It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

270,000 organic farmers to sue Monsanto

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+127 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
nhne-pulse.org...

More than 270,000 organic farmers are taking on corporate agriculture giant Monsanto in a lawsuit filed March 30. Led by the Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association, the family farmers are fighting for the right to keep a portion of the world food supply organic — and preemptively protecting themselves from accusations of stealing genetically modified seeds that drift on to their pristine crop fields.

Consumers are powerful. For more than a decade, a cultural shift has seen shoppers renounce the faster-fatter-bigger-cheaper mindset of factory farms, exposéd in the 2008 documentary Food, Inc. From heirloom tomatoes to heritage chickens, we want our food slow, sustainable, and local — healthy for the earth, healthy for animals, and healthy for our bodies.

I for one am very impressed. Seems like the humble folk, the farmers and consumer are rising against the corrupt at Monsanto.

This news has made my night. Good work people.

Beautiful.

Related threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Doing the Happy Happy Joy Joy DANCE

My hope is that Monsanto would literally disappear off of this planet and go mutate somewhere with their monster GMOS!!!!

Its time dear citizens to rise against the powers that think they can control our earths food resources!! Kill the Monster that IS MONSANTO!

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Looks like people are my friend.

India are sick of them, Germany and Hungary have started rebelling against them, and anonymous have access to their data.

Work in progress methinks.

Good work I say, let's wish these farmers a lot of luck

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Schweet! It seems the farmers should also be able to sue Monsanto on the same grounds, for having their crops infringed on by gmo sterilized crops! Wouldn't the pollination of the farmers crops be an infringement? Especially if it affected their normal crops?

Peace,
spec
edit on 25-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Excellent news, excellent OP. Very much enjoyed reading that, and love the addition of related threads - I wish everyone did that (self included). S&F and one to watch.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Here is the link to the group in the lawsuit!! Im sure they could use some donations!!!

www.osgata.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

Excellent news, excellent OP. Very much enjoyed reading that, and love the addition of related threads - I wish everyone did that (self included). S&F and one to watch.

Well it's an advised part of the breaking news section, but I've started doing it with most threads I start, since it helps people locate information. Information is power.

Also more info:

www.spiegel.de...

www.naturalnews.com...

www.vanityfair.com...

These links range from 2009 - 2011.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Great to see.. but Monsanto will crush them all.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I support this action 100%

Next up is to crash George Soros's Quantum Fund which owns 20% of this company

LulSec/ Anon where art thou?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
That's great news! But for the rest of us starving people, as long as it looks like food and taste like food, I don't see what is the problem.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
That's great news! But for the rest of us starving people, as long as it looks like food and taste like food, I don't see what is the problem.

Your mentality is exactly why I have no hope for humanity.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Here's solution for that problem GROW your own garden and eat your own home grown food and share it with the community.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
270,000...awesome start...

Now if the rest of the consumers get off their backsides...
Monsanto just may begin to understand that their greed and games means nothing to us.

We the People will just start not buying their Franken food...thanks for letting us know it has begun.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
good i hope monsanto, archer daniel midlands, bayer, etc all burn

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
My biggest worry for this is that the Supreme Court has been slowly stripping away rights for class-action lawsuits. Someday this sort of legal action may very well be unavailable to the American people. What can we do about that?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

What astonishes me is that Goverments keep on giving the green light to Monsanto to carry out their atrocities! So I hardly believe 270,000 farmers can make a vile and evil corporation bankrupt when they have vast political support...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's just a shame they don't get a few billion lawsuits from the people they are poisoning, or for poisoning our planet with their Frankenstein plants..

I hate that company more than any, by a bloody mile!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is great news and good luck to them, I am just starting in the organic and self sustainable industry and straight of the bat our biggest issues come from these types of corporations.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If this actually goes through to court, I will donate money!!!

They need all the help they can get going against a Goliath like Monsanto. They ruin people, businesses, farms, and the environment!! Monsanto has a strong legal team and the resources to get away with it!

They not only produce GMO food and dangerous poisons/herbicides/insecticides but also pollute the water of the local communities they operate in. This cannot stand any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

I bet I can make rat poison look and taste like food to would you eat that? Monsanto puts different kinds of poisons in their products called 'preservatives' and whats cheaper than organically growing your own food, o yeah nothing. I hope these farmers take down this corporate scammer and hopefully that opens the door for the rest of them corporate giants to follow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join