It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing's Millennium Falcon Floats Using Nazi Technology

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Announcement is also available on Defense Daily
www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hi,

All the other sites carrying the video are just discussing it in the same way as here, the only site that doesn't seem to know about it is Boeing itself. Wired.com has the same title as here,

www.wired.com...#

I think this is a 'hoax' story, at least as per the rendered video, (all those 'little' thrusters) for instance?
No mention of how much thrust required for each of them? you are talking about ground zero below them, and anyone contemplating using them as per the video should be shot BEFORE dawn.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Before you dismiss it as a hoax, you may consider reading the whole thread.

PETA is propietary to Boeing, I assure you its not a hoax.

You might be interested in the Cambridge Aerospace Dictionary, makes mention of the
technology in there also.

www.asasbrasil.com.br...

edit on 26-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I didn't say dismiss I said "I think" However, if the crappy video is supposed to be a press release, as per Wiki,

[PETA Pulse Jets for VTOL Flight. [Press video]. Boeing. July 21 2011.] seen here, under references...no link,

en.wikipedia.org...-0
That link also only references wired.com with a live link?? it also mentions in the link that pulse jet as a load bearing concept, that is novel in its context innit! climb aboard...I don't think so.

where is it on the Boeing site ??
Addendum, Why do I need to reread the whole thread? A pity you needed to say what you did, in your first line.
edit on 26-7-2011 by smurfy because: Addendum.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Didn't you know? something like 90% of US military tech originates from the Nazis. They were technological geniuses. Just had a problem with killing people. We got all their gold, per say. Russia probably got quite some stuff too.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Didn't you know? something like 90% of US military tech originates from the Nazis. They were technological geniuses. Just had a problem with killing people. We got all their gold, per say. Russia probably got quite some stuff too.

Why, Yes! Yes, I *was* aware of that!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I apologize, I should have posted this for you instead,

Blue Origin (blueorigin.com): Founded by Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com, the company has built a prototype spacecraft named Goddard, a rounded cone shape with four stubby legs. It took off vertically, rose 285 feet and descended successfully in a 2006 test. The company declines to grant interviews but says on its website that "Our first objective is developing New Shepard, a vertical take-off, vertical-landing vehicle designed to take a small number of astronauts on a sub-orbital journey into space."

It was awarded a $22-million NASA contract this year and has a Washington state manufacturing site and a Texas launch complex. www.tampabay.com...

Other competitors are hard at work attempting to perfect this technology.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Apparently The PETA technology is supposed to be discussed at an upcoming AIAA/SAE International Power Lift Conference (IPLC)...

I've heard that pulse jet research has been around... really it's a pretty great solution to VTOL or STOVL type craft. I find this tech to be pretty awesome.

Also as a side note modern materials are finally making pulse jets really feasible for extended use which is why we might be seeing this tech showing up now.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Thanks RT for your comments,

About those modern materials...

Word has it this technology may be utilizing different fuel...in other words
not your typical jet fuel.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The man in the pulse jet, (and there are a lot of enthusiasts like him with running equipment) facs video mentions that they burn on anything including gas.
If anything is new in that area it's probably a new kind of smokeless fuel, the OP will remember NROL49..no smoke.

As regards the 'Boeing' video, it all sounds good and simplistic in the concept, but like all VTOL things if they are not flying they fall down! controlling banks and banks of these pulse jets for up and down movement, and 'load bearing' whatever context that is meant to be in, must surely be a computerised nightmare.
There would also be a need for redundancy built in on a large scale in case of any failures, and on top of that all those banks of jets would be putting out thrust, masses of it, so where would these things be allowed to fly? when you consider the problems over Concorde's little pop!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

NROL49, interesting possibility. Thanks for your comments!

You bring up valid points about the thrust.
While Boeing claims it wont disturb even sand below it, its hard to imagine.

I hope to come across some other info soon, will post it here when I do.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by smurfy

NROL49, interesting possibility. Thanks for your comments!

You bring up valid points about the thrust.
While Boeing claims it wont disturb even sand below it, its hard to imagine.

I hope to come across some other info soon, will post it here when I do.

I could be wrong, but I think the sand is in reference to engine ingress, if it got in it would just spit it out and performance would be unaffected.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I seem to remember in the video a direct reference to sand below, although the intent
might have been mentioned for the exact reason you state.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Scale it down, and we could be riding on hoverboards
someday in the near future.

Bring it on McFly!

But umm yeah I'm pretty sure as with most technology, if they're making this public now, they've probably had it functioning for at least a few decades.

I hope they get a hispanic guy to be the first Han Cholo

edit on 27-7-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Scale it down, and we could be riding on hoverboards
someday in the near future.

Bring it on McFly!

I agree with you, I think they have been using it for a few decades, at least.

Of course, we all know its just in skunkworks

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Sweet, one step closer to riding on a pelican from halo. Yay that would be awesome.
Ya halo

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Turns out Pulse Jets are not as efficient as I thought they were...yet.

One of the biggest drawbacks of traditional pulsejet designs is the rate at which they consume fuel. Whereas a modern high-bypass turbofan engine of the type used in passenger uses just 0.3-0.4lbs of fuel for every lb of thrust generated, a traditional pulsejet will consume over ten times that amount (3-4lbs) for every lb of thrust it generates. This means that a pulsejet generating 100lbs of thrust will consume over 300lbs of fuel per hour. If that fuel is regular gasoline, we're talking about using 55 (US) gallons per hour! By comparison, even a humble piston engine driving a propeller can generate the same amount of thrust at a cost of just 2 gallons per hour or less.
Source: Improving Pulsejet Efficiency

You also might want to check out the link in the article talking about PDE, pretty neat stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
When they talk about not displacing the sand below i think they're being a bit dramatic for effect. But these would generate less downforce than a helicopter rotor blade in theory due to the way they have the thruster banks set up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You changed your background color from red to blue after all these years?!?!?! Whats the world coming to?

Yes it was at the beginning of the last century that this LOUD insanely simple jet engine was invented. I love pulse jets, they are so raw.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join