It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population control Isn't it about time?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Obviously the population of Human Beings must at some point level out IF we are ALL going to live EXCLUSIVELY on planet Earth. What number the Earth can safely maintain is of course open for debate. But what is certain is that we cannot continue to multiply indefinitely on the Earth. I personally think we are nearing that mark now. Quality of life will suffer if we expand beyond our means.

I am not in favor of any forced population controls and I do believe the Elite are actively pursuing population reduction for their own agendas. I think that is pure Evil.

I think, as demonstrated by this thread, many people are ignorant of what exponential growth really means. Education is the only humane way to address the increasing problem of population overgrowth. For your consideration and education I offer the following video ... sorry the video quality is not very good.

That being said I myself am 38 years old and have been with the same woman for nearly 20 years. We have no children and do not plan to. This is not because I am doing my part for population control (I could have at least two without really increasing the population). This is because we never felt the desire to really have children. Its a large responsibility to take on.

Ignoring problems won't make them go away. Why not really listen to those with different points of view? You may not change your mind after hearing the evidence but you will certainly be more knowledgeable and make better points in your favor in the future. So please if you have the time watch the video above. It is very educational ....

edit on 26-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If you hate human beings and want to reduce population why dont you start by jumping off a bridge to help the "problem"? Oh its okay as long as it isnt you or your family? How dare you even attempt to side with these elite scumbags that demand 1 child policies while they walk around with 5+ children. Scum. You are traitors to your own species.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The answer is simple. Birth control and family planning will not solve the problem because there is no wat to enforce this on a global scale. If you want to control the population, first you must control the food.

For the sake of argument I’ll assume you’re familiar with the laws of supply and demand. Well, it applies to food and population as well. The more food we produce, the more people will reproduce. The more people reproduce, the more food we need to produce. Right now there are approximately 7 billion people on earth. The world as a whole produces enough food a year to feed between 9 - 11 billion people at around 4 billon tons. America alone produces twice as much food as it can consume. Meaning we waste roughly 29 million tons of food in a single year. Globally we waste about 1.3 billion tons, and all while the cost of food has gone up.

By the year 2050 it’s estimated the worlds population will have caught up to our current food production at a whopping 9.2 billion people. That’s the addition of 2.2 billion more people in a 39 year span. However our food production will have also increased to meet this new demand, and yet starvation and death will continue to be inevitable. There will always be those who suffer from starvation. It's the balance of nature.

On a side note, let’s not forget some of the major side effects of increased population and food production. Those being a depleted supply of already limited clean water, the devastating effect of deforestation and agriculture on the ecosystem, new and powerful strains of disease, increased threats of terrorisim and cultural destabilization, just to name a few.

“If the world is to be saved, it will not be by old minds with new programs, but by new minds with no programs at all” ~ Daniel Quinn.

World Info Meter
UN Population Projections
1 Billion Tons Wasted

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
But what benefits elite could obtain by depopulating earth?
-loss of consumers
-loss of cheap manpower
They are power maniacs, the bigger the empire the more illusion of power they have.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I thought the population was quite small
but then again,i've never believed the overpopulation rubbish.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
Lets take a look at population control and why its needed.

1.) our current population is around nine billion and continues at an exponential rate. In the next 25-30 years that number will double. We are well over the Earths carrying capacity of 2 billion for the way we live. If we still lived as hunter gathers we could further populate the planet to 40-100 billion but we are too late for that.

Link: World's Population Clock

World 6,951,440,208
13:21 UTC (EST+5) Jul 26, 2011

Hmm... Thanks for smudging the truth.

No thanks for the fear mongering.

Solution for population problem...
Enter into a full blown space age, so we can use the population to explore new planets. While we are exploring new civilizations, we keep an eye out for new minerals, energy sources, food sources, and cures for disease and illnesses.

Problem solved.

Why kill a crap load of innocent people when you can put them to work, so they can help themselves and others at the same time?

edit on 7/26/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

1.) our current population is around nine billion and continues at an exponential rate. In the next 25-30 years that number will double. We are well over the Earths carrying capacity of 2 billion for the way we live. If we still lived as hunter gathers we could further populate the planet to 40-100 billion but we are too late for that.

you need new sources....theres just under 7 billion on earth right now...now i havnt really researched this much but ive read that earth can comfortably sustain 10 billion humans before we begin to eat more food than we can produce.

and ive also read that you can fit every human into the state of texas and everyone would have enough room to grow vegetables and keep a pig, cow, sheep and chicken.

therefore....i declare you dont know what your talking about

yes I said again and again that just because we have the land doesn't mean we have the resources. That right there shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

yes I'm sure you could fit every man woman and child in Texas but what happens when the population doubles in 20 years? when it doubles again in another 20 years? or did you not notice that in the united states its against the law to grow your own food now?

When the Human population gets this big people don't factor in that 200,000 people are born each day. It adds up really quick.

read my entire post and comment on the other factors i mentioned

i know im not too clued up on this subject..but clearly neither are you

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Although I do not agree with him, he is suggesting education for countries with the highest growth rates as well as a one or two child policy and forced sterilization after two children.

This IMO forced anything is disgusting and the sort of thing you'd expect from somebody at school age or possible some bitter old maid who never had children. (Images of my two sisters come to mind!) Ive had a debate going for about 10 years on this very subject.

Human life is the most amazing thing you can imagine as any parent here will tell you. You simply cannot remember life before your children and cant image it without them. Anybody who asks 'whats the point anyway' has probably never had children.

After a long education (bio chem) and a twenty year career, my children will be the best contribution I will be able to make to the world. Instead of spending 30~ years inside the matrix as I did, my children are growing up awake, critically thinking, and aware, and are not being set roles and limitations by the conditioning of the modern cookie cutter machine building education system. (Do i sound disillusioned with the educations system?).

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

The only reason people say the planet is over populated is because Oil will run out one day, and people are greedy and too stupid to let it go and the population is not even close to 9 billion...sorry and there is no chance in hell the population doubling in 20-30 years or we would already be seeing a massive increase, how old are you? lol

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That is a dis-inegenious argument, Everyone might fit into australia, or texas, but Australia couldn't provide enough resources, ie water, timber, etc for everybody in the world.

At current rates of growth from the extraction of resources, because American's f#(*&^ing over consumption, it would take 3-5 more earths just so everybody else could live like an American does. America is a wasteful society full of redneck, knuckledragging, mouth breather nascar fans who don't understand the simplest component of this problem. They just want to barbeque and drink their budweiser, This is 'murika, greatest country in the world. The other part of this country are freaking apple user, hippy liberal douchbags, who think the world would be instantaneously a better place if only we could stop the smokers.

There are no more quick fixes, and the crash is going to be hard and fast. The most ironic thing about this crash is that the poorest people in the world are the ones that are best prepared to deal with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides
That is a dis-inegenious argument, Everyone might fit into australia, or texas, but Australia couldn't provide enough resources, ie water, timber, etc for everybody in the world.

The point made in these examples is simply that the world is not all like the cities that most ppl live in. Its a big empty place. The logic is that if everybody was housed in such a small area, the rest of the entire earth could be used to provide for them in this hypothetical Australia or Texas.

At current rates of growth from the extraction of resources, because American's f#(*&^ing over consumption, it would take 3-5 more earths just so everybody else could live like an American does. America is a wasteful society full of redneck, knuckledragging, mouth breather nascar fans who don't understand the simplest component of this problem. They just want to barbeque and drink their budweiser, This is 'murika, greatest country in the world. The other part of this country are freaking apple user, hippy liberal douchbags, who think the world would be instantaneously a better place if only we could stop the smokers.

Wouldn't want to generalize now would you? I do like your apple using liberal thing though, i know plenty of ppl who fit into this category perfectly eheh. You forgot to mention 'coffee shop lurking' in your liberal cliche.

One of the reasons for such ridiculous usage IMO is the constant need for these big corporations to have cheap crap made in china at the lowest price to sell for a big markup that breaks before you get it home and or winds up in the bin a week later.

Does everybody remember the good old days when cars, electrical equipment, white goods, and toys lasted 20 years or more. Now they are made to break the day the warranty is out. My kids have a few toys from when i my gran was a kid. They dont make them like they used to, thats for sure.

There are no more quick fixes, and the crash is going to be hard and fast. The most ironic thing about this crash is that the poorest people in the world are the ones that are best prepared to deal with it.

I think peek oil is a myth created to justify cranking up prices, although I have not looked into it really, will have to read on the matter at some point.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ray1850

Right on, I like the way you think. Good post

sooner or later population has to be curbed what good is having enough land if you don't have the food? or the resources to back it?

Population needs to be curbed? But not you, right?

You learnt it in college? Why am I not surprised

Too much brainwashing goes on in colleges and universities these days.

In short, no, it does not need to happen.
edit on 26/7/11 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Let me ask you, in this grand design of population control; who would make the decisions to limit births?

I would think a max of two depending on research of sustainability. After the second you would be sterilized I would also think that it should be made that you get two shots and that is it. Two boys or two girls? Oh well..

Is this a Joke?
This has to be a joke, or some really seriously great trolling for rage from free thinking free willed human being with intelligence unwilling to surrender their life choices to a panel of voted in judges.
Let me assure you that population control would be in 100% play should someone impose such infringement on my life, and it would start with the reduction of population of those very same individuals directly in front of me attempting to impose their twisted sick guidelines on me.
Gawd threads and thoughts like this make me sick.

(10 pages 5 flags, a real dancing turd of an idea)
edit on 26-7-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
shaking my damn head.

sometimes I take a gander at various boards on this website and the paranoia completely startles me. people here tend to believe that academia is this secret structured society that is aimed at destroying the masses with propaganda and brainwashing. I suggest the lot of you read the article on academia before calling them out:

conspiracies.skepticproject.com...

This isn't some type of crazed Alex Jones conspiracy. it is fact. there are more people being born than dying, and we are living to long for our own good. call me sinister, evil, or anything but I honestly believe that people who want to have a child have to apply for it in a form or through testing to make sure their child will be healthy and live a decent life. there are to many children being conceived into families, geographic areas, etc. where they live horrible lives with parental figures who can't support their own children. this needs to stop because it leads to overpopulation.

maybe a one child restriction like the PRC would help as a start:

en.wikipedia.org...

People can pass on their genes whilst also maintaining decent population control. I know a lot of people here are a bunch of freedom fighters who think that corporations, the government, Illuminati, lizard-men are after them, but this has nothing to do with that - it has to do with the survival of our planet and future generations. a very large portion of the population is worthless, and ceasing the growth of worthless portions is important to our future. Yet again, this isn't some kind of crazy conspiracy and I'm not supporting some kind of one world government or corporate agenda, I just think some reformation is in order for our planet to survive.

This means we might need to suck it up and be a little realistic instead of whining about how we all have a "right to life" and anyone can do whatever they want - stop being a bunch of hippies. Giving life isn't a right, it is a privilege from nature and shouldn't be abused by birthing children you can't support, it's disrespectful to the abilities which have been given to you. I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for this, but if there's any place to be open-minded and give a crazy unbiased opinion it's ATS.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I agree. Way overpopulated. Without planet-destroying fossil fuel and fertilizers, we are living unsustainably. A complete no-brainer.

The problem is, I don't want to volunteer for extermination. So, I have the perfect group if humans to start with: religious nutjobs. Isolate the violent religious extremist gene and create a virus just for them.

Or, put them all on an island (or wasteland desert) and let them have their jihad/armageddon. Whoever is left should be easy to deal with. Hear that? Sign up for the Army, church kids!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
shaking my damn head.

sometimes I take a gander at various boards on this website and the paranoia completely startles me. people here tend to believe that academia is this secret structured society that is aimed at destroying the masses with propaganda and brainwashing. I suggest the lot of you read the article on academia before calling them out:

conspiracies.skepticproject.com...

Interesting read, so far he's basically stated;

that everything that academia claims is fact,
everything the media says is fact,
and everything the government says is true.

His list of definitions is so condescending and brash sweeping statements and generalizations.

He's also not too proud of himself. He's using domains by proxy, for some reason he doesnt want anybody to know who's paying the bills for this site which is only a few months old

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: SKEPTICPROJECT.COM
Created on: 01-Apr-11
Expires on: 01-Apr-12
Last Updated on: 01-Apr-11

This isn't some type of crazed Alex Jones conspiracy. it is fact. there are more people being born than dying, and we are living to long for our own good. call me sinister, evil, or anything but I honestly believe that people who want to have a child have to apply for it in a form or through testing to make sure their child will be healthy and live a decent life. there are to many children being conceived into families, geographic areas, etc. where they live horrible lives with parental figures who can't support their own children. this needs to stop because it leads to overpopulation.

maybe a one child restriction like the PRC would help as a start:

en.wikipedia.org...

People can pass on their genes whilst also maintaining decent population control. I know a lot of people here are a bunch of freedom fighters who think that corporations, the government, Illuminati, lizard-men are after them, but this has nothing to do with that - it has to do with the survival of our planet and future generations. a very large portion of the population is worthless, and ceasing the growth of worthless portions is important to our future. Yet again, this isn't some kind of crazy conspiracy and I'm not supporting some kind of one world government or corporate agenda, I just think some reformation is in order for our planet to survive.

This means we might need to suck it up and be a little realistic instead of whining about how we all have a "right to life" and anyone can do whatever they want - stop being a bunch of hippies. Giving life isn't a right, it is a privilege from nature and shouldn't be abused by birthing children you can't support, it's disrespectful to the abilities which have been given to you. I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for this, but if there's any place to be open-minded and give a crazy unbiased opinion it's ATS.

You should really read this entire thread as your agreeing with the opp who is stating that after 2 children you should be sterilized by force.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I like some of your ideals as well as others but the food is going to be a problem. What good tho is going to have one million pounds of food or 10,00 fish if the population needs triple that?

In one square kilometre there is about 240 acres the 1 million pounds of food 10,000 fish and 500 yards of compost was grown/done on 3 acres of land.

There is about 150,000,000 square kilometres of land space on Earth. I'm certain humans may colonize the Oceans in the future as well.
edit on 26-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join