It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Obama vs. 2006 Obama on the Debt Ceiling.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ron Paul? Rand Paul, maybe? Thomas Jefferson? Nahh...it was our current Potentate condemning President George Bush's administration for wanting to raise the debt ceiling.

Obama 2006 vs. Obama January 2011 vs. Obama April 2011 on the Debt Ceiling

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,” he said. “It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

Obama voted against it, but it passed anyway.

When asked about that, Whitehouse press secretary Robert Gibbs said:

“Based on the outcome of that vote…the full faith and credit was not in doubt,” Gibbs said. Then-Sen. Obama used the vote “to make a point about needing to get serious about fiscal discipline….His vote was not necessarily needed on that.”

Now senior White House adviser David Plouffe says that Obama "believes that vote was a mistake." We know what the mistake was, Mr. Potentate. It was electing you into office.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

That's change we can believe in
. Lets hope people wake up in 2012, not that the GOP is putting up any good candidates. Its a long shot but Paul sounds good to me

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yup, you get selected, sorry I meant "elected", and suddenly your position can stop and change on a dime.

Just once I'd love to hear an elected official explain exactly what earth-shattering fact was revealed to them to do a 180 degree turn on an issue.

Holding my breath...turning blue, but still holding my breath...turning really blue...this cannot be good.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

While I don't necessarily believe in the shadowy "TPTB", it does make even me wonder what the heck happened between then and now? Surely he remembers saying that, as well as other things that he's flip-flopped on. Obama's a smart guy. Someone happened to him.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Obama's a smart guy. Someone happened to him.

Your reply made me think of an awesome video with George Carlin and Bill Hicks.

Check it out at the 1:44 mark.

Maybe?

Seems funny, but it makes a person wonder.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The people wanted change, not destruction. Obama sure likes to blame others for his mistakes. That was proven in tonight’s televised speech.

Also, I thought he was the “emotion less” president. He sure showed his emotions tonight. You could tell he was mad.

This is what I want to know…..All of the banks that accepted bailout money have paid it back. All of the auto makers with exception of Chrysler have paid back the full amount given to them. Chrysler paid all but around $1.7 billion back. This amazes me because Obama promised the American taxpayers that the bailout money was a loan from the people and the companies would pay them back with interest. It was a business deal and the country would benefit from it.

Ok, Mr. President, then why is the debt so uncontrollable now? Where and who did you give all our money too? Do you realize the money you spent was not yours?

I’m waiting on Obama to stop blaming other Presidents and say, “I really don’t know what I’m doing and you the people should have known that before electing me as your president. This is all your fault for voting for me.”

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
yep the left has always been the crowd i was agianst it before i was for it.

the fact remains obamas leadership for the past 3 years has been severly lacking.

and if he was just so concern with the national debt the dude wouldnt have spent near 5 trillion in less that 3 years of office.

if obama gets another 4 years god help us all were done.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Whats wrong with changing your opinion? Nobody every explains this to me. They complain when a politician changes his/her opinion like it's a bad thing. In the last five years I've changed my opinion on alot of things...because I learned. It's one thing to pander to the crowd. It's wholly different idea to expect elected officials to never change an opinion on anything, especially after 5 years!

Not to mention I keep seeing this meaningless word... leadership. It's just another word people throw around so they don't have to define exactly what they mean.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alex655320

Just like he changed his mind about the wars, about gitmo, about the patriot act.

Obama is about as consistent as a fart in the wind.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Obama warned Americans about the default.

Inability to cope with budget deficits and public debt could lead to job cuts and cause serious damage to the U.S. economy, U.S. President Barack Obama in a televised address to the nation.
Obama said that the obstacle to solving the problem of government debt are those Republicans who insist only on reducing government spending, not agreeing with the abolition of tax breaks for big companies and the wealthiest Americans www.euroradio.fm...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Bah...I just realized that I didn't change my thread wording after I changed my title (which was originally: Who said it: "...raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure..."). My first post is pretty nonsensical now.

/TOA
edit on 26-7-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

While I don't necessarily believe in the shadowy "TPTB", it does make even me wonder what the heck happened between then and now? Surely he remembers saying that, as well as other things that he's flip-flopped on. Obama's a smart guy. Someone happened to him.

/TOA

Hate to break it to you TOA,
But when you have the same cabinet members since the 1970's...
All of which are Bilderbergs, CFR's, Trilateral Commissioners...
There is definitively a shadowy group telling the POTUS what to do.
Look at Henry Kissinger.
That's only one guy.
And he's been in the cabinet for 40 years...but most don't know about that.
Well now, it's not a secret anymore.

That's how Kennedy got killed.
He wasn't conforming to the cabinet.

This current POTUS is a good puppet.
He is doing exactly what he is told to do/say.

And don't think for one minute this group isn't trying to wreck the US economy.
They have been succeeding in demolishing it brick by brick since the 1970's.
Now it's just speeding up.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

it does make even me wonder what the heck happened between then and now?

Perhaps that little thing called the global financial crisis had something to do with it...?

I'm sure many a person have changed their tune since 2006 due to the GFC.

What do you reckon?

new topics

top topics

join