It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama rejects bipartisan debt plan, spurs impeachment planning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Obama rejects bipartisan debt plan, spurs impeachment planning

+ Washington - As the debt ceiling crisis spooked global markets and reports surfaced of President Obama's rejection of a bipartisan plan, talk of impeachment is circulating among congressional circles. Source

This talk comes from the apparent rejection of the proposed bipartisan plan.

These collisions between both chambers of Congress and the White House have led to calls for the impeachment of President Obama should the federal government default. Congressman Steve King (R-IA) openly claimed through Twitter that Mr. Obama would be impeached if the nation defaulted on its loan guarantees, Politico reported on Monday.

“The 1st dime of each $1 of revenue services debt. Obama would be impeached if he blocked debt payments. C C & B,” Congressman King tweeted. Source

Interesting... just talk, will it evolve more? Impeachment possible? Your views?

Just thought I'd share.

edit on 26-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: edited

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I'm all for it as long as Boehner and Cantor go too.

Enough is enough, and if I don't see those three faces for the rest of my life it will be too soon. All three have displayed nothing but stubbornness and an inability to do their jobs. Obama has shown to be a weakling and Boehner and Cantor self serving, and uncaring leaders. Begone with all three.

Khar

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
So impeachment has never been mentioned in the context of operating outside of the War Powers Act that gets people killed. However the moment the International Bankers feel they may be stiffed out of their blood money all hell breaks loose

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I like Obama as a "human being". But as a president, he stinks. If he gets impeached, the gang of six and everyone else who waited until the last minute to FIX an ongoing debt crisis should be gone from their offices, too. It's only fair, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Don't forget about Ried. Then again I would rather kick them ALL out, with the lobbiest, and start from scratch.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Okay this is the most stupid reason to impeach a President. Congress controls the purse strings and controls the voting. If congress cannot even agree on a bill, then why should the President take a fall for congresses inability to pass a resolution. Most of us know our elected leaders are bought and paid for by wealthy interests. This is probably just a warning from them to scare the President to leave tax cuts alone. If they have enough money to influence congress then maybe paying a few extra taxes is what should happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

The more I hear, the more I read of this lunacy, wipe them from the whole ting and start clean. When will it end...that may be the solution.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That is what I thought at first, a scare tactic to make him agree. They'll bring up it more if that's the plan.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Boehner and Cantor will not come to an agreement with Obama because they are being strong and standing their ground.
Obama will not come to an agreement with them because he is not doing his job and needs to be impeached.

Suuuuuure.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
its a good reason to impeach obama

he hasnt offered any solution but wants to continue the status quo

right now as it stand the us is in danger.

there is no economic security or national security we have major problems and its trying to make it worse.

i doubt if he ever will be tho but he should be.

the status quo isnt working that much we all know
edit on 26-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I heard the other day that they are talking about him (Pres. Obama) raising the debt ceiling without congressional support. If that happens he should be impeached.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's Congress's job to pass a budget not the President. Blaming the president for this is like blaming a farmer for a flood that washes his crops away

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alex655320

blaming the president is the right thing to do.

and its the houses job for the money and its the presidents job to sign the bill.

congress has no responsibity to get on its knees so a president can have his way.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by alex655320
reply to post by neo96

It's Congress's job to pass a budget not the President. Blaming the president for this is like blaming a farmer for a flood that washes his crops away

The debt ceiling and budget, oddly enough, aren't exactly the same thing--at least not for the federal government. If we were talking about state government, you'd be closer onto something here. But we're not.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

blaming the president is the right thing to do. and its the houses job for the money and its the presidents job to sign the bill. congress has no responsibity to get on its knees so a president can have his way.

Except for the fact they are all on their knees with their heads bobbing back and forth while corporate CEO's and bankers are standing there with big smiles on their faces. The government doesn't work for the people anymore. They all need to go. We need to start fresh with people that aren't bought and paid for.
edit on 26-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I would think that they should also get rid of congress and Impose term limits as well that would really solve our problems. If they can only do one- two terms than how are they going to get bought off?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The rhetoric's out of control. I used to think our nation was run by C students, but I'm starting to think that's being kind. So we're going to impeach the President because congress can't get it's act together and forces the country to default? Suuure, but I don't want to hear anyone complain when it happens to the next POTUS, and then the next, and the next after that.

Edit: Though I do agree that the whole lot of them are worthless, for the record.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
get rid of presidents all together, all they know how to do is blow our hard earned money on their parties and war.

Obamas an impostor and a threat to national security and secret service needs to cancel his appointment

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

I'm all for it as long as Boehner and Cantor go too.

Enough is enough, and if I don't see those three faces for the rest of my life it will be too soon. All three have displayed nothing but stubbornness and an inability to do their jobs. Obama has shown to be a weakling and Boehner and Cantor self serving, and uncaring leaders. Begone with all three.

Khar

I would agree....

If we can throw Reid and Pelosi in there as well!

Anyways, this is the first time I've heard "impeach" from Congress since he took office .. probably nothing, just like this circus .. nothing but a show.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What about the Federal Reserve getting impeached while we are at it? Why does the nation have to pay interest on the creation of money? Surly money and the economy is owned by the nation and not a private bank. The national books will never balance in its current economic structure, so lets stop the blame game and get to the real problem.
edit on 26-7-2011 by kwakakev because: changed 'situation' to 'economic structure'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join