It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Much respect slayer. I thoroughly enjoyed going through the post and learning new things. I'm actually backpacking through Central and possibly South America through most of August. I may have to amend the schedule and add a flight to Peru after having my interest re-peaked by your very well-presented thread. Thanks boss.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
Sad, the point is supposed to be for a better understanding and for the truth of where we come from, atleast that is the impression I got.

...a better understanding is the point of basically honest people... if we were the only ones on the planet, there would be no need to search for the truth because it never wouldve been destroyed or hidden...

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
Actually, more often than not, I think it usually is a combination of different theories that wind up "right" or "correct" rather, not everyone is going to hit the nail on the head, the problem is, not enough people have an open mind to accept or combine theories with their own.

...remember the adage - its good to have an open mind but not so much that your brain falls out...

....there are some things that i will never give credence to and sometimes thats due to just plain old prejudice... ie: i'll never willingly share my home with any kind of cockroach but some spiders are cool...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
SLAYER69- A very interesting thread. Tiahuanaco, has always piqued my interest for decades. It is on my top ten go to list.

In my opinion, Tiahuanaco looks like a meeting place for village people and priest's: Like a temple, but not an ancient city. The quailty of the stone masonry, suggests that priests performed the work. I wonder how long it took to complete the wondrous project?

Have you seen a picture of the venerable giant frog of Lake Titicaca? Did the people or priests worship that frog or just make it a meal for dinnertime? Is there any carvings on rocks of the giant frog at Tiahuanaco?

The giant frog of Lake Titicaca breathes thru his saggy skin, which acts as his gills.

Since I don't know how to post a picture, can you please post a picture of the giant frog of Lake Titicaca.

Thanks,

Erno86
edit on 26-7-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 26-7-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
No-one has asked this question yet-

Why use enormous stones at all?

They must have been placing bets-look at the Baalbek stones..well over the ridiculous horizon.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Great thread! S+F

I love PumaPunku, and I think those stones, and the precise cuts in them at that site where the "H" stones are proof that the people back then had some technology and tools that we can't account for.

It's baffling.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ok here is My take

First Ill Start with the Skulls

as we were Shown by Slayer69

has anyone seen or heard of the Egyptian Royalty Skulls ! and the Peruvian Skulls similarity

It seems Natural I do not see the cause of binding in these skulls the one in the center Look close to the Llyod Pye's star child

The difference between the Skulls modern Human and the one found around the Peruvian area

Akenaten's mummy ?

Tuts Skull

interesting with the mummified hair !

CT scans of Egyptian mummy skulls
mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.com...

OK Now Thje Sites

The Mysterious Origins of MAN Documentary is a Good Start to Watch!

This Documentary is Loaded with things about the Site Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku
as the Documentary is mostly going back and forth to this particular site as this Documentary is about Forbidden Archeology Anomalies ! They say in this Documentary the the siteTiahuanaco is at least 17,000 year old ! and by the Alignment they the scientist say they discovered how they found out is when there dated it back was a polar shift tilt ! the Solstice Lunar Calender Matched the Alignment in Tiahanaco Aligned perfectly in their measures in the Polar Shift tilt Tilt !! around 22.30 mark of this Documantary

The mysterious origin of man

tiwanaku calendar
www.atlantisbolivia.org...

OR
Lost calendar andes
www.atlantisbolivia.org...
edit on 26-7-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

Would this have something to to do with a world One Civilization Spread ? long Ago

Mysterious Alignment

Vincent Yong / July 16, 2011 /
mystery.bf-1.com...

Ops sorry friend I forgot to tell YA Its a Fabulous Thread Slayer69 The 2 Sites I Admirer!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Some of those precisely carved out stones remind me of cast's use for forging liquid metal.

I have cored may holes in concrete for my profession and it humbles me that these ancients can produce a smooth carved out perfect tube...

I cannot even get one with a core machine with a diamond toothed core bit....

Slayer AWESOME POST!!! This is one of my favorite sites. When I first stumbled across images of Puma Punku I was so blown away - my disabled self was looking at taking a trip to see it in the flesh!!! It blows me away! I agree with the above poster - I won't speculate as to origin. I think they fall in the 10,000 year catagory but that is only gut, and romance telling me so. Yet when I first saw the amazing lines of these stones the first thought that popped into my mind was of packing foam cut expertly around aviation parts . . . or that they were the molds themselves and something was poured into them. I can only hazard to guess - but this strange site gives me the chills when I view it and I am not often moved to that extent. I subscribe to Archeology magazine and armchair hobby this stuff . . . so again I was so blown away this site eluded me so many years. Magnificent. Thank you, thank you! S&F

Edit to add, not to crunch toes here about similar carvings about the world - shapes and patterns. But I believe our brain creates similiar shapes and patterns, and there are certain psychological patterns that might have a brain chemistry explaination, like abuduction stories. Why would this be so surprising, we know the shamans actively courted altered states as part of their vision quests and what not. We don't know what might have been influencing the brains of these ancient peoples - and I wonder if those shapes, colors, patterns we somehow try to understand are caused by the effects of a hallucenogen? I am not experienced with such - but I have read the bright colors of some South American tapestries may have been influenced by the "trips" taken using certain plants and animals of the region. If I were to go back to school to study this subject this topic and the topic of brain wave manipulation using sound/chant would merit vigorous study on my part. There is an interesting book out called The Spirit Molecule - about a Psychiatrist who was given permission to use '___' and catalog the results on multiple subjects. They were initially looking for the "near death" experience and wanted to claim it was the simple mechinism of '___' being released by the pineal gland. They found there were actually "sets" of responses depending on the individuals. I can't help but think some of these ancients, intuned with the sky, nature and the power of the world around them and untainted by dogma of how it HAS to be - had more freedom, and "spiritual" awareness then we realize now. I personally think "tripping" and the resulting images had an affect on some of the cultures that we have left "behind".
edit on 26-7-2011 by LittleBirdSaid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Slayer, your threads are simply amazing.

Loved the old photos. I had never seen most of them before. I don't think the reconstruction did the site any justice. It's as if "they" wanted to contaminate the sites to hide the truth. Who knows.

I have spent a lot of time reading and thinking about Tiahuanaco and Puma Punku. My opinion is that the civilization that built those sites existed before 10000 b.c. I think the evidence suggests that the people met their demise with the Great Deluge that wiped out most of the civilized world of that time. It is only a matter of time until mainstream archaeology has no choice but to accept the fact that the Great Deluge was a cataclysmic event that DID happen and it set mankind back thousands of years. There is just to much evidence suggesting that the Great Deluge was a historical event, imo.

s&f as always.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Amazing thread, thank you OP. Brilliant old pictures and interesting insight (old stones/rough cut stones etc).
Has anyone on ATS visited any of these sites, I'd be very interested in their thoughts and imagery...

I will dig into this myself - this is a most interesting thread, and presents very interesting problems for anyone trying to figure out how/why these magnificenct structures were built.

Thank you
Askbaby.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can't get enough of new perspectives on ancient sites around the world. The comments about "poor excavations" hit home. It was Europeans stomping around saying "dig here" and "move that". We will never know what we should. Age 1200 - 12,000 - 40,000?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lovely thread, thank you. lots to work through. puma punka is my all time favourite old site...it is full of mystery and the tech they had is amazing...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As ive shown you the Mysterious Origin of Man with Charles Heston

Here is another ! Documentary that is Similar to the Title Documantary Above

it Called The Mysteriess of the Gods with William Shatner with a little Depth

Mysteries of the Gods (1976)
1:27:12 - 3 years ago

Google Video Link

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The more I keep reading this the more I am convinced that we Really Don't Know.

Evidence is tampered with and corrupted.

If some of it is really many thousands of years old then certainly other people have gone to check it out other than a handful of Europeans within the last few years. As within the last 400 years would be a /few/.

Also I think C14 dating is crap but that's just me.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

LOL

Even though it's a bit dated it's still pretty good.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Wolfenz

LOL

Even though it's a bit dated it's still pretty good.

LOL! Yeah 1976 Mysteries of the Gods

Funny thing is another Trekster Lennard Nimoy Narrated the Well know fascinating Mystery Show

Called In Search Of ... in the Same Era.. of the 70s that Also had some part in one Episode of Series

the Site of Tiahuanco & Puma Punku Among Other Precolumbian Ancient site's

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Have you looked at the site and the dating of the site differently?
It's not so much answering the question as much as asking are we asking the right ones?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Fantastic thread and so thought provoking! S&F to you!

I know very little about the geography or geologic history of this area, except that the Altiplano lies over 12,000 ft. above sea-level. Seeing those broken, scattered monoliths made me immediately think of damage from a tsunami, but of course that's impossible? Unless...

Several mechanisms have been suggested as responsible for the formation of the Altiplano plateau; theories try to explain why the topography in the Andes incorporates this large area of low relief at high altitude (high plateau) within the orogen:
1. Existence of weaknesses in the Earth's crust prior to tectonic shortening. Such weaknesses would cause the partition of tectonic deformation and uplift into the eastern and western cordillera, leaving the necessary space for the formation of the altiplano basin.
2. Magmatic processes rooted in the asthenosphere might have contributed to uplift the plateau.
3. Climate has controlled the spatial distribution of erosion and sediment deposition, controlling the lubrication along the Nazca Plate subduction and hence influencing the transmission of tectonic forces into South America.
4. Climate also determined the formation of internal drainage (endorheism) and sediment trapping within the Andes, potentially blocking tectonic deformation in the area between the two cordilleras.
5. Convective removal of dense lower lithosphere beneath the Altiplano caused that region to isostatically 'float' higher.

wiki altiplano

Yes, I know; that dreadful wiki thing

If it took millennia to create this uplift, or if it happened quickly through a series of devastating tectonic events; I can only guess and leave it to the experts. It does have me wondering, though.
Once again, great thread!
edit on 26-7-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I thought thee In Search of series were the best.
They and Chariots of the Gods got me starting in asking questions

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolfenz

The In Search Of series was the best, I grew up watching that show back in the 70's. In fact some of those episodes actually scared me but it did bring into focus much of what we have been talking about (what they knew at that time).

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Wolfenz

Erich von Däniken and Graham Hancock started me asking the questions, but they did not provide satisfactory answers. It's only in the realm of academe that I started getting a reasonable picture of our past...not as glamorous as alien intervention and such but ultimately more celebratory of human potential.

One of the wonders of the internet is that it is possible to contact the principal investigator of a site that intrigues you...and get a response! Much more cost effective, and very much more enlightening that buying another book full of pseudoscience and breathless conjecture. Did it myself this week investigating a report of "Norse Silver' found in Ontario...but that's yet another story.

Slayer, keep up the good work, though. If you want to stir the pot a little further, I suggest you check out Pedra Furada.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join