It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing's Millennium Falcon Floats Using Nazi Technology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Boeing's Millennium Falcon Floats Using Nazi Technology

www.wired.com

Boeing is working on a new flat plane that would be able to take off and land vertically using dozens of new pulse jets they call Pulse-Ejector-Thrust-Augmentors. Of course, these things were originally created by Nazis

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nasa.gov
www.aviationweek.co m
www.docstoc.com

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
"A prototype may soon see the light of day"

PETA technology..."new"
pulsejet ejector thrust augmentor, Ummmm...does this aircraft look familiar?

This is an alleged photo of a hard-copy photograph. Note the tack
attaching the photo to the wall or board, the German writing on the
photo and the tacked note. Could this be an early German prototype
of the TR-3B?
Courtesy: dcodereport
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.dcodereport.com...

The design seems so solid that the Pentagon is actually contemplating the possibility of using them to build a large flat VTOL aircraft capable of transporting tanks and troops with ease. newtstuff.blogspot.com...

Scale it down, and we could be riding on hoverboards
someday in the near future.

We have heard that what they disclose today has
been in use for many years, decades even, likely 50 years.

A short primer video with Michael Shcratt here on some "black" projects:

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Pretty cool. I've always thought pulse jets were the best method of rapid flight because it uses less fuel then a full burn model. Now if we could apply this to Acoustic Levitation, (cutting down the amount of fuel needed for take off and landing) that would be sweet.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yeah i read about this a few years ago. They were also experimenting with the use of electromagnetic frequencies to alter the "mass" of the aircraft itself.. which did work using some basic tests.

I cant remember which book i read this in.. so will now have to go on a hunt through my collection to find the correct one!

A quick google search only yeilds results on stealth technology tho.. and I dont think it was one of my more main stream books.

I'll get back to you on that one!

s+f

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

sigh - pulse jets were not invented by the nazis - try " Georges Marconnet " he holds a 1908 patent

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vageryn

Yes, if only...

They hint here and there that they have at least practiced at it.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
its ugly as hell but if it delivers and is cost effective it is going to usher in a whole new era in aviation.

no more 5000+ runaways and the possiblity of retrofitting older aircraft

i like just wish they would start making cooler aircraft.

incorporated that tech into whatever replaces the shuttle and you have a cheaper means of getting into orbit

the possibilites are endless
edit on 26-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Pulse technology has been around for a while .
I have seen first hand , the very distinct vapour trail that is emitted by a pulse engine . You can see some pretty neat examples in google images .

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Throughout WWI and WWII the Germans designed and built many new technologies. The German culture is geared toward engineering and indeed extends to over engineering. Many of the coolest simplest gadgets I have ever seen were German designs. And some of the most complex mind boggling devices are as well. And in the area of technology, especially in early 1900’s technology, the Germans have had many “firsts.” Do not forget that even though the US built “The Bomb,” it was still German scientists doing the inventing.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You bring up interesting points, could this be one reason for the recent change in
the Space Exploration program? Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Donuts On A Rope...?

All the images I find say my right click button is disabled.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

The video did not claim that Germany invented the pulsejet, but that the "most notable" early example was the V-1 "Buzz Bomb". I think the OP just misunderstood what was said. But not to distract from the idea that this is an interesting new development in aerospace if it indeed works out. If I am not mistaken the intent of the post was not to imply Germany invented the Pulsejet, but rather that they may have been making a large Delta Wing VTOL craft that could hover etc. And this is a striking resemblance to some reported “UFO” sightings. Thus there could be people still working on this German design and flying this craft in test flights, or at least used the original concept as the basis for a new design all together.

And on th etopic of the origin of the Pulsejet, if I recall, a Russian guy made one back in 1905 or something?
edit on 26-7-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk

Off topic a moment.

Star added for simply using the word "German" instead of Nazi.

It peeves me a lot seeing everything from 1930's to mid 1940's Germany always referred to as "Nazi".

Well done.

Back on topic.........carry on!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk

Another very good point, thank you. The Nazis were far ahead of the allied forces –
often by a factor of 10 years or more.

Some attribute this to back engineered technology, advanced civilizaton and UFO's.

Imagine that?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Ok slightly off topic but…

SOURCE

This was a basic pulse jet research project to find the effects of varying physical tube length and diameter had on the cycle pulse frequency , stability and thrust produced.

The jet tube was straight and of constant daimeter.

In 1906 The Russian engineer V.V.Karavodin obtained a patent for an airbreathing pulse-jet engine . In 1907 he built a working engine based on his invention. Basically the system produced a high velocity pulsed gas jet generated by a cyclic combustion of a liquid hydrocarbon fuel /air mixture.

His tests and development work where based on a fixed pulse jet tube.

Today in aeronautics the pulse jet is more commonly known as an air breathing RAM jet.

Once airborne the forward velocity of the engine compresses or 'rams' the air at the in take and improves the cycle efficiency.

The SCRAM jet technology currently being proposed for reducing first stage launcher costs is a direct descendent of these humble beginings.

Here is an article talking about the Pulsejet, and yes, as I was saying the first one was a Russian guy. Now, who is to say where he got his ideas from? Industrial espionage may have been flourishing in those times as well. The time fame between his patent and the French guy is only 2 years. They may have been sharing or stealing from each other for all we know.

edit on 26-7-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

the space program was cut in favor of more entitlements dont want to derail your thread man.

so thats all i am gonna say on that one.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I can haz my X-Wing now?
No astromech necessary.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
"A prototype may soon see the light of day"

PETA technology..."new"
pulsejet ejector thrust augmentor, Ummmm...does this aircraft look familiar?

This is an alleged photo of a hard-copy photograph. Note the tack
attaching the photo to the wall or board, the German writing on the
photo and the tacked note. Could this be an early German prototype
of the TR-3B?
Courtesy: dcodereport
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unfortunately the photo you posted above is a well known photoshop hoax of a 1986 Discovery magazine cover depicting an artists conception on what would be the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber before it had been unveiled to the public.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cbbe1558587.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d664c22ac810.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45af250ea8e1.jpg[/atsimg]

Take it for what you will but there is not and has never been a TR3B, it is strictly a product of the UFO/aliens at area 51 crowd.

Edit: Neat stuff but the title "Boeing's Millennium Falcon Floats Using Nazi Technology" is really grasping at straws. Throwing a lit match and a splash of gas in a bucket has more in common with the V-1 pulsejets than the VTOL application of the technology under discussion.

All these kind of sensationalistic embellishments do is further pollute UFOlogy with more urban myth silliness that has grown from a lie told by an old Italian man to a magazine reporter hoping to cash in on the "saucer craze" of the late 40's and 50's to the elaborate mythology of the current permutation of the equally fictional Nazi saucer/Vril/Bell/Henge/Hannebau children's bedtime story.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Great find… a bit of photoshopping is all. However planes like this did exist.

www.luft46.com...
www.luft46.com...
www.luft46.com...
www.luft46.com...

So yes with all these advanced designs that were indeed real aircraft, it is easy to see how they got the idea for that Photoshop job. I was a bit shocked I did not recognize the aircraft, as I am fairly fluent in "Aircraftese." I went searching for information on this particular one and could not find any. I come back to ask more about it, and here yo uare, you must be psychic.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

to be blunt - no you have not ` do-nut on a rope ` contrails are not pulse jet trails , see thread

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join