It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by multichild
In one of the replies a member pointed out that these places might have been next to water, and the same for egypt, stonehenge etc.

So with that, is it possible that the earth tilted at some point during all these civilisations, and so covered some up and then the water ran away from others.

If somebody who can calcualte this using software, would the be able to undo the tilt and see if the sea then comes up to the pyramids and these mayan tamples, and when put back it runs away from them, and covers up the others.

I think I explained what I mean.

If it worked out, it could possibly explain the age and possibly what happened on earth at the time.
Yea most huge settlements always locate where there is water and like most small towns (well here in Ireland anyway) and cities today there's water. They would of used them for basic water supplies and transport routes to get to other towns that would also locate along a river.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Outstanding collection of images. Never seen them all in one place together like that before. Bravo.

Regarding the head-binding of the child. I think I'm correct in saying that the skull is at its most malleable when a child is first born, so presumably they began head-binding when children were newbornes, so by the time it was the age of that skeleton you posted, the skull would already be quite deformed I should think?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Homo Sapiens is about 200,000 years old.

it seems the oldest highly developed civilization is only 4000 years old (Egypt)

Couldnt there have developed a much more advanced civilization say, 50,000 years ago?

What happened in the first 196,000 years of homo sapiens history....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
So what type of tools would they have used to perfectly cut & engineer thos stones all them years ago?

Have any tools that are up to the job been discovered ?

Why is it with all these ancient sites there is always a copycat site nearby trying to back engineer, with craftsmen ship which is very much what we would have expected for that time period, or what they "should" have been capable of back then, we don't even have cranes today that could lift most of these stones

Good post, good topic, thanks Slayer

edit on 25-7-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

They used a plant extract to soften the stone and could easily form the small holes while the rock was in its softened (almost like wet concrete) state. It would not be hard to stack these big blocks if you were molding them into shape. I read a thread, on here, how the ancients noticed birds making perfect round holes in cliff faces of solid stone and followed them and found the plants theat they were using to make the stone soft enough to form the holes. It was linked to some archaelogical sight dig where a fluid was found in a container. When one of the mules (workers) was told to drink it he threw it down and the rock it landed on turned soft like a peanut butter consistancy.......(concrete)>>>>>>>>>>hmmmmmm....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Now compare the above travesty to the other nearby site of Puma Punku. In one location we have what originally looked like a vary ancient megalithic Stonehenge type astronomically aligned site. Then there appears to be an intermediate period of rough cut stones and construction followed by expertly cut and engineered gigantic multi-ton blocks and slabs.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0112fd958ba1.jpg[/atsimg]

I enjoyed your post, but am i the only one who sees this and sees an ancient toilet, i dont think there is anything else it could be,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just wanted to than everyone who has participated thus far.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You did some great work, S&F, I enjoyed the read.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great work, Slayer. And as others have said: A great compilation of rare photos.

You're dominating the dojo!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey slayer love all this ancient stuff.
Like you. I don’t jump on the alien band wagon and prefer to think they knew how to do things we haven’t figured out.
These sites have always fascinated me even more than Egypt. I recently read a story about a bird that uses some kind of leaf as a acid to help it dissolve rock in order to build nests on cliffs.
In order for us to drill holes in stone today we use high speed diamond drill bits, but what if the ancient peoples used the birds leafs and a bow?. (The same way to start a fire) using a long piece of stone.
New discoveries are slowly giving us new ideas of how these ancient sites were constructed. They obviously knew how to move and erect huge stones. I think they probably used sound in some way to aid them, and no I don’t know how but ceremony and music seems to be a huge and common theme amongst all ancient civilizations and there are old stories about sound doing amazing things. The Tibetan monks apparently moved stone with chants drums and trumpets (or some kind of instrument). Also, didn’t they find a piece of road somewhere around tiawinaco that was paved in some way, with hundreds of rounded stones imbedded into some kind of cement? Sorry can’t remember the full details. If such a road existed and you could get a stone on it. It would make that stone a lot easer to move, but yes that only solves one problem but it’s something.
Thanks for the info and I really loved the older pictures, really gives you the idea of what it actually looked like before they started to mess with it. Too bad to, nowadays with serious investigation I bet it would have looked a lot different than we see now. Keep up the good work looking forward to whatever you find next.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by conar
Homo Sapiens is about 200,000 years old.

it seems the oldest highly developed civilization is only 4000 years old (Egypt)

Couldnt there have developed a much more advanced civilization say, 50,000 years ago?

What happened in the first 196,000 years of homo sapiens history....

130-110K years ago it was much like today so very possible and the sea levels were actually as high or higher
at this time in fact 5 other races of human existed and by time we hit the super volcano at round 75-70K years ago....( a mass extinction event that saw homo erectus die off ) only the euro neanderthals and homo sapiens existed. YOU can look up that also every 30K years or so the ice age kinda waxed and waned and finally about 20-25000 years ago began to keep warming ( with the exception of an odd event about 2600 years ago of a global mass cooling period )

If you think how much we have done really since the last ice age ended for good about 15000 years ago and sea levels are now 100 feet higher then that time....you have to really go back to the time of 5 human races or that 130,000 to 110,000 time period to see water levels high enough in conjunction with tectonic plate movements to see inland dry lakes and ports inland could be used. WHY no one takes it all in hand is beyond me but this makes sense and that super volcano would be like having a 30 year or 40 year winter today ( ya it might a been 10 years but think about an effect of them back then and today to get same outcome , aka mass starvation )

the main reason neanderthals survived was there ability to make tools , our race was being community driven, and the use of tools. in the end we prolly intermixed a bit and they died off mostly as a separate species.

YOU can use search engines to find data on sea levels and time and plate tectonic movement and the 70 K super volcano....just imagine if the spanish had not of ransacked the place....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Fascinating subject you've chosen Slayer.
My thoughts tend to go towards these sites as being much older than usually thought. I also believe the explanations for both the destruction of the sites and the creation of came from the same source - water.
Glacial runoff would be my choice for why many of these blocks of stone were found strewn about. No other logical choice is left us as we can safely discard earthquakes, tsunamis and most weather related phenomena.

How to create these blocks without metal tools? Again, water may give us the answer, Such blocks can be carved, albeit very slowly by using water as a medium mixed with sand. All you need is sufficient water resources with a high enough "head" and there was plenty of sand available. In winter rock can be shaped by filling holes and cracks with water and using the freezing action to realize the desired shapes.
As we know water is quite handy for moving large objects by barge and we also know that obelisks were set up using sand (and perhaps water) as a counterweight.
While I'm not usually a cheerleader for Occam's razor, I think it has some merit in the cases of Puma Punku and Tihaunaco. Of the theories I have heard so far none seem to account for what we find or what we lack finding at these sites.

My explanation of the skulls? - generations of inbreeding,

My compliment for your threads is that you provoke deeper thought on these subjects by way of your presentation and accompanying research.
Questions are more important than answers, something unattainable without the right questions in the first place.

I'd give you a flag and star but I hate to go along with the crowd, even when they're right.

I can give you an applause though

Cheers,
ATA
edit on 26-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 26-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Excellent OP. As a biomed engineer, my only comment is on the ancient alien stuff XD

Childrens' skulls are often elongated... the ability to elongate is the exact reason the skulls are flexible and not fused. I was born with a freakin' cone head supposedly. This is due to the pressure exerted by the vagina during childbirth (which you can appreciate is not negligible). That's all I've got to add to this.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

I found some links on plants that soften stone.
Graham Hancock

Making cement from plant extract

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I guess it is possible there is no longer any reliable dating method at the momen.

Are mysterious particles shooting through Earth during solar flare events? Enough to disrupt the decay rate of radioactive material previously assumed to be constant? Discovery News' Ian O'Neill explains why scientists think that may be the case.
news.discovery.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Woa... the mathematical precision of these stone carvings is unbelievable. Not even the Egyptians were that advanced.

Slayer69, you should be writing books, not post here! Although your threads are awesome resources for groundbreaking historical info, they're a pain for the eyes!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hi Slayer.
With all the great images you have, would it be possible to creat 3d images of an area and then stitch them together, I'm assuming most of your images are separated by location and have refrence points for the stitching.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
As some of you have posted the craftmanship of the stone structures is so precise that it is rivaled by modern technique, either they had a way to perfect angles and stone cutting or they had help or some tech that is non exsistent today.

The elongated skulls of some of the skeletons are quite facinateing as well, so many questions get raised. I dont want to keep stabbing at the "alien" theroy but you got to admit that if aliens were indeed geneticlly tinkering with mankinds DNA, or we were in fact geneticlly linked to these ancients there is proof in the skull.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000

Now compare the above travesty to the other nearby site of Puma Punku. In one location we have what originally looked like a vary ancient megalithic Stonehenge type astronomically aligned site. Then there appears to be an intermediate period of rough cut stones and construction followed by expertly cut and engineered gigantic multi-ton blocks and slabs.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0112fd958ba1.jpg[/atsimg]

I enjoyed your post, but am i the only one who sees this and sees an ancient toilet, i dont think there is anything else it could be,

I could also see a type of stove. Fire on the bottom, pot on top. Or it could be just a decorative design. We may never really know. In any case, this is a great thread. I have always wondered about places like this and the people who built them. Fascinating to say the least.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hiya Slayer, lovely thread yet again

The dating using the 'obliqueness of the ecliptic' is something I've been reading about recently and keeps cropping up over several books. A thought keeps occurring to me but not being bright enough to work it out Im not sure if this should be taken into consideration or not.......

As you said.....

At present our earth is tilted at an angle to of 23 degrees and 27 minutes, but this angle is not constant. The angle oscillates slowly between 22 degrees and 1 minute miminum to an extreme of 24 degrees and 5 minutes. A complete cycle takes roughly 41,000 years to complete. The alignment of the Kalasasaya temple depicts a tilt of the earth's axis amounting to 23 degrees, 8 minutes, 48 seconds, which according to astronomers, indicates a date of 15,000 B.C.

We all know about the Japan Earthquake and the fact that it rocked the earth on its axis.....

The magnitude 9.0 earthquake that struck Japan last Friday was powerful enough to shorten Earth's day by 1.8 microseconds and throw an extra 6.7 inches (17 centimeters) into the planet's wobble, scientists say.
source

Now obviously this kind of event has happened many times in the past, volcanos' earthquakes etc, all possibly knocking the earth on its axis a small amount....

Is it at all possible that the COMBINED effect of all these knocks over the centuries could throw this method of dating out of whack at all?

Originally posted by SLAYER69But....

What happens when a very young child's skeleton is found with an already fully formed and perfect elongated skull?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f83d9b124f6.jpg[/atsimg]

But....

This thread wasn't about that!
Now was it!?

that is a very interesting image.... your not going to make us wait for a date on that scull are you?
Anyway of course the obvious answer to the childs scull is Hydrocephalus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bef6e1a2eed.jpg[/atsimg]

(but you knew we were going to say that didnt you?)

Loving all the old photos

I've been wondering about the 'sea port' aspect of Tiahuanaco and the earthquake theory. I read something somewhere about a new dating technique that dates how long a stone has been exposed to the environment but Im not sure if it ever got fully developed?

your biggest fan, Stan x

edit on 26/7/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/7/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
The designs at Puma Punku always remind me of the obelisks of Axum, Ethiopia. The fake windows cut into the megaliths mimic the windows of the Axum obelisks. These two cultures are so far apart, its amazing they picked up the same idea.

This is the Obelisk of Axum before it was repaired - It’s 1700 years old, 78 ft (24 m), 160 tons.

Obelisk of Axum

Why does that obelisk always make me think of Nimrod and the Tower of Babel?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join