It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Prankster Sends SWAT Team to Cyberbullying Expert's House

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

She certainly doesn't mind making a fortune branding herself as an Internet Safety Czar.

She is the only expert in the field of cybercrime, abuse management and best practices that can go from privacy laws, to Facebook cyberbullying, to sexting, to scams against senior citizens online to computer games and filters and back again.

And to top off the inflated ego boost on her website, she still posts:

Her events are varied and reflect her passion and expertise.

Dear god, please give your passion back to Mel Gibson and relax a little. Please.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Used to be, but not under this name - strangely someone on that forum is using my name. Which makes things confusing. I just noticed the DOMO thing, which I think originated from there

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Haha, imagine if she was home. Tear gassed and stormed by a SWAT team all based on one anonymous call that provided zero proof. Who is really at fault here? It seems like there should be a better procedure for dealing with such calls.
edit on 25-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Seriously? What were the cops supposed to do? Ignore the situation? The only person to blame is the prankster. Perhaps they overreacted by shooting in tear gas but I'm fairly certain they followed protocol. Only knee jerk thing I see is your reaction to the police. Also, kisses because that last sentence sounded like I was mad.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is amazing and epic on so many levels

Aftab is a hypocrit anyway (like most all activists), she uses cyberbullying herself to get her way on the internet, just looked up the Katie.com charade she was involved in.

I love that people are beginning to take no crap anymore and beginning to fight back with out of the box ways, it's a revolution people!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ignore the situation?
I didn't say they should ignore it, I said there should be a better procedure for dealing with calls like that. Like maybe use infrared imaging to check if anyone is even in the house and if they have hostages.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I actually intended to reply to someone on the first page and not you. Thermal imaging would be good idea. There should be a way to tell if someone is actually there.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Like others have pointed out, the SWAT team didn't analyze the situation and went in guns a-blazing. A simple knock at the neighbors door to ask if they heard anything or even calling the house to discuss the situation should have happened.

This is the reason so many people and getting killed by cops, they are being trained for urban warfare, not keepers of the peace.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I read the story about Jessi Slaughter and watched all them videos, even the one where the dad is screaming into the webcam.

IMHO on that part of this story, all dad had to do was have a spine and pull the damn plug to the computer. I have had to do that several times in the past. Some kids become addicted to the internet and they can get really crazy so, pull the plug for a few days and let them come back to reality.

4Chan is not my cup of tea, but it is a place that kids of this culture can go to, to discuss things that they are interested in and I would rather see them sitting in front of a computer screen learning code or playing games than out running the streets getting into god knows what kind of trouble.

Maybe this lady needs to re-evaluate her motives instead of trying to take something good away from our future generations.

On the otherhand, the internet just might be the new "streets" and "4chan" a new age gansta mob...and Lulz and Anon and,..ect,...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by generik

i have nearly had my life ruined by a couple of people who said i had uttered death threats against them, when all they really wanted was to remove me from a situation due to a mutual dislike for each other. statements should never form a basis for any police type operation, only SOLID PROOF should be given ANY CONSIDERATION.

This is why the constitution has specific clauses on the restriction of the States authority to enter, detain, or confiscate without due process. You know. Things like more than one eye witness, review by a judge, public hearings. The imaginary stuff this country no longer honors.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Most arrogant ******* like Aftab deserve a good swatting.

edit on 25-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by mr-lizard

Funny? - Yes

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7301df1e7010.png[/atsimg]

Someone photoshop a SWAT truck out the window PLEASE!

I think that necklace that she always wears is the source of her powers. She wears it EVERYWHERE We should destroy it.

Necklace reminds me of Saurons eye.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

That necklace reminds me of a large dinner plate that has been licked clean with a hole that she Gnawed thru.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Internet Prankster Sends SWAT Team to Cyberbullying Expert's House

gawker.com

Among the many, many people who irk the "anarchic" message board 4chan, cyberbullying expert Parry Aftab is one of the most consistently despised. So it's not surprising that an anonymous internet denizen sent a SWAT team to her New Jersey home this weekend.

Some 30 police officers, including members of a SWAT team, surrounded Aftab's house this Saturday after receiving a call from an unknown man claiming that he had killed four people at the home and had another hostage, according to NJ.com. The guy demanded $10,000 and a police car. Police shot tear gas through the window, but when they e
(visit the link for the full news article)

What does that mean?

Can someone fill me in?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentNoise

I didn't read anything in the article to indicate they didn't contact neighbors or try calling the house. Nobody was home, save for a pet cat. It's not that rare in a hostage situation for the hostage taker to not stay in contact with police or fail to respond. Lets not all hop on the bad cop bandwagon until we get more facts. With the limited amount of information, the cops may have employed quite a deal of restraint. We don't know yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. lol

I was looking at her monitor and are those the plugs sitting behind her monitor? Its not even plugged in is it? prop?

What would be funny is if you placed a swat member or police officer peering into her window.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I wonder what excuse swat would have used if she had been home and they shot her? She shouldn't have pointed that stapler at them it looked like a gun. She reached for that gun phone. The cat jumped on an officer and he accidentally pulled the trigger so his buddies joined in making sure she was good and dead. Ditto, but cat knocked over lamp and bulb exploded.

Swat, modern day Keystone Kops with bad attitudes and soldier's toys.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I wonder what excuse swat would have used if she had been home and they shot her?

I'm surprised they didn't mistake her necklace for a deadly weapon, to be honest.

edit on 25-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

I am really hoping someone with a bit of photoshop skills pops into this thread and entertains us with pictures! I would love to see a SWAT member peeking around the window too.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

reply to post by mustangill

I am really hoping someone with a bit of photoshop skills pops into this thread and entertains us with pictures! I would love to see a SWAT member peeking around the window too.

I did a dozen Google searches and came up with nothing. I think internet censorship is already here. I figured this would've been a meme by now....

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

We need to churn out some more ATS memes. I loved 'I am a scientist'! Don't make me go to bad boards for my photoshopping ATS! I will if I have to though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join