It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Obama endorses Senate Democratic plan on debt ceiling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Link 1
Link 2

President Barack Obama is scheduled to deliver remarks on the state of the negotiations at 9 p.m. ET, according to White House press secretary Jay Carney.

This is very bad
this plan wont solve anything, it will just hurt the american public and the classes.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
At least Reid's plan doesn't involve cuts to medicare or SS, but does include cuts to defense spending. At least we're getting somewhere in that regard. And no tax increases.

Boehner's proposal is pretty vague, tax reform and "entitlement" changes? Don't like the sound of that coming from the tan man.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
& the tea party has just recently wholeheartedly rejected Boehnors latest plan. the Democratic Senate plan will just have to do for now. if nothing else it will buy the American people some time. & with that time we can work our collective butts off to throw this tea party & it's minions / followers back into the bowels of hell. or we can get them tossed out of elected office.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

This debt bill will hurt more on the america people, i am not sure why you two are defending the debt ceiling deal

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sorry double post.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Impeach Obama and put Ron Paul in office. He will have this problem fixed in a day.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Is there a transcript of the presidents 9PM speech out yet?
second

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
Is there a transcript of the presidents 9PM speech out yet?
second

Yeah, its the first paragraph of a Reagan speech, the second paragraph of an FDR speech, and a closing paragraph from JFK's eulogy. Obama = fraud.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

This debt bill will hurt more on the america people, i am not sure why you two are defending the dent ceiling deal

It's been raised multiple times under other current presidents and yet not a peep was heard from virtually anyone.

History has actually shown that when the government spends in times of economic trouble in America it helps to stimulate the economy. Spending helps to create more jobs, which in turn gives more people more disposable income, which in turn helps the economy. When the government cuts spending, people lose their jobs and the economy continues to stagnate. I know all the anti-government people on here don't want to hear that, but there is at least some truth to it.

I agree that spending cuts need to be made in certain areas, specifically the huge defense budget and anything related to that and on further tax cuts for the wealthy. End the Bush tax cut for the top 2%. That tax cut is not helping anyone except for the very few at the top.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

are you freakin kidding me

cutting defense and leaving entitlement programs alone

of course obama would endorse reids program.

i am so peaved right now.

there are over 100 million people on the government dime this will solve nothing and increasing the debt limit by an addition 2,4 trillion

edit on 25-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

History has actually shown that when the government spends in times of economic
trouble in America it helps to stimulate the economy. Spending helps to create more jobs, which in turn gives more people more disposable income, which in turn helps the economy. When the government cuts spending, people lose their jobs and the economy continues to stagnate. I know all the anti-government people on here don't want to hear that, but there is at least some truth to it.

Actually no it doesn't spending doesn't help to create more jobs.

which in turn gives more people more disposable income, which in turn helps the economy

Oh yes more disposable income for the wealthy.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
What I find funny about most people on here, in the media, and Congress. Not one person is talking about the most important part of either of these bills along with most budget bills.

Let's see they will save $trillions over how many years and don't take effect right away but years down the road. Just like the healthcare bill that is sucking almost $900billion out of the budget this year only to be implemented when?

Unless they start the cuts right now this year instead of a couple years down the road so they don't really have to deal with any of this now. Then a couple years down the road things will change and then for some reason they couldn't possibly cut that.

Neither bill put forth by Congress is going to do anything to help the budget unless they cut spending right now and they don't!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Oh good job Barry.... Did you even apply Neosporin before attempting to place this bandaid over the problem!? Out of site out of mind right? Raise the debt ceiling 2.4 trillion! That's adding to the problem not solving it!
#, I can call In and raise my credit limit everytime I come close to maxing out... That's not going to change the fact that I am only making the minimum payments....

This patch Adams stuff is not going to solve the issue at hand. Why is this great nation run by a bunch of morons!?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The Reid bill is a joke. The bulk of the 'savings' are imaginary...winding down the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (projected costs are already factored into the existing deficit and any additional costs would need separate congressional approval) and saying that it completely capitulates to the Republicans, which it certainly does not. Reid's savings are a bit like me saying 'Hey look...I saved a hundred billion dollars over the next 10 years by not turning my house into a spaceship and flying to the moon."

Secondly, even at the $4 trillion mark, the highest amount proposed during this entire 'debate,' we would STILL run a significant deficit throughout the next decade. NONE of these plans accomplish much of anything. The Tea Party GOP isn't going to pass Reid's toilet paper bill, and the Dems aren't going to pass Cut, Cap, and Rape, so what we have here, folks, is a failure to communicate that will very likely lead to a default. Furthermore, Obama isn't going to sign anything that allows the debt ceiling to be a debate during the election cycle...for the simple fact that it alone would very likely cost him the election. He knows that. He's a climber...an opportunist (and I voted for the guy)....and people like him will go all in and damn the torpedoes on something like this. All three branches are living in completely different galaxies, and that's very, very bad for the American people.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I guess it depends on where the government spends it. GM, for example, was saved because of the government bailout of it. Around 1 million jobs were saved and I'm pretty sure it's been paid back.

The Bush tax cut for the top 2% simply needs to end, there's no logical reason for it to continue to exist right now, considering the state of the country. I'd take the trillions in revenue from that and invest it back into the country, which would include jobs to people that are unemployed, ie, invest it in much needed infrastructure and other areas. That tax cut hasn't created jobs and it's just being hoarded right now and not put back into the economy. It's been a disaster considering politicians are talking about making cuts into medicare and SS.

I hate to be divisive, but the tea party and the politicians elected by them are really screwing the country right now. Absolutely no compromise, even though Obama is bending over backwards for the Republicans right now.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism

I guess it depends on where the government spends it. GM, for example, was saved because of the government bailout of it. Around 1 million jobs were saved and I'm pretty sure it's been paid back.

The Bush tax cut for the top 2% simply needs to end, there's no logical reason for it to continue to exist right now, considering the state of the country. I'd take the trillions in revenue from that and invest it back into the country, which would include jobs to people that are unemployed, ie, invest it in much needed infrastructure and other areas. That tax cut hasn't created jobs and it's just being hoarded right now and not put back into the economy. It's been a disaster considering politicians are talking about making cuts into medicare and SS.

I hate to be divisive, but the tea party and the politicians elected by them are really screwing the country right now. Absolutely no compromise, even though Obama is bending over backwards for the Republicans right now.

Oh the evil rich people, give me a f0cking break. What about the bottom 40% who don't pay taxes but account for just about all of welfare spending? Why do you want people who are already paying taxes to pay more and dismiss the other 40% who don't pay any taxes at all? Obama isn't bending over backwards to anyone, he is the one who added 5 trillion to our national debt and wants to continue spending more. Only morons are in favor of raising the debt limit. Medicare and SS NEED to be cut just like defense, if people don't plan for the future that's their own fault ad should suffer the consequences.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
What about the bottom 40% who don't pay taxes but account for just about all of welfare spending?

I should cut and paste an automatic post to replies like this. I've heard this same exact incorrect and misleading response so many times I've lost count.

- Those "bottom 40%" still pay taxes.
- Those "bottom 40%" simply do not make enough money to qualify for INCOME taxes. How messed up is that? They have jobs that pay so little that they don't even qualify for income taxes.

Never called the rich evil. Our priorities are pretty messed up when we're talking about medicare and SS cuts but not ending what was supposed to be a temporary tax cut on the top 2%. A tax cut that hasn't helped anyone except a very small amount of people to accumulate even more wealth.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

are you freakin kidding me

cutting defense and leaving entitlement programs alone

of course obama would endorse reids program.

i am so peaved right now.

there are over 100 million people on the government dime this will solve nothing and increasing the debt limit by an addition 2,4 trillion

edit on 25-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Liar

Liar

Masks on fire

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I believe we are watching the final impact that QE1 and QE2 were designed to do. Lessen the fallout. The markets would have and should have crashed if we did not bail them out. The Citizens did not benefit from it, the banks,states, and companies did receive the most.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
WTF is it that you people want?

YOU WANT TO SELL OUT THE ELDERLY???? THE SICK??? THE POOR????

For what? So a billionaire can add another damned zero to his bank account which does absolutely nothing...including creating NO JOBS????????

Everything they have put forth is in favor to billionaires and corporations over the middle class and poor....EVERY SINGLE THING.

And here you all are...begging and crying for it.

WE THE PEOPLE MY ASS!!!!!!!

It's I FOR ME in this frickin country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join