It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jane's Addiction. Live On Youtube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I just stumbled upon this. Just an FYI for anyone who may be interested.

www.youtube.com...

I have no clue how long it will last, but it started 15 minutes ago, 9:00 PM EST.

Live concert.

Sound quality is surprisingly good.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

SCHWeet!!! Thanks man!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Great band, I'll pass on this one though... going to see them with Tom Morello and Incubus on the 19th.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I couldn't resist grabbing a screenshot of Perry with his 'Dave Navarro Doll'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d25bd897965f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Man, what's up with today's crowds? Maybe they are just getting older! ha I bet it's a trip for Perry to sing songs that were written and experienced from such an 'expanded' state of mind, now that he's sober. Guess it is more performing arts now. Love these guys and their music though, permanently etched in my brain forever. The Kettle Whistle is one of my favorite albums of any band ever!

spec

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I'm glad to see they've still got it.
Still tight. Sounds great.

One thing I noticed about the crowd, during 'Three Days' when they turned the lights up, it looked about 95% of the crowd was holding their phones in the air. It's snippin streaming live on multiple cameras lol. Throw those dam phones on the snippin floor, stomp on em, and enjoy the snippin show.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Looks like they're gonna replay it again here shortly. I missed the beginning earlier.

"Please Stay Tuned For The Rebroadcast"

edit on 7/25/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

...and a few others, I see.

~Jane's Addiction, Incubus, Bush, AWOLNATION, The Nightwatchman, Neon Trees, Middle Class Rut, Company of Thieves

I was searching around, just to see if Tom had something new coming out, or if he was still under 'The Nightwatchmen'. I found a couple recent articles talking about his new comic book series. I've never really got into comic books, but this definitely looks interesting.

Orchid, a fantasy epic set in future, is the story of a 16-year-old street prostitute who discovers she has a greater calling than what has been imposed on her in a nightmarish world full of ferocious new animal species that prey on humans while the rich harvest the bodies of the poor.

www.rollingstone.com...

Morello explained his own involvement, as well as the musical accompaniment to each issue: “I am the creator and writer of this, it’s not farmed out,” he explained. “[color=CFECEC]Each issue will contain a musical score as well. You get free music with each issue that comes out that will be a complete and comprehensive score by the end of the arc. In the graphic novel medium, you can be completely uncompromising in content. I’m wholly invested in this, I want this to go toe-to-toe with my work with Rage and The Nightwatchmen.”

www.antiquiet.com...

on a side note:
I am really liking the new Jane's song - 'Irresistible Force'

If I was you, I would want to become familiar with that one before the show.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!

i missed this thread lol i love Janes Addiction,one of my favourite bands!

S+F anyway Broken Circles!

Remembering your previous threads and posts,you definitely know your music! Respect

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Thanks.

Don't miss the debut of the 3D show, that as of right now, is in Three Days.

New York, NY: Jane's Addiction will debut their official brand new single “Irresistible Force” Tuesday, August 2 on the world-famous KROQ morning radio show “The Kevin & Bean Show,” which will be available through all digital outlets August 3.

HipOnline

They have released a couple short clips in 3D. I need to find some glasses, and see if they work or not. I'm sure I've got some somewhere, but hard telling where. There's a few different options, where you can change the colors, to match your glasses, or something lol. idk, which is why I should try and figure it out, ahead of time.
Youtube 3D Options

It looks like they now have most of the show on ComeAlive's Channel, divided into individual songs. I couldn't find the performance of 'Irresistible Force.' Apparently, it hasn't been officially released yet, so I assume this was leaked. It was uploaded a little over an hour ago.

JANE'S ADDICTION tonight (Monday July 25) play an exclusive, private show at Terminal 5 in New York City, in association with YouTube and LG. Not only will the concert be streamed live on YouTube, but it will also be the first 3D user-generated concert event.

[color=CFECEC]Attendees-including more than 200 lucky ticket holders selected by LG and Jane's Addiction-will be the first to be able to film the show on brand new LG Thrill 4G Devices, and then these films are combined into one special 3D 60-minute documentary film which will be premiered on the LG Thrill 3D YouTube channel on August 4.

Top-40Charts
This↑ small detail, kinda makes my previous comment, about the crowd and their phones, look pretty dam stupid.

edit on 8/1/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Man, what's up with today's crowds? Maybe they are just getting older! ha I bet it's a trip for Perry to sing songs that were written and experienced from such an 'expanded' state of mind, now that he's sober. Guess it is more performing arts now. Love these guys and their music though, permanently etched in my brain forever. The Kettle Whistle is one of my favorite albums of any band ever!

spec

is this wife still singing/dancing in the band, just wondering

top topics

join