It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party triumphs! Drives America to greatest crisis since the Civil War!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
By blaming one side, you're just as radical/partisan, therefore just as much of the problem. How is it so many ATS'ers have access to all the information they need to wake up, and stay asleep dreaming the partisan dream (nightmare)...

unfortunately all the partisan MSM (no matter which side of the aisle you listen to) has done its job in polarizing politcal viewpoints.

That and all the class warfare.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think a better thread would be

" Obama stands firm against raising the debt ceiling..."

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Explain?

I think that would be a terrific thread title too! If it were true, but in fact, Ron Paul and a handful of Tea Partiers are the only ones standing firm against raising the debt ceiling. And those few standing steadfast are being demonized for their actions.

Man, it would be a welcome change to have a president that would stand firm on moral grounds and refuse to compromise for the integrity of the country. What a thread title that would be!

I might just know such a man. See my siggy banner!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Explain?

I think that would be a terrific thread title too! If it were true, but in fact, Ron Paul and a handful of Tea Partiers are the only ones standing firm against raising the debt ceiling. And those few standing steadfast are being demonized for their actions.

Man, it would be a welcome change to have a president that would stand firm on moral grounds and refuse to compromise for the integrity of the country. What a thread title that would be!

The President does not get to make laws. He is not the king of America. He can either accept or decline to sign any bill into law. Then the congress may override that veto. Congress has passed a law, the Senate has not voted on it yet, but Reid is now working with the congress to get one done. Laws having to do with money come from the house of representatives. Obama opposes both houses of congress. So it is Obama that is stalling a resolution because he simply must have it his way or screw the entire country. The people do not want more taxes, and they certainly don't want the spending to go on and on without end until we don't have a dime left to rub between our fingers.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Explain?

Just a stab in the dark here but I think I know what Fromabove means. I think he's insinuating that, if Obama truly wanted to raise the debt ceiling, he'd compromise and that, perhaps, he's actually playing along just for appearances. Just my guess and it's got me wondering now.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Let us clarify something: This post was not meant to get into a debate of Liberal vs. Conservative and decide who is 'right'. We are trying to focus on what might turn out to be a very, very serious outcome to this so called deadlock in the government 'now'. There was a book written in the late 1700s called 'Proof of a Conspiracy' which tried to blame the 'Freemasons' on whatever claiming they secretly controlled the government. Many still believe that. Be that as it may we still had a Civil War in the 1860s and it was real, conspiracies or not. Now are we looking at the same scenario?
Are these opposing political viewpoints going to destroy the country? You see we can see the Tea Party viewpoint and in better times might support it But in the current economic climate to cut back significantly on government when [good or bad] the government is the leading employer in the USA is like playing with fire in dry forest - everyone will be burned and no forest will remain!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

Thanks. I think.
You (and the progressive population) are attributing too much power to the Tea Party.

It's funny. Last year, we were called insignificant, a false grassroots (astoturf) movement, and not very popular.

Now?

We control the fate of a nation.
(insert evil laugh)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
Are you watching what's happening? Can you believe it? You want to think it is some sort of conspiracy - these politicians could not really be at such odds against each other with no apparent middle ground. So if it is not some sort of conspiracy to cause the current recession to go into a 1929 style big depression, what is going on? We speculate that one of the weaknesses of a democracy [though we live technically in a republic] is that a group of radicals [ie. The Tea Party][and yes they are economically radical] in bad times can play on peoples fears and misunderstanding of events and stir up radical opposition to government and cause a collapse of that government so as to achieve their true objective [still unknown]. We assume they borrow the words tea party from the Boston Tea Party which was a prelude to the American Revolution of 1776. But those real patriots who fought for this country would role over in their graves before they saw their country wrecked by a group of money counters who can't see the reality of their destructive will. [or don't want to see it].
It is like this: In bad economic times with the government being by far the largest employer in the USA [good or bad this is the way it is] and so the Tea Party wants to destroy the government! And they might succeed but if they do the revolution you will see will be very-ugly, it will make the original American revolution look like a Tea Party! [pun intended].

You're either a shill or a brainwashed liberal. The Tea party has nothing t do with the current situation, if you want to call someone economically radical you can point your finger to all the politicians and bankers who have given all our money to the banks and destroyed our property value and 401k's.

Now these crooks, and Obama is threatening that we will not get our SS money that we've paid into.

It's not the tea party, it's the politicians; and the Tea party is sick of being dictated in Washington and financially terrorized.

Your incapable brainwashed fluoridated small mind makes me sick; I'd be surprised if you've ever accomplished anything financially in your life without the government holding your hand.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
WHY I'M DEPRESSED

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."

Nearly 75 years ago,(when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land."

Today, Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised Land! I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc . . . I called a Suicide Hotline. I had to press 1 for English. I was then connected to a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was suicidal. They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck......

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

if you think paying 6 % into ss and passing the buck yet again to the employer who matches it and then pass the buck agian where the genius government decides who gets it and who doesnt and they steal it

the fact is people pay ss pay far less than what they receive.

and medicare is taken from that same governent check to pay the government back.

look up the numbers yourself there are over 100 million people on the government dime.

thats a problem
edit on 26-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
wait till we get to the border states topic. There is a good chance Mexico's population might increase very rapidly!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

look up the numbers yourself there are over 100 million people on the government dime.
thats a problem

For the sake of argument we will agree BUT we are here and now in the worst recession since the Great Depression of 1929 and the reality is these are people on the 'government dime', government workers, cops [FBI, Anti-terrorist agencies, CIA, etc.] military, old medicare recipients and disabled medicaid recipients, hungry poor on food stamps, etc, etc. Agreed this is a bad situation. But this government that is spending all that money is responsible for the survival of millions of people.
Should it be that way? Maybe not. But cutting the government like a butcher with a meat cleaver will only make things worse - much worse! If you want to improve the situation of too much government you need a skilled surgeon for cuts and sharper accountants counting the money. For the moment we will not go into the issue of the nature of money - in fact it is backed by nothing more than peoples faith in it and is long it still buys use it. And just in passing the Great Depression of 1929 was finally ended by WW II - which led to a giant government spending program! Let's find a better way!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

no they arent

the people are responsible for themselves

the governments responsibility here is to get out of the way

this is the score

www.usdebtclock.org...

take a good look at the numbers and ponder their meanings.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by neo96

Entitlements... yeah, that's it.

Tell me, exactly, why AREN'T people entitled to Social Security and Medicare? THEY PAID INTO IT. It's THEIR money.

SS and Medicare aren't entitlements and he didn't mention them. However, since you did, while you expect to get the money back you paid into SS, you aren't guaranteed to get it, nor is the government obligated to give any of it back because it isn't a "savings account" or "insurance" (like FDR sold it). It's just a tax. At least with Medicare if I get old enough to use it, and if it hasn't gone bankrupt, I'm assured that if I meet their requirements I'll be able to use it. However, the federal government does spend hundreds of billions on actual entitlements, which needs to be audited and reigned in.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So, OP, almost 700,000 people died during the War Between the States. President Lincoln suspended the right of habeas corpus, suspended the entire Constitution, actually. He freed the slaves because he needed meat shields against the South. He authorized the firing of troops upon Americans on American soil. General Sherman burned every blade of grass, tree, house, farm, and livestock, not to mention a few civilians, from Atlanta all the way to the ocean 600 miles away in 10 days.

The South seceded from the Union like petulant kids at a playground who didn't get to play in the sandbox with the other kids. In doing so they started a chain of events that reverberates 145 years later. They got pretty good at guerrilla tactics and ambushed Union soldiers left and right, causing some of the bloodiest battles in the War. In my home town is the largest Confederate prisoner of war camp west of the Mississippi. Confederates piled in the Union soldiers like cord wood and treated them like filth.

So you're really comparing the Tea Party to any of this? This debt "crisis" is small potatoes, son. You need to really do some research and quit with the histrionics.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

So you're really comparing the Tea Party to any of this? This debt "crisis" is small potatoes, son. You need to really do some research and quit with the histrionics.

Hope you are right but we still see it this way:

".... You see we can see the Tea Party viewpoint and in better times might support it But in the current economic climate to cut back significantly on government when [good or bad] the government is the leading employer in the USA is like playing with fire in dry forest - everyone will be burned and no forest will remain!"

And finally:

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,..."

AMEN

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I suspect that you are correct. It's obvious that the Tea Party is hell bent on destroying this country, starting with the economy. They are holding us all hostage. 63% blame the republicans (including the Tea Party noobs) for this mess and they are right to do so for they are the ones unwilling to compromise. Which leads me to believe they truly are trying to crash our country. Or they are just really really stupid.

2012 is not going to look good for the republicans. Especially if Obama doesn't blink and we default on our financial obligations.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

nope the entitlement generations have created the biggest "crisis" in this countries history.

You talking about social security? Because that program has a SURPLUS!

What caused the crisis? Reckless deregulation of the financial industry that's been going on since Reagan. Bush put the nail on the coffin once he allowed every bum to get a house without having an income to cover the mortgages. That...and ridiculous defence spending.

Watching this whole mess is like watching a car crash in slow motion, and both political parties are driving the cars, and unbuckle their seat belts on purpose. They seem completely clueless about economics, and yes, that obviously includes the tea party. Not surprising though given the tea party has people like Palin/Bachmann at the helm...2 people who have repeatedly proven they have ZERO clue about economics. I mean, Bachmann got it wrong 27 out of 28 times whenever she made a significant political statement...she simply lied.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

yeah ok ss has a surplus so why did obama lie then and say those people might not be getting their checks in no deal was met.

if the money is there it should be paid with no problem.

theres only 2 options someone is lying.

who.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

both parties are the same when will some ever realize that?

Not only that, they (Democrats and Republicans) are nothing anymore but small special interest groups, each after his own piece of the pie. We need new political parties, people, our old ones suck really bad, and are not helping us a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join