It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

270,000 organic farmers to sue Monsanto

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by mr-lizard

And if anyone knows the names, brands & trademarks Monsanto has under their corporate banner, please also share that - so we may be quite sure to spend our 'dollar votes' on Other brands!

Here are some genetically UNMODIFIED HEIRLOOM BRANDS:

www.seedsavers.org...

Found this
MONSANTO BRANDS: www.monsanto.com...
www.monsantovegetableseeds.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
That's great news! But for the rest of us starving people, as long as it looks like food and taste like food, I don't see what is the problem.

It is utterly astonishing that you signed up for a site like this and made a statement like that. People like you and who think like you are the very reason so much in this world has went down the tubes. The reason people are starving is purely due to greed and politics. If you want proof just ask a couple grocery stores near you how much food they throw out instead of feeding the hungry. I hope that one day you, and people like you, will wake up and understand that you cant be shallow on subjects that affect your life nor can you leave it in the hands of "the powerful" because they will make the wrong decision for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
On the note of Monsanto....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I agree with those against Monsanto pushing their 'Frankenfoods' ... so thanks for this Thread.

I've recently posted many comments on the, "Monsanto Official beaten by Indian farmers over BT Cotton" Thread, (sorry in a rush and don't have the Link), so enough said on the topic of the Monsanto crime family for me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Power is in numbers

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Everyone needs to do their part in supporting these small food growers who are committed to growing quality food (organic, heirloom, etc.). It's not just in the courtroom that this battle is taking place. Perhaps the most critical area is food regulations. With their significant financial resources and lobbying power, companies like Monsanto can influence government regulations that put small food producers out of business. Here are some things we all can and should be doing:
1. Support local organic farmers as much as possible.
2. Write letters and emails to our congressional representatives and senators letting them know that we support organic farmers and oppose the heavy-handed tactics of companies such as Monsanto. Let them know that your vote depends on their action regarding these issues.
3. Become a "questioning consumer." When you go to a restaurant, ask the manager if they are using organic, locally produced food in the dishes they are serving you. Ask them if there are any GMO products in their menu items. When you go to the grocery store, ask the store manager about how much they source from local organic farmers. Tell them you are opposed to GMO products and ask that they show you how to avoid purchasing any GMO products in their store. If everyone started doing this, the impact would be very significant. No one responds quicker to consumer sentiment than the direct retailer and restaurant manager. And when they adjust their sourcing accordingly, there will be solid demand for the local organic farmer and companies like Monsanto will go out of business.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
DON'T CAST A VOTE FOR MONSANTO!

Every time a purchase is made, it's casting a vote for that product ... regardless if the food is purchased at a grocery store or a restaurant ... it's supporting the product.

Monsanto would already be out-of-business if everyone refused to buy any of their products.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
nhne-pulse.org...

More than 270,000 organic farmers are taking on corporate agriculture giant Monsanto in a lawsuit filed March 30. Led by the Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association, the family farmers are fighting for the right to keep a portion of the world food supply organic — and preemptively protecting themselves from accusations of stealing genetically modified seeds that drift on to their pristine crop fields.

Consumers are powerful. For more than a decade, a cultural shift has seen shoppers renounce the faster-fatter-bigger-cheaper mindset of factory farms, exposéd in the 2008 documentary Food, Inc. From heirloom tomatoes to heritage chickens, we want our food slow, sustainable, and local — healthy for the earth, healthy for animals, and healthy for our bodies.

I for one am very impressed. Seems like the humble folk, the farmers and consumer are rising against the corrupt at Monsanto.

This news has made my night. Good work people.

Beautiful.

Related threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually it goes WAY DEEPER - I watched one of the investigative reports a few years ago and they were talking to aboriginal tribes all over the world - the topic was these tribes have kept there original seed strain over many, many generations and now they are being contaminated with genetic strains produced by " " mentioned in your post.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yes! and reading your post a thought came to mind, they should have Monsanto PROVE they did not deliberately scatter seeds, thus infringing them on the farmers land themselves (Monsanto that is)

And it could be argued that those GMO seeds contaminated the organic crops, and the farmers should sue for reckless biological damage.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Turnabout is fair play?
It who lives by the sword will die by it?
Intelligence eventually trumps such despicable debauchery anyway.

A friend sent a surprising quote to me today. It may be relevant.

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
--Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Funny, Eisenhower pretty much said the same thing. 1961

ZG

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I just remembered.

If anyone doubts Haiti farmers aren't smarter than Monsanto scientists, remember when Haiti was in its greatest need after the devastation, and Monsanto's attempt to "give" tons of seed for free?

It was really a genetic engineered Trojan Horse.

Haiti Refuses Monsanto Seed Donation

I think we can safely use the word, "Evil" now.

ZG

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

If you use google, you should get all you want. Even a lot of television news stations covered it. That's how I first learned of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There is no chance that us lowly humans, who rape and pillage our precious Mother enough already, can improve upon years of patient evolution by cramming half known science into un-natural seeds to feed an ever growing unchecked populace " because we can ". The fact that they have gone this long unchecked and unchallenged is as terrible as their actions.

Good vibes to the farmers for taking the way of honor!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Although I am hesitant to be optimistic about this being fixable within the currently broken system, I am so proud of these farmers. If there were any justice, Monsanto corporation would be dismantled and the executives would be tried for crimes against humanity.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Great to see.. but Monsanto will crush them all.

Only with that attitude. People know what they are doing. We won't let this continue.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by LargeFries

And if anyone knows the names, brands & trademarks Monsanto has under their corporate banner, please also share that - so we may be quite sure to spend our 'dollar votes' on Other brands!

Here are some genetically UNMODIFIED HEIRLOOM BRANDS:

www.seedsavers.org...

Found this
MONSANTO BRANDS: www.monsanto.com...
www.monsantovegetableseeds.com...

Wow. Who would've thought that they had so many seed brands, it is a sad ploy to confuse the farmers and consumers.(which are actually one and the same) Boycott all of these brands. Grow your own!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I've heard of Monsanto doing this in my area. They will come in and if their gmc pollinates a small farmers crop they sieze his crop. They have been doing this to take over all the small farms in the area they steal the farmer crops and bankrupt them in lawsuits then steal their land. Makes me sick. I hope they win and get a lot of moeny!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Wooh, best of luck to the organic farmers, hopefully this will put an end to monsanto for good.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ASilentWitness

I've heard of Monsanto doing this in my area. They will come in and if their gmc pollinates a small farmers crop they sieze his crop. They have been doing this to take over all the small farms in the area they steal the farmer crops and bankrupt them in lawsuits then steal their land. Makes me sick. I hope they win and get a lot of moeny!

That makes me sick, putting more honest people who live off their land and try to put real food in the hands of the public being ruined. I would hope they hear about this and join the lawsuit.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What they are saying is they are using their own seed. Then the modified seed from Monsanto drifts in and mixes with their plants. Then Monsanto comes in and sues them for copyright infringement. That is what they want to change. Understand?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join