It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groups protest Muslim prayers at Toronto public school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

If it's in a predominantly Muslim neighborhood, then there are going to be less kids out there than in the prayer group. And that's really the whole point. A school is not a church or a mosque. It is for secular education, not prayer group time. And allowing that prayer group to take place singles out the non-Muslims for harassment and bullying.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by mileysubet
My question is this:
If a person knows that his or her beliefs are not practiced in an area, why would they go there and then expect the majority of the population to abide by the foreign ideas that they brought?

Expecting the majority to abide would be imposing the friday prayer on ALL kids muslim and non-muslim. You're statement is lame as hell..

Not true: you have attempted to put words in mouth, not answered the question and attacked me on an personal level. It is a simple question, I am not prejudice nor racist. I have not named religion of any sort in the question, although I realize the topic is about religion, the topic of my question was not. The topic of my question is about beliefs, not necessarily related to or inclusive to religion. Although my question is not directly related to the religious beliefs of a person or a group of people it is still applicable the main topic of the thread, as not all beliefs are religious. So my question still stands.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by fooks

If it's in a predominantly Muslim neighborhood, then there are going to be less kids out there than in the prayer group. And that's really the whole point. A school is not a church or a mosque. It is for secular education, not prayer group time. And allowing that prayer group to take place singles out the non-Muslims for harassment and bullying.

granted, it serves as a level of superiority, even without bullying.

but 20% is a big number. not 1 or 2 wiccans.

the others should bitch about it and let's see how they feel about that.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Havn't they been doing this for about 3years without any complaints? so if its been working for 3years why try to change it?

i think people just like to protest, and idd they only pray once which is at lunch time so making a place for them to pray will ofc make them not late for class instead of going outside and coming late.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
let the Muslims pray!!!!!!!!!

also let all non muslims use that same time to do something WAAAAAAYYYYY more fun than praying. like, eating bacon, playing dodge ball, having ice cream parties, kickball, etc... try and find things that muslims are against and do that..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Unless I am mistaken, Jehovah's Witnesses get a lot of exemptions to public school protocols. They can pray when they're supposed to and are exempted from vaccines and things, I don't remember all of the details.

reply to post by mileysubet

Maybe they go there because they think, hey, Canada, that's one of those tolerant countries where I can practice my religion and make lots of money and nobody will bomb me to smithereens for belonging to the wrong sect! That is how we promote ourselves to the world, you know.

And Muslims don't proselytize even half as much as Christians, especially in Toronto. There are more Muslim proselytes here than anywhere else in the country, perhaps, but they are still dwarfed by the Gideons and the Baptists with sandwich boards and the "JESUS SAVES!!" guy at Dundas Square.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join