It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama attacks Bush admin. within first ten seconds of speech!!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Doing well huh?
How is that new Harmonzied tax going for you? No, I didn't make up that absurd term. It's Canadian for a combined "Provincial Sales Tax" and a national "Goods & Services Tax" a.k.a. value added tax. In Ontario, the HST is 13%. That's right, 13% on top of the cost of everything you pay for. It's a "consumption tax".

Please, PLEASE take him. I am sure there are some more of our moronic politicians we could send your way.

Its going great, as is our economy. The HST affected the aboriginals more then the average citizen. We already paid that tax as a PST and GST, now its been merged as the HST. As a matter of fact our taxes have declined the past 10 years. The HST was something we were not happy to receive but has very little affect on average Canadians. Other provinces had already done a similar thing in the past with great success.

Taxes are a way of life here, we have health care, welfare, disability, retirements, unemployment insurance, canadian pension plan, to name a few. Everyone here has dignity. Is it perfect? Nope. It is responsible though compared to most systems. Our citizens can live through their old age with pride and I see many, many, many do so throughout my years of living. Mostly thanks to the system we have and its regulations.

Can we complain? Sure we could. However, you won't hear a heck of a lot of it. We complain more about our military's needs then our own. Municipalities are also a gamble, some are good, some are horrible.

In the end though our economy speaks for itself. We have learned how to control our deficits even with great social needs being provided, we owe money as a nation but we are consistently regulating ours to ensure we don't default on debt we promised to pay.

You act like taxes are this horrible thing when its a fact of life. You wanna argue taxes then blame presidents who enacted those laws, not Obama. What is Obama doing that's so horrible? Please don't regurgitate a republican view that you have heard. Seems to me sharing the debt load among rich and poor and enacted regulations and regulating taxes is the only answer. Unless you try to make money out of nothing again, just like they did prior to the 2008 crash. Would make no sense to do so as your next generations will need to manage your problems, but thats something the US, and many countries including my own do.

You all have an opportunity for change here. It almost seems to me Obama was set up to fail to prove some kind of point about his election win. I'd delve deeper but it's a topic ATS would consider "too edgy".
edit on 26-7-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
People - please, our president is a Nobel Prize winner remember. What did he win it for? Regardless, I'm sure the ruling elite have a very good plan . . . like spending more money out of our pockets to pay for illegal immigrants to go to college.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm happy I got a bag of weed, The country is in great shape. Food prices may be a little high as well as oil, but you can by a bottle of vodka for 7.00 drink the whole think and tell me what the problem is. The problem isn't govt. the problem is humanity look deeper into the mind and maybe you will realize that politics are a from of slavery. ABolish the system, free man.
edit on 26-7-2011 by joeyboone because: mis spell

edit on 26-7-2011 by joeyboone because: to

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by Paote

your comparison is absurd. We arent talking moderately wealth people. We are talking those who have become BILLIONARES.

You may not be, but BO is going right after small business owners, with no intention of taxing the "real" rich, the ones that put him in his current position. Taxing at the $250,000 level will keep many small businesses from hiring anyone. Absurd, I don't think so.

Paota, quit confusing the issue with the facts. It's back to the re-education camp for you, smart guy!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Doing well huh?
How is that new Harmonzied tax going for you? No, I didn't make up that absurd term. It's Canadian for a combined "Provincial Sales Tax" and a national "Goods & Services Tax" a.k.a. value added tax. In Ontario, the HST is 13%. That's right, 13% on top of the cost of everything you pay for. It's a "consumption tax".

Please, PLEASE take him. I am sure there are some more of our moronic politicians we could send your way.

Its going great, as is our economy. The HST affected the aboriginals more then the average citizen. As a matter of fact our taxes have declined the past 10 years. The HST was something we were not happy to receive but has very little affect on average Canadians. Other provinces had already done a similar thing in the past with great success.

Taxes are a way of life here, we have health care, welfare, disability, retirements, unemployment insurance, canadian pension plan, to name a few. Everyone here has dignity. Is it perfect? Nope. It is responsible though compared to most systems. Our citizens can live through their old age with pride and I see many, many, many do so throughout my years of living. Mostly thanks to the system we have and its regulations.

Can we complain? Sure we could. However, you won't hear a heck of a lot of it. We complain more about our military's needs then our own. Municipalities are also a gamble, some are good, some are horrible.

In the end though our economy speaks for itself. We have learned how to control our deficits even with great social needs being provided, we owe money as a nation but we are consistently regulating ours to ensure we don't default on debt we promised to pay.

Wow!!
Ok. You are fine with higher taxes. Most here in America are not. Funny, as I really don't understand where Canadian's get the nerve to lecture others how to operate their country? Hmmm.
Dignity Huh?? You have dignity and hold your head high as your neighbor pays for your stuff? I guess self respect is high there too? You know, relying on every other Canadian to foot your bills.
I guess you are fine with that, more power to you. Pay more taxes, leech off one another. I could care less, as it is Canadian issues, not American.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Doing well huh?

Its going great, as is our economy. The HST affected the aboriginals more then the average citizen. We already paid that tax as a PST and GST, now its been merged as the HST. As a matter of fact our taxes have declined the past 10 years. The HST was something we were not happy to receive but has very little affect on average Canadians. Other provinces had already done a similar thing in the past with great success.

You act like taxes are this horrible thing when its a fact of life. You wanna argue taxes then blame presidents who enacted those laws, not Obama. What is Obama doing that's so horrible? Please don't regurgitate a republican view that you have heard. Seems to me sharing the debt load among rich and poor and enacted regulations and regulating taxes is the only answer. Unless you try to make money out of nothing again, just like they did prior to the 2008 crash. Would make no sense to do so as your next generations will need to manage your problems, but thats something the US, and many countries including my own do.

You all have an opportunity for change here. It almost seems to me Obama was set up to fail to prove some kind of point about his election win. I'd delve deeper but it's a topic ATS would consider "too edgy".

And yes, higher taxes are part of the problem. From Lord Obama to the local Govt. The Govt takes more, to give to others.
Obama has the US now in what, 4 conflicts around the world. No oil production of our own, higher debt to the Govt, real unemployment in the 11-14%, more people on Govt aid then in how many lifetimes.
But, I forgot, as your standard of living is of being dependent on the Govt.
Oh yeah, forgot, continuance of the Patriot act, growth of the TSA, Project Gun runner scandal and ever growing Govt.

Spare me the woes me crap for Obama. he was set up to fail? Really? Sure sure.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is funny. The Democrats had control of the House, Senate and White House for 2 years, and things got infinitely worse. And they still blame Bush? Wow!

Look, Bush WAS the worst president...then from January 20, 2009 to present, he's been surpassed like a log being passed by a jet. Obama got on the crazy train and hit the gas!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here are some numbers from the Congressional Budget Office...

Pulled from this site:

www.theatlantic.com...

Regardless of what you think of Obama's policies, he's just picking up where the last guy left off, so I think it probably safe to refer to the previous administration. The GOP can't allow Obama to do anything that looks good for fear that it would get him another 4 years in the white house. For that reason alone, I am ashamed of my party...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
Here are some numbers from the Congressional Budget Office...

Pulled from this site:

www.theatlantic.com...

Regardless of what you think of Obama's policies, he's just picking up where the last guy left off, so I think it probably safe to refer to the previous administration. The GOP can't allow Obama to do anything that looks good for fear that it would get him another 4 years in the white house. For that reason alone, I am ashamed of my party...

Oh come on. Yes, Bush was terrible. But, Obama is worse. Nothing like coming in promising one thing, then turning right around and blatantly doing another.
Regardless if Obama created or did not create, he has continued and compounded the problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You'd have a little bgit of credibility if you invested a tiny bit of thought in what you post on these forums.

You say "Obama has the US now in what, 4 conflicts around the world." Obama inherited that mess. To say it's his fault smacks of either ignorance or deliberate dishonesty. I'm no fan of Obama. But let's at least make a tiny effort to be accurate in o0ur statements about him. He isn't responsible for the Bush legacy.

Why do you say their "standard of living is of being dependent on the Govt"? They pay into their system through the HST. In return, they get services and their government doesn't waste the nations' resources pursuing activities that benefit only a tiny fraction of the populace. That isn't "being dependent on the government". That's getting value in return for the money you pay in. It would be nice if the US did something similar for its citizens instead of driving them deeper and deeper into a hole.

For now, I will take your post as nothing worse than a brainless rant, a "brain fart", as some would say. Please try to do better next time.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
You'd have a little bgit of credibility if you invested a tiny bit of thought in what you post on these forums.

You say "Obama has the US now in what, 4 conflicts around the world." Obama inherited that mess. To say it's his fault smacks of either ignorance or deliberate dishonesty. I'm no fan of Obama. But let's at least make a tiny effort to be accurate in o0ur statements about him. He isn't responsible for the Bush legacy.

Why do you say their "standard of living is of being dependent on the Govt"? They pay into their system through the HST. In return, they get services and their government doesn't waste the nations' resources pursuing activities that benefit only a tiny fraction of the populace. That isn't "being dependent on the government". That's getting value in return for the money you pay in. It would be nice if the US did something similar for its citizens instead of driving them deeper and deeper into a hole.

For now, I will take your post as nothing worse than a brainless rant, a "brain fart", as some would say. Please try to do better next time.

He could have and campaigned on ending the foreign wars.
All it required was for him to withdraw the military and/or the Democrat controlled Congress/House could have defunded the campaign. SO.......It is his war now.
Now, on to the dependent issue. You argue semantics.
And no, you are wrong. The citizen HAS to pay into the system. REQUIRED to by the Govt. They have no say.
So the Canadian Govt does not waste in providing this?? Are you sure??

edit on 26-7-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wow just wow.

It has been 19 pages and the same battle still rages.

Democrats this, republicans that.

Get over it already. Is everyone so blind as to not see that both sides are worthless and none of them care for our well being?

All along the real problems keep moving along people are fighting over which side is right and which is to blame. Both are to blame. Both gave up on society years ago. Both care for nothing but their own hunger for our money. We have become their slaves and are being force fed poo.

Yay, for human stupidity that keeps the greed machine running.

Seriously I give up. If even those on ATS (some of the brighter minds in the world) cannot see the truth past their own pride then it is pointless to try and fight. Stop backing the lesser of two evils and instead demand better choices.

Both sides have failed America and the Constitution.

As long as we fight over the stupid stuff such as whose party is best they have won.

Sickening, just sickening.

Anyway back to the pointless battle of who is champion.

Raist

edit on 7/26/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Wow just wow.

It has been 19 pages and the same battle still rages.

Democrats this, republicans that.

Get over it already. Is everyone so blind as to not see that both sides are worthless and none of them care for our well being?

All along the real problems keep moving along people are fighting over which side is right and which is to blame. Both are to blame. Both gave up on society years ago. Both care for nothing but their own hunger for our money. We have become their slaves and are being force fed poo.

Yay, for human stupidity that keeps the greed machine running.

Seriously I give up. If even those on ATS (some of the brighter minds in the world) cannot see the truth past their own pride then it is pointless to try and fight. Stop backing the lesser of two evils and instead demand better choices.

Both sides have failed America and the Constitution.

As long as we fight over the stupid stuff such as whose party is best they have won.

Sickening, just sickening.

Anyway back to the pointless battle of who is champion.

Raist

edit on 7/26/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

I agree with the OP. The Tea Party Congressional members elected in 2010 were voted into office because they support the Constitution and the principles of our founders. Can we pick up momentum in 2012? Sometimes people have to hit the bottom of the barrel before they are enlightened. I hope it isn't too late. I still have hope.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ontarff

The only ones to thank and blame for all of this is the loyalists.

Those who refuse to see past parties and look at the real issues.

Most votes are based on issues that are not even important. Most vote on the most physically attractive, the one most like them (race, religion), or just by party only.

I believe my faith in the human race is beyond repair.

Raist

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

And what, exactly is wrong with "class warfare"? it only seems to be an issue when either the poor speak up, or someone stands up for them.

Or is this like the BS about "playing the race card" where the haves chastize the have-nots for speaking up about the conditions caused by the ruling castes?

How dare the plebs notice!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Doing well huh?

Its going great, as is our economy. The HST affected the aboriginals more then the average citizen. As a matter of fact our taxes have declined the past 10 years. The HST was something we were not happy to receive but has very little affect on average Canadians. Other provinces had already done a similar thing in the past with great success.

Wow!!
Ok. You are fine with higher taxes. Most here in America are not. Funny, as I really don't understand where Canadian's get the nerve to lecture others how to operate their country? Hmmm.
Dignity Huh?? You have dignity and hold your head high as your neighbor pays for your stuff? I guess self respect is high there too? You know, relying on every other Canadian to foot your bills.
I guess you are fine with that, more power to you. Pay more taxes, leech off one another. I could care less, as it is Canadian issues, not American.

no need to get hostile... the fact is we ALL must realize that it's no longer about just us... we are really gonna have to start getting over the spoiled child mentality and start realizing that if we don't come together soon (and even if we do).. we might not have a planet to live on in the near future.. I'm not sure what the hell is going to hit us... but the truth and the facts are all over the place... EVERYTHING has it's breaking point

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
OMG I hate this President. "lets work together, republicans are horrible and i'm amazing" pretty much sums up his speech.

It's almost funny but some people just gobble his stuff up. There are still people who never even heard of George Soros and don't know what he's doing to trash our economy and bring a One World Socialist govt.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFoxOr is this like the BS about "playing the race card" where the haves chastize the have-nots for speaking up about the conditions caused by the ruling castes?

"Sharpton's Law: The first person to cry "RACISM" has just conceded having no other cogent argument."

WalkingRaceCard - I've been expecting you to jump in...where have you been Obama is under attack?

As for the topic - My question is...what does this thread have to do with race?

Answer seems to be - nothing.

However, predictably here you are.

You are not using it this time to directly defend Obama as usual but this time you are defending the use of the RACE CARD itself.

Bravo! - the ole switcheroo

Are there some real instances of racism? Sure they are - unfortuneatly you will never have the ability to point them out with any credabilty IMO. Like the boy who cried wolf, your use of the RACE CARD and now the defence of its use have ceaced to mean anything to anyone.

If I might suggest you could just put a nice graphic of the race card in your signature and be done with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

The question was, why the derision for "class warfare" and why it's only an issue when somebody swings for the poor. I followed up with a question of whether it's related to the derision for "playing the race card" - whether it's simply a case of the haves getting pissed that the have-nots are noticing what's going on.

I love that simply using the term sends you into an immediate, frothing rage of defensive sputtering though.
edit on 26/7/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What exactly is the problem with the wealthiest of the wealthy to give up their Bush tax cuts? Are we really concerned that if they do that they will find themselves in a situation where their profits are so low, their lifestyles so impacted, that they have no choice but to cut jobs, or else they can't afford that sixth mansion that they had grown so fond of.

While the poor people are expected to sacrifice their lives when country calls upon them, working class losing their jobs when greed and corruption destroy the economy, civilians sacrificing their liberties when country says its necessary, and asking families to start pinching pennies, limiting their showers to 5 mins... is there anything the wealthy ever have to sacrifice for their country? Anything at all?

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join