It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS running ads for Scientology

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by cripmeister

And your answer says it all....

I knew there were other motives behind you posting this Thread. Bad move

End of discussion.

I thought my motives clear from the start. I don't support the GFL, the Raelians or any other cult. Don't you think it's bad taste for ATS, that prides itself on 'denying ignorance', to ok a suppressive cults advertising? I think so.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't know.

Ultimately, each individual has to what to choose what to believe or with which organization to associate themselves (if any). And in order to do that, you should have a chance to explore and experience what these various groups have to offer. Hopefully, if you're a visitor or contributor to this website, you've been exposed to enough hard headed cynics and skeptics that you're not going to simply buy into something just because somebody has a good sales pitch. This goes for the Scientologists, or the Christians, or the Zeta Reticulans.

As far as I'm concerned, everybody is full of crap. However, you might like some group's brand of crap better than another's, and I'm not in a position to judge what you decide. Even if you're an idiot.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/301b203f7155.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for the extra advert... I am sure the CoS appreciates all your efforts.

Out of interest, have you ever been a member of the Church of Scientology? I am just wandering as to "deny ignorance" requires knowledge, not second-hand regurgitated opinion, but your own knowledge. So, either you are being ignorant by having no direct knowledge of the facts, or you have been a member and simply deny the most basic ideas in Scientology scriptures.

Which is it, and what do you actually disagree with in the CoS?

Ignorance or denial? I really do recommend you discover the facts for yourself.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So I've been looking into how Google Adsense works, it seems you can choose what ads are shown. Any chance to get an official response as to why the owners have put their ok on advertising from the CoS? Springer?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
well i for one have never seen a COS ad, tbh i dont really pay attention to any ads on here

it makes no difference to me whats advertised on here, the ads go by what you tend to click on, search words etc etc and they show you stuff it thinks you might like, so i highly doubt that the powers that be on ATS have very much control nor say on what gets shown to its members, that is until a member flags one as inappropriate, malicious or virus, and really the only way they know this is if members tell them. if you have an issue (like you seem to) i suggest you post it in www.abovetopsecret.com... or contact one of the powers that be directly.

a COS ad is no different to one showing other religious text/pictures etc as i said before the ads are shown based on your interests i.e keywords you type, stuff you Google etc etc.

dont like it? then ignore it & dont click, its simple, just because something shows you a picture doesn't mean you have to buy the contents.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
For some reason this thread makes the statement "making a mountain out of a mole hill" come to mind. I didn't even know that ATS had an ad banner until I read this thread. I just look at the forums and the topics. The way I see it ATS needs money to operate and everyone has a right to their own opinion. If someone doesn't like what they are seeing don't look at it. Scroll down until you can't see the ad anymore.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Classicsoul because: mispelling and grammer errors...i just hate that

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classicsoul

I didn't even know that ATS had an ad banner until I read this thread.

And now you can consider yourself less ignorant

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I don't consider it being ignorant more like I didn't care.

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join