It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pres Obamas address on debt crisis now on CNN!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Some things i just heard Obama say you may find interesting.

He states the deficit was on track to reach one trillion dollars the year he took office and to make matters worse the recession meant there was less money coming in which required us to spend even more, on tax cuts for middle class families to spur the economy, on unemployment insurance and on aid to states so we could prevent more teachers, fire fighters and police officers from being laid off. lol!

Some comments i found interesting.

I wont bore you with the details of the plans or proposals.

Lets ask the wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations to give up some of their breaks in the tax code and special deductions.

It will reduce the defecit by around four trillion dollars.

And the cuts wouldnt happen so abruptly so that they would be a drag on our economy or prevent us from helping small buisnesses and middle class families get back on their feet right now.

There are many in the senate who have said yes i am willing to put politics aside and consider this approach because i care about solving the problem.

How can we ask a senior citizen to pay more for her medicare before we ask a corporate jet owner or the oil companies to give up tax breaks that other companies dont get?

How can we slash funding for education and clean energy before we ask people like me to give up tax breaks we dont need and didnt ask for?

Keep in mind under a ballanced approach the 98% of Americans who make under $250k would see no tax increases at all!

Sounds like its all sorted out!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ongoing discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

join