It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Bush admin. within first ten seconds of speech!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yup, unless your a government worker who will collect SS and a pension. then you probably wont be living in poverty. but for the rest of us, SS will be able to buy nothing more than weekly groceries to stock our room at the old folks home.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

i hear alot of ranting about the so called military industrial complex the myth that it has grown into.

fact is that one industry is a multi trillion dollar industry and this country hemoraging jobs that alone would create real wealth blue collar jobs that should never be outsourced.

like they are right now defense gets cut and they look for cheaper means and ways which leads to putting american lives on the line for crap made in china and europe.

25 million umemployed and another 50 on welfare you did that and those people would have a real future.

instead of taxing and regulating business and people out of exisitence.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

yet again making the thread about me.

you really want to talk strawmen.

blah blah

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The GOP's blatant and direct inability to compromise are the ones who have put all of their eggs in the basket all while banking on the collapse of the nation and have hijacked the nation by saying in not too many words :

"Either we get everything we want or else we wll kill the United States Of America and herd the nation into martial law one way or another and whoever don't like it will be labled Anti America and get sent to a FEMA Camp!".

This is what you are so vehemetly backing and defending. You are for your own screwing and lack the competency and intelligience to fully understand this.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

while that's true, there's nothing that says people cant be productive, and ear a little extra money to put into a 401K

I pay into mine ( not company provided ) about $5 a week. and sometimes I can put more in if need be. but I also have a few stocks and shares, some gold and silver.. all purchased with side jobs paid under the table.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by krossfyter

Hey dude -- the rich/mega-corporations get special treatment the rest of us don't w.r.t. taxes. Get it?
edit on 7/25/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

yeh tax them too. they can afford it and take it. the poor cant. "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Finally...a nonpartisan response to this whole game of political "chicken". Think about what Ghandi's simple statement means. It's the Golden Rule. "Do on to others..." Not one of us is grander or more important than the other. Wake up, people!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by coldkidc

dude i am not responsible for you or any other american and it doesnt matter how big my bank account is.

I think this is the crux of it all....American selfishness and damned if I'm going to help anybody else...."lalalalala I can't hear you, I can't see the starving, the dying , the tired, the poor and the hungry, I will just content myself with consuming and complaining but I'm too lethargic to act and I don't care about those damned poor people anyway...hell, they should try some hard work for a change and look after themselves, after all they got themselves in this mess by being citizens of this country and not taking advantage of others, like the wealthy have...."

Geez, you Yanks crack me up

edit on 25-7-2011 by aorAki because:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

They are "entitlement" if you, simply put, feel you're "entitled" to them.

The programs may not exist with that legal name. But if you think you should get something just because you fall into a certain demographic, guess what... you're asking for entitlement.

Open a dictionary.

Again, the point of my post was to point out our values. We should be striving towards independence, self-reliance, and hard work. Taxes do nothing of the sort. At all. Ever.

We are smart. Our government, no the people, can think of a better way to do it.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Paote because: Added the bit after "Open a dictionary"

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Yes, and from the years 2006-2010 the dem controlled congress, did such an amazing job with fiscal responsibility.
even leaving the majority congress in 2010 without a budget..

link   

and i say its obama and the lefts unwavering stupidity of not looking how and why we have ended up where we have.

it is all about the money:

who works for it
who steals it
who thinks they are entitled to it.
who actually pays taxes on it.

social programs is not even close to being self sustaining they create and destroy in order to "save" people

and the left and obama can get that through their heads

then a solution will come easy.

the status quo isnt working and something needs to be done if we are even to begin to save the republic.

and entitlements is a big problem

link   
reply to post by neo96

The MIDC may be a multi trillion dollar industry but do you see any of it going into the pocket of the average American? No. Didn't think so.

Cut defense by 15%, cut the NSA by 10%, delete tax cuts for the rich, delete giving compaines subsideies for sending jobs overseas, leace social servce progs alone and guess what, no default and we'd have a surplus and the debt (both the $14.5 Trillion annual operating and the $63.5 Trillion overall) could be erased in as little as 15 years, nationalize The Federal Reserve effectively knocking the overall back to about $15 - $20 Trillion do this for 15 years and by 2025 the nation will no longer have both an operating and overall debt.

Here's a fact for you, did you know the last year we did not have either and operating or overall debt was 1835!
edit on 25-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

do tell the 75 million americans who arent paying taxes get another free pass?

keep taking from people who arent on any social services?

man thats messed up and you know it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

dude you want to cut the deficit stop devaluing the dollar and stop spending.

if the value of the dollar right now double you would wipe out half of it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
reply to post by neo96

yup, unless your a government worker who will collect SS and a pension. then you probably wont be living in poverty. but for the rest of us, SS will be able to buy nothing more than weekly groceries to stock our room at the old folks home.

Well, when we are that desperate, then we will resemble the Chinese market you say we must emulate.

Jobs! Think of all the low paying jobs we will get!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It looks like the ATS Republicans-in-hiding are REALLY mad at the President for mentioning their former President.

I'd be embarrassed too.

link   

Originally posted by aorAki

reply to post by coldkidc

dude i am not responsible for you or any other american and it doesnt matter how big my bank account is.

I think this is the crux of it all....American selfishness and damned if I'm going to help anybody else...."lalalalala I can't hear you, I can't see the starving, the dying , the tired, the poor and the hungry, I will just content myself with consuming and complaining but I'm too lethargic to act and I don't care about those damned poor people anyway...hell, they should try some hard work for a change and look after themselves, after all they got themselves in this mess by being citizens of this country and not taking advantage of others, like the wealthy have...."

Geez, you Yanks crack me up

edit on 25-7-2011 by aorAki because:

The crux of it all is "you have more than me and that's not fair".You ask a rich person about his stuff and he'll say "I want to keep my stuff." Ask a person leeching entitlements and they say "I want his stuff." Who are Progressives going to listen to, the people that earned it or the people that want it?

/TOA

link   

reply to post by Janky Red

gee let me look up just how many conservative sole means of support is that monthly check as opposed as those hard welfare workers.

and how naive are people who think what they pay into ss even amounts to what they receive.

last time i heard the person pays little bit in around 6 percent and then some genius said lets make the employer mathc that with another 6 percent and then another genius ( the government ) decides who gets it and then steals it.

You guys are hypocrites, that is the point.

You lie endlessly and you pretend that you are saint-like.

There are a similar number of seniors conservative and liberal alike who depend on SS payments and Medicare.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by aorAki

and i think its selfish to keep stealing from people and never fix the problems that create over 100 million people getting government checks.

they dont create wealth they take others.

there is nothing stoping you from helping your fellow man.

but i take issue with that morality that puts a gun to my head and takes from me.

and thats what that does and its how it gets done it doesnt work any other way.

charity on the other hand works very much differently.
edit on 25-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

do tell the 75 million americans who arent paying taxes get another free pass?

keep taking from people who arent on any social services?

man thats messed up and you know it.

Indeed. All the corporate welfare cheats should be held to task.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

well, tell that to people like Angelina Jolie. maybe instead of adopting one child at a time, she could actually give some money to those villages if its such a huge issue.

the hardline dems talk a big game about giving and sharing, but then you dig around for they're charitable natures, and you cant find it.

why does it seem like the bible thumpers ( who seem to vote conservative ) hold food drives, and go on missions to other countries.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join