It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason I created an ATS account is for some advice on enlisting in the US Navy...�

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i know there are tons ov conspiracists out there who are going to give me the light ov day on this one, nevertheless, I am at one ov those points in my life where this is the bottom ov the pit...bills are all behind, job laid me off without unemployment, car broke down, and I'm getting behind on 3 child supports here. I came down to the conclusion that either way I'm screwed on child support with my military pay, but as long as I don't get put in jail, I don't care. As long as there's always a job in the military I think I'll be okay. So my questions are, is the timing good, is the long run good, anything I should know??

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 25-7-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrChaos999
i know there are tons ov conspiracists out there who are going to give me the light ov day on this one, nevertheless, I am at one ov those points in my life where this is the bottom ov the pit...bills are all behind, job laid me off without unemployment, car broke down, and I'm getting behind on 3 child supports here. I came down to the conclusion that either way I'm screwed on child support with my military pay, but as long as I don't get put in jail, I don't care. As long as there's always a job in the military I think I'll be okay. So my questions are, is the timing good, is the long run good, anything I should know??

just become a firefighter or something, don't aid the military machine.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

i would if i had the time for the EMT schooling...i dont really have much else to do, i just cant sit around and wait for school to be over..i need things to keep rolling

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrChaos999

Just declare bankruptcy. You wont go to prison.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
By all means, let Darwinism do it's duty as you want to do yours for the Rockefellers and Rothschilds..... insert 100+ stars here from everyone who agrees and knows better.

OF - not OV, if your spelling is that of a foot, then maybe you are better off being a pawn who's legs will be scattered all over some dirt road overseas.... enjoy, and have fun with that.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

That is all very unfortunate that this all happened to you. My only advise to you is to differentiate the words "of" and "ov" before taking any sort of aptitude test. Good Luck.
edit on 25-7-2011 by DeVIAS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It is a bad situation. The Navy may be your best option. I did the navy for a few years, but I served most of that time under Reagan. Those were much better times than now. If you do join you need a plan. What do you want to do with your life? Do you want to be an emt/firefighter? Do you want to be an RN? Want to work with explosives or heavy equipment? Want to be an electrician or a mechanic? The military can just be a tool for you to use to better your life. So, think past your enlistment and choose a field that will do something for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It's a good thing to join the military and serve your country so don't listen to all these people telling you the military is evil because it isn't. There are many good opportunity's for you there.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I know its a sense of pride to defend ones country but when you have Big Corporations to profit from war and Corrupt Politicians giving them war against the interests of the people, you have to look from both sides of the fence.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Just give it a lot of thought before you make a decision. It is a big decision to make.

If you do decide to enlist than make very careful decisions about your rating and your first orders. Be sure you get the job you want, study tirelessly for the ASVAB, be sure you sign up for the G.I. bill, go to college while enlisted, and take everything your recruiter says with a grain of salt.

Oh and get an airman rating, aircraft carriers are awesome!

edit on 25-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2011 by megabytz because: I take it back, I would enlist again.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

yeah, when you join. Make sure you really want to, because you, WILL GO TO IRAN.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I would go with the National Guard if I were you. They have quite a few high paying jobs that require no experience, only the 10 week boot camp, and most of the time it's local. Just don't let them brain wash ya.

Back when I was laid off and out of work. I did the common cutting grass job. After about just one week of looking for clients, I was pulling in around $200 a week. It's not much, but not bad and it's cash in your hand that day.
So while your deciding, I would find little jobs like that till then.

.. plus you can always do more damage from within

link   

Originally posted by kro32
It's a good thing to join the military and serve your country so don't listen to all these people telling you the military is evil because it isn't. There are many good opportunity's for you there.

Are you seriously a member here? Are you blind or deaf/dumb/& blind? The people in the military aren't all bad, mostly dumb animals as Henry Kissinger says, but it's the "just following orders" mentality that will be your down fall in the military. Macho pride ego... they love it, and so do military graveyards.
Ask for extra vaccines when you sign up, please.

Kissinger quotes

In Haig's presence, Kissinger referred pointedly to military men as "dumb, stupid animals to be used" as pawns for foreign policy.

edit on 25-7-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by yourmaker

that's the advice you have for him? Really? Just "hey go get a high paying job as a firefighter, anyone can do it".

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
let me guess you want to join the naval space command, maybe get a tour of duty on mars or jupiter good luck with that

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Thanks for the sensible reply, poster. I do want to get into the Office/admin. fields because that's about the most ov my work history, most ov my life consists ov being behind desks and secretarial work and I did notice that the Navy does have office support positions, but if those jobs are fully occupied for more than a 6 month wait, I'll probably go law enforcement or firefighter, basically whichever one sends me out first. and yes I do agree, I will be using for my advantage, to push my life further up then what it is, despite people's judging attitudes and negative views. They need to be in my shoes first before making their paranoid allegations on me. What do you think about the timing though?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Oh damn that's a sad tale. I was in the USN. I say join the Coast Guard, you get all the same benefits as you do when you're in the other forces. Fun fact, the Coast Guard is apart of the DMV unless war has been declared. The Coast Guard will feed you, cloth you, pay, and give you a place to sleep. Check out the GI Bill and take courses while you serve, or become a lifer. Your choice

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yeah but the problem with the coast guard is you don't get combat pay, I don't think they have a nuclear field, and you don't get to travel the world the way you do in the navy.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I say that you join the Marine Corp. They will def WILL teach you the difference between "ov" and "of".

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Apart of the DMV? The coast guard still deploys, just not as often as everyone else.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join