It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population control Isn't it about time?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Reaper2137

I'm not advocating killing any one

You are aware that your profile pic is you (I'm assuming) lookin like a "cool guy" with a sweet sniper rifle. Don't kid yourself. Have you ever even seen another human being die? You'd probably wouldn't think twice if some sociopath in the UN required every other person in the world to be sterilized like dogs.

How naive to think that his profile picture has anything to do with the subject of the thread.

In fact he stated the opposite opinion in a post on his own thread. Population control does not preclude to the idea of killing people, but controlling the future birth rate. If the world population took the measures to control their own breeding habits this could solve the problem.

Ha, how naive to think that a profile picture has nothing to do with the individual's views. If I had a picture of a guy in digi camo and a weapon, wouldn't it be a safe guess that those things interest me?

Maybe you should use your "self induced common sense" and never have children, please.

You're being way too pretentious in this case. There's evidence the OP has an interest in guns, which =/= an interest in killing people.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

Why do so many people think that the term "population control" has to be about killing others or sterilization? Can it not be just simple common sense that people use when planing a family?

Because the term "population control" by definition implies enforcing family size against that families will. If it were left up to the individual families to determine their appropriate numbers there would be no such thing as control.

^ding ding ding^

But I guess this lack of common sense is rampant in today's world. I mean our damn president said our NATO actions in Libya weren't hostile. I guess it's still 1984. Wasn't population always controlled?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I'm sorry, but naive, brainwashed fascists piss me off.

I'm sorry but narrow minded people who refuse to look at fact and pretend people are fascist when they won't do the research Piss me off too.

Fascist: 1. often Fascist An advocate or adherent of fascism.
2. A reactionary or dictatorial person.

Hmm, I wonder if supporting mandated population control (of any kind) fits the glove.

Just so there's no wiggle room, it does.

No it does not because population control can fall with in more than one political ideal or party

Moron: 1.EmVeeFF narrow minded unwilling to look at facts or problems
2. A reactionary or dictatorial person incapable of research or unbiased research
3. A unwillingness to look at a problem and know its a problem

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

That is an invalid argument since having children is not a bad thing. A person who can sustain multiple children and give them a good life has every right to and if the government were to limit the amount of children these people could have would be unfair and wrong. But whatever, you know its the truth, you just want to sound intellectual by denying you have human emotions, [SNIP]
edit on 26-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed insult

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen

I'm not advocating killing any one

You are aware that your profile pic is you (I'm assuming) lookin like a "cool guy" with a sweet sniper rifle. Don't kid yourself. Have you ever even seen another human being die? You'd probably wouldn't think twice if some sociopath in the UN required every other person in the world to be sterilized like dogs.

How naive to think that his profile picture has anything to do with the subject of the thread.

In fact he stated the opposite opinion in a post on his own thread. Population control does not preclude to the idea of killing people, but controlling the future birth rate. If the world population took the measures to control their own breeding habits this could solve the problem.

Ha, how naive to think that a profile picture has nothing to do with the individual's views. If I had a picture of a guy in digi camo and a weapon, wouldn't it be a safe guess that those things interest me?

Maybe you should use your "self induced common sense" and never have children, please.

You're being way too pretentious in this case. There's evidence the OP has an interest in guns, which =/= an interest in killing people.

Yes because some were in my op I said we should just shoot thing right? show me were I advocated any were for killing? oh that's right I didn't..

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Why do so many people think that the term "population control" has to be about killing others or sterilization? Can it not be just simple common sense that people use when planing a family?

Because the term "population control" by definition implies enforcing family size against that families will. If it were left up to the individual families to determine their appropriate numbers there would be no such thing as control.

Do you have no self control then?

self control has absolutely nothing to do with population control. If you want to leave it up to self control then you have no need for population control. If you want population control, you remove the option for self control. Can you not see that?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

^ding ding ding^

But I guess this lack of common sense is rampant in today's world. I mean our damn president said our NATO actions in Libya weren't hostile. I guess it's still 1984. Wasn't population always controlled?

No it hasn't because you would rather make big problems for future generations because you can't keep it in your pants or keep your legs crossed.. lord forbid you think about some one or some thing beyond your self.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

You have a gun, aimed at the camera, to give the illusion that you are about to shoot us. You are advocating killing and violence, its an easy and logical conclusion to make.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
reply to post by mileysubet

That is an invalid argument since having children is not a bad thing. A person who can sustain multiple children and give them a good life has every right to and if the government were to limit the amount of children these people could have would be unfair and wrong. But whatever, you know its the truth, you just want to sound intellectual by denying you have human emotions, you jack-***

Its a bad think if you can't afford them or don't have the food for them. Are you one of those people having children to remain on welfare? or were your parents that way? if not than its really not about you in any way

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

This may be true, but to assume it has to do with the issue of population control is an assumption at best. The reason he is wearing a uniform and posing with a weapon is in no way revelant to the subject at hand. Although it seem to be a very handy way to throw stones at OP, when you do not have better ideas. It seems that people never stop judging based on appearance and read/listen to the persons heart....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
reply to post by Reaper2137

You have a gun, aimed at the camera, to give the illusion that you are about to shoot us. You are advocating killing and violence, its an easy and logical conclusion to make.

THANK YOU

I was going to say the same thing, but found it would probably futile in this case.

Oh, and he's wearing military BDU's, what does the military do class?

Oh right, they control the population

link   
edit on 26-7-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

link   

I... was... defending your case...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Personal attacks that you started, Read I desire to have legislation to dictate people reproductive habits because other wise they are to stupid to do it them self's

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join