It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groups protest Muslim prayers at Toronto public school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Meanwhile in Canada the Islamification of Canada and of course Toronto is continuing at full speed, Thanks to our previous Mayor David Miller Toronto claiming it will feature an a art center and a prayer area for the Muslims.

Now This is interesting for what is happening in a elementary school

Muslim Prayers At Lunch Hour at Toronto Public School Sparks Protest

TDSB director of education Chris Spence said the decision to hold the prayer sessions was made in consultation with the school community, and no one from the community has complained.

Well the reason no one complained is because where it happened was a large Muslim area.

"When you have 400 students coming in and out of class...it's extremely disruptive," said Banerjee, who organized Monday's protest. "It's discriminatory. It raises lots of questions in terms of 'Why are Muslims alone being allowed to do this?' This is part of the Islam-ification of society."

I agree with Banerjee and for what the CITYTV reporter did in the video did to Banerjee was ambush journalism,if you want to practice like that and wear the same clothing as you did in your country why not go back then?

the comments in the article are interesting, listen i dont mind freedom of religion but i think some or alot are missing the content of what is the meaning of freedom of religion, but when you come in a modern society i expect everyone to act modern and dress modern, if you dont like it then go back to your country, but dont try to do a silent conquest through the means of the immigration.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Then everyone should be allowed out of class to pray if that's how it's going to be. All or none.

second.
edit on 26-7-2011 by geraldcole because: added second line

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by geraldcole

thats the point, but the TDSB only allowed it for the Muslims.
which is a stupid move.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Either adapt to everyone else or just don't pray in public places. NO special treatment for any religious groups. If that were the case, then it should be fair from everyone.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This should be ATS gold. If u talk about a "higher power" on ATS everyone will assume you mean aliens.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by geraldcole

I'm sorry, I didn't know every religion had their weekly congregational prayer on friday.

OH THAT'S RIGHT!! Everybody else has the entire DAY off for their services!!!! Did you forget that??

edit on 26-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I like that his(Banerjee's) solution to the problem is to have the Muslim kids pack lunches, LEAVE THE SCHOOL FOR AN HOUR, and then come back after prayer. Somehow, I think that might be a little more distracting than the current set up.

And then, wouldn't he just be asking why the Muslim kids are allowed to leave the campus for an hour?

I don't know. Kinda just sounds like he doesn't like Muslims (praying in the school).

Also, doesn't the article say this all takes place during lunch hour in the cafeteria? What classes exactly are they coming in and out of?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
For the whole dress right argument, thats complete bunk. They have every right to wear what they want. I wear Tabi and Kilts sometimes for the heck of it. Tell me to go away, you'd be an idiot for saying it.

And if its at lunch, why cant they pray? Schools not making em, and if anyone else can do it too, then whats the prob?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
My question is this:
If a person knows that his or her beliefs are not practiced in an area, why would they go there and then expect the majority of the population to abide by the foreign ideas that they brought?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
My question is this:
If a person knows that his or her beliefs are not practiced in an area, why would they go there and then expect the majority of the population to abide by the foreign ideas that they brought?

Expecting the majority to abide would be imposing the friday prayer on ALL kids muslim and non-muslim. You're statement is lame as hell..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

edit on 26-7-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Going to School isn't for praying - you do that in your own time, sorry Muslim's but it's not going to kill you - wait till you get home...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
More propaganda? Against Muslims? That has been dealt with before on ATS?

What a surprise.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
More propaganda? Against Muslims? That has been dealt with before on ATS?

What a surprise.

DID YOU EVEN Bother of reading the darn article i just posted? no i guess not.

More propaganda? Against Muslims?

Really in what way?

That has been dealt with before on ATS?

you need check a few threads on this issue on the forum seeing how you only joined in18-1-2010.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
I like that his(Banerjee's) solution to the problem is to have the Muslim kids pack lunches, LEAVE THE SCHOOL FOR AN HOUR, and then come back after prayer. Somehow, I think that might be a little more distracting than the current set up.

And then, wouldn't he just be asking why the Muslim kids are allowed to leave the campus for an hour?

I don't know. Kinda just sounds like he doesn't like Muslims (praying in the school).

Also, doesn't the article say this all takes place during lunch hour in the cafeteria? What classes exactly are they coming in and out of?

and where do the other kids eat?

the girl said they are about 15mins late each time.

tell the union friday is a holiday and they have to make up all the days into the summer, see how far that goes.

fri-muslims

sat-jews

sun-christians

no brainer.

make them make up ramadan by themselves, give them the month off.

teachers won't mind because they can demand private tutoring wages from the parents.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I guess my main concern is that if this is going on in the school in a predominantly Muslim area, wouldn't you have a large amount of the kids being Muslim?

It just seems like to me that it'd be sort of like that thing people get so up in arms about when Christians want to have prayer time in the classroom and the other religions can just "step outside" if they don't want to participate.

Wouldn't this kind of practice lead to the other kids feeling and somewhat being ostracized and singled out? Personally, I'd feel scared to not participate in their little prayer group for fear that I'd be proselytized to (harassed heavily).

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Going to School isn't for praying - you do that in your own time, sorry Muslim's but it's not going to kill you - wait till you get home...

how the heck do they even hold a job? (parents)

i guess we are not talking about the time it takes to suck down a marlboro.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I guess my main concern is that if this is going on in the school in a predominantly Muslim area, wouldn't you have a large amount of the kids being Muslim?

It just seems like to me that it'd be sort of like that thing people get so up in arms about when Christians want to have prayer time in the classroom and the other religions can just "step outside" if they don't want to participate.

Wouldn't this kind of practice lead to the other kids feeling and somewhat being ostracized and singled out? Personally, I'd feel scared to not participate in their little prayer group for fear that I'd be proselytized to (harassed heavily).

yes you would.

but it depends how many other kids are out there with you, right?

then they can get answers from their parents, why i have to leave the room.

besides, what christian prayer time you talkin about?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
My question is this:

Because some religions practice "Proselytism" or the act of conversion through pursuasion. Christianity is also a Proselytist religion.

We see Islam, and we speak out against Islam, because it is very "in your face" .. it's practitioners will convert or expect conversion out of host populaces (like Canada, USA, all of Europe). It's really no surprise.

There have been more Buhdist and Hindus that have moved to the US and Canada in the past 10 years than Muslims... in fact, at least in the US, Hindu's are currently building more, larger areas of worship. We don't notice and we don't care because they don't demand special treatment .. we see them in their garments with the dot on their heads, and while we don't get it .. it's confusing to us .. we don't disrespect them.

Islam however is like the short bus of religions.. they act like little children and demand to have their way. They come from countries where the Government gives them everything to live by and the Mosque everything else.. they can move into a new nation and feel nothing but disdain for our way of life because they have an incredible sense of higher morality .. even if we consider it backwards. My sentiments anyways.. it's very hard for me to find respect for Christians or Muslims, but Muslims especially just for their misplaced arrogance.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
they should go to a country where friday is a non-working or school day.

have no idea what planet that would be on, tho.

where do the other kids eat again?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join