It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

earths immune system and gmo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
for those who dont remember i came uo with this theory about how the earths immune system may work
to refresh your memory and show heres the link
www.abovetopsecret.com...
well heres some food for thought on this theory. We may have the chance to see it in action now. Gmo plants are when you think about it like a virus. Monsanto(and other companies) modify a plant(virus infiltrates a host cell) then the produce sees and send them out(virus reproduces and sends out its offspring) the plants than esthablish themselves(virus establishes itself) the plants can then send their gmo seeds out to other plants infecting them(virus infects healthy cells).
so this gmo would be like a virus to a living earth, so the immune system might try to react to this
and it may be pollenating aniamls such as bees and butterlys have been disapearing, these are essential for the pollenation of plants, so maybe this is an immune response to help extirminate the gmo virus, another sign of ths we may see soon is a new type of insect that thrives on gmo.
so what do you think, does earths immune system hold up and if so would we see it trying to attack gmo

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

There is already a fungus that lives on gmo food .

GM plants don't produce seeds though (some, most, or all i'm not sure) so that the farmer has to buy more each year.

if they still produce pollen and infect a regular plant...i don't know what would happen. Hopefully mother nature would sluff off the bad dna after a few generations

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
We are the immune system, but we have grown into auto-immune disease (~ arthritis).
We are the body, but we have grown fat with tumors (~ cancer).

We should be gracious instead of arrogant.
We should be wise instead of ignorant.
Pride is decay and Chaos is decay.

Why do so few understand that our progress is spiritual life risen up from the dirt?
---
Synthetic food is not offensive in principal, but knowledge without wisdom is destruction just as growth without health is also.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

that is what happens is the gmo pollen blows in to infect other plants, and before terminator sees they would continue to produce, but i think if somethings not done soon, the whole world will be infected

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
just like i thought, i didsome looking and theyve already found something immune to gmo cotton. This is just going to keep happening, and from what ive heard, gmo plants lack complete diversity so if pest continue to spring up like this its gone where as natural plants will have some that can adapt against them, is this just adaptation or the beging signs of earths immune system kicking in to remove the virus of gmo.
www.independent.co.uk...
naturaly though if gmo is a virus to a livng earth than it will adapt aginast the immune system aka the pests, until eventualy one looses

top topics

join