It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this correct?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Alright well I was talking to one of my friends and this is what they said:

OOBEs and dreams are one in the same. It's just in dreams, usually you don't know what's going on and a lot of weird sh*t happens that you really don't understand when you wake up. The only real differences between OOBEs and dreams is that you know what is happening and it happens in real time. You could make an OOBE as weird and as confusing as a dream if you felt like it. You control what happens in an OOBE. Things may happen in real time for you. It's not like that for everytime. If you are in an OOBE and some burglar breaks into your house, it doesn't have to mean a burglar is really breaking in. You could just be imagining a burglar breaking into your house, which makes you see it in an OOBE.

Conclusion: OOBEs happen in real time but are still dreams in a way. And all dreams are OOBEs but you have no idea what's going on. You can control what happens in an OOBE. This is the main reason they tell you not to do it if you are afraid. If you go into an OOBE thinking about scary stuff such as demons, satan, evil spirits, those worst fears will appear in the experience.

I don't think he's right but I'm not sure so I'd like some of you "experts" to tell me if he is correct or not.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i always thought that if u became aware that you were dreaming then that would be a lucid dream.
that explanation is or can be confusing depending on what outlook you take.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
yea a lucid dream is different to an oobe, though you can project yourself into oobe during a lucid dream

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So is he wrong or right?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think he is wrong. But i don't have time to go into detail so i will explain later

Infinite

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Another thing OOBES dont happen in "real time". You can spend years in an OOBE and have only hourse pass in real life and it works the other way around too.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Anyone have any other opinions on this. Can someone tell me if he is correct or incorrect and why?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Different levels of consiousness. Dreams occur in delta state of mind, where the user has no control.

OOBE occur in alpha state of mind, where the user is somewhat in control.

join