't afford it, stop doing it.

Debt problem: read this

The U.S. is providing hundreds of millions of dollars of foreign aid to some of the world’s richest countries – while at the same time borrowing billions back, according to report seen by Congress. The Congressional Research Service released the report last month which shows that in 2010 the U.S. handed out a total of $1.4bn to 16 foreign countries that held at least $10bn in Treasury securities. Four countries in the world’s top 10 richest received foreign aid last year with China receiving $27.2m, India $126.6m, Brazil $25m, and Russia $71.5m.

The countries listed outside the large ones have some amazing results. For instance some of the aid that has been handed out to some of the lower countries could build a whole new country. Yet you still dont see any improvement in their societies. What a joke. I wish I owned a small country all my people could live off US handouts. FOREVER!!!

So anyway, you work hard for your money and get taxed on that money. your government can't control it's own debt. So why not give other countries this money, lol. An interesting thing for me, how many of you work and don't even realize the problems with an "out of control govt" you're all being brainwashed into excepting that the debt ceiling needs to be raised. This is incorrect you just need to stop spending money and actually start paying off the debt. But we know that won't happen. stop believing they are doing the best they can for the US population, they are not. But anyway just sit on your bums and do nothing.

Both parties are a joke, and it doesn't matter who wins the next election, they all realize that regular citizens don't really care and won't or can't do anything with all the BS they the government already get away with.

Expect bad things ahead. You're all out of control. You will only have yourselves to blame.
edit on 26-7-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It's all just a giant shell game when you come right down to it. The numbers are so far beyond anything that could ever be physically represented in the real world, it's simply nonsense. Eventually perception of value will collapse and the core basis of fiat currency will have been removed. I love seeing this administration made to twist in the wind on this, but it's all theater. I definitely agree on that. Republicrats or Demopublicans, it makes no difference. None of them can stop what they've worked so hard to put into motion. It's just a simple question of mathematics and time now.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

Aid handouts are sweeteners to governments to keep business relationships in tact. Look at who recieves the aid and then look at how many arms etc we sell them. Its got nothing to do with feeding the hungry. Its blood money.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So Obama got his money to give away to other countries. The American people have been played again. hope you love paying tax for nothing.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well hopefully China will subtract a bit from our bill then. Sad, I know a few people around here that could use some aid.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
We don't we loan the richer countries the money with interest. So then they pay us back. That could solve some problems because then we would get extra money back.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
We don't we loan the richer countries the money with interest. So then they pay us back. That could solve some problems because then we would get extra money back.

Because no one in Washington is serious about saving money. I know if i was leader and I was handing out money to foreign countries, this would stop immediately, that's just common sense. why don't people riot on the whitehouse, some of the international aid figures are out of this world. Obama still needs to sign these aid cheques for countries to survive. What a system, what a joke.

It's your money doesn't anybody care.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You obviously don't know much about the how's and why's of foreign aid. It's also less than 1% total of the budget which even if you totally stopped wouldn't really matter.

Some of that aid is promises being kept or to keep good will among nations which supports our interests in one way or another. The leader of a country receiving aid get's to bring that up as something he got from the U.S. which makes him look good and makes him more friendly to us sometimes.

Sometimes the aid shows good faith for a future date when we may need to bring that up in a more important negotiation. There are lots of reasons to give aid other than just a direct impact.

That's something you learn in introductory political science classes. You may want to take one as it's quite informative.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Hundreds of millions?

Ahem.

So what? The US giving away "hundreds of millions of dollars" might sound impressive to you or I, who have five, maybe six digits on our yearly income. But at the scale we're talking, hundreds of millions is akin to dropping seventy-five cents into a bell-ringer's bucket around Christmas time. It's almost literally nothing.

I find it very telling that people who rant and rave about "the debt" only ever suggest we cut back on aid or social programs,and blithely ignore the vast ocean of money we put into big piles and set on fire down at the pentagon. Or the enormous salaries and benefits garnered by all those politicians that people claim to hate.
edit on 1/8/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
You obviously don't know much about the how's and why's of foreign aid. It's also less than 1% total of the budget which even if you totally stopped wouldn't really matter.

Some of that aid is promises being kept or to keep good will among nations which supports our interests in one way or another. The leader of a country receiving aid get's to bring that up as something he got from the U.S. which makes him look good and makes him more friendly to us sometimes.

Sometimes the aid shows good faith for a future date when we may need to bring that up in a more important negotiation. There are lots of reasons to give aid other than just a direct impact.

That's something you learn in introductory political science classes. You may want to take one as it's quite informative.

I would do way better job of running a country than your messiah, I learned when I was 16 in accounting classes that you can't give away money you don't have and inspect the situation to improve. Your post here shows why a puppet like Obama is getting away with this. A downgrade on your credit rating would have been the best thing to entice fiscal order, but now sadly the rate of debt increase in going to explode now because of this bill passing. The bill cuts spending by 2 trillion over 10 years, yet your debt increases by 3.8 billion a day, let's do the math,

365days x 10years = 3650days

3650days x $3,800,000,000 = $13,870,000,000,000 added debt

So in next ten years, USA will add $13,870,000,000,000 to the already existing debt.

Note nothing done to address current rate of debt increase. So let's add the two together

$14,354,479,258,912.17 current debt add $13,870,000,000,000 of projected debt.

In 10 years, the total debt will $28,224,479,258,912.17

Let's subtract the 2 trillion this bill cuts over these 10 years

New figure is $26,224,479,258,912.17 in debt by then.

Congratulations you elect people that don't do anything.

Have fun paying your aid then.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

First of all I don't care for Obama and didn't vote for him and second of all I highly doubt you would do a better job since you can't even use correct words in your sentence structure. And thirdly, cutting off aid will do absolutely nothing to help our debt but it will certainly tarnish our relations with other countries and it's bad enough already without adding more problems.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

First of all I don't care for Obama and didn't vote for him and second of all I highly doubt you would do a better job since you can't even use correct words in your sentence structure. And thirdly, cutting off aid will do absolutely nothing to help our debt but it will certainly tarnish our relations with other countries and it's bad enough already without adding more problems.

Don't get angry at me because your mad that money you don't have is being handed out to foreign countries. one day you will all wake up.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I like the fact that we hand out money to foreign governments.

You should too.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
why the heck did you stick Obama in the title? the source clearly states that the gov't is giving the money away.

stop creating a boogieman and accept that the problem is bigger that just one man.

edit on 2-8-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Sigh! If only our govt wasnt full of corrupt politicians who won't listen to us.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It is nice to help others who may need it but not to the determent of our own. I would not scarfice my own family for a stranger. I am sorry I would not. I would help my own family first!

new topics

top topics

join