It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
OP you skipped my post, I will make it clear, what is your opinion?? There is no conclusion or personal opinion to the thread you provided.

The Inca's didn't build Tiwanaku, the Tiwanaku Indians built it.

But you're saying you have evidence to argue that the carbon dating is contaminated. How? By what? What is the accurate date? What do you mean by contamination causes the results to be older or younger? You don't give a flat out opinion...You go on to talk about Egypt and Elongated skulls, you very clearly start off with:

Originally posted by SLAYER69

For the record and to be completely up front: We will not be discussing or hypothesizes about Tiahuanaco being constructed by refugees of Atlantis, or Ancient Space Aliens

So what are we discussing??

I went to Peru and Bolivia last year. I visited many of ancient sites, I sadly did not get to make it to Tiwanaku, it was way too expensive at the last minute to arrange, and was also the last leg in my trip.

Out of respect to the Ancients, I'd like to know what this thread is exactly about.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Puma Punku and all these other sites are a mystery if and only if you abide by the very Euro-centric history of civilization.

In reality, civilizations rise and fall, and in more precise detail, there are recurrent, global catastrophes which reset the clocks on civilizations in a geographical manner.

The Earth's orientation changes with time, i.e. what used to be the equator undergoes a 90 degree shift or so, thereby putting formerly tropical regions at the poles, submerged, then frozen, and vice versa.

Graham Hancock explained a similar thing in "Fingerprints of The Gods".

An ancient but advanced civilization which rapidly went from a formerly equatorial region to a polar one would of course, radiate outwards to survive and/or spread knowledge.

Since the event is a recurring one, this would also explain the phenomenon known as the Cambrian Explosion, which is, in fact, an illusion.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The little child at the bottom of your article might have hydrocephalus.
I would want to see an experiment, in which they recreate all of those perfectly cut sculptures, using same methods as original builders.

What materials were used to build these pima punku structures? It was sandstone, granite or marble?
If it was sandstone i could believe that using chisels and other tools for extended amount of time, they could achieve such effect.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
I always wondered, why all the academics can't seem to accept the possibility of the "new world" having residents with highly evolved civilizations so far back in time. They always "short" them on the timeline

...initially, racial and religious supremacy were the culprits... they no longer hang you or burn you at the stake for voicing an unpopular opinion but, still, the politics in academia is the controlling factor...

...takes a lot of integrity to buck an institution that you depend upon for your paycheck (or grants)...

Personally, I believe it possible, human life also began simultaneously in the "new world" as it did in the "Old world".

...agreed but i dont know about the simultaneously part... if the combination of events can happen in one place, it can happen in more than one place... i'm partial to "it happened in 4 places"...

All we can do today though since none of us were alive back then, is look at the evidence.

...how do you know i wasnt alive back then?...

...seriously - the problem with evidence is the interpretation part... for example - that photo of the infant with the elongated skull... some will interpret that as being shaped intentionally after birth... some will say its an alien baby... i say the baby was in the birth canal too long... can we all be right?... maybe...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by piotrburz

Yes, Sandstone, definitely can be cut using even softer metals (sort of) though not very efficient (I worked in construction as a Tuckpointer, I did a lot of masonry restoration (one of my proudest moments was restoring the Frank Lloyd Wright Robie House))anyway.... Many of those stones are granite, I saw some of those stones in that Ancient Aliens show, and the one guy they interviewed (the one who does granite work) said if he was commissioned to replicate some of the work, he would tell them no, he's not going to waste his life or something to that effect, which makes for interesting speculation, despite him having carbide diamond tipped tools and what not, he says it would take a lifetime.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Ancient Aliens is pretty biased in favor of people like Daniken.
And i checked a whole topic, one member mentioned red sandstone. I also believe it have to be sandstone.
Sculpting in granite could take even several years maybe even a time of lifespan.

To discuss this further, we need to know what material was used. There must be some bibliography covering this issue.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Excellent post Slayer!
I am seeing more and more similarities in the carvings from South America, Turkey, Egypt, and many others.
I have also noticed the 'H' symbol at most ancient sites.
S&F for a very interesting read!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

...initially, racial and religious supremacy were the culprits... they no longer hang you or burn you at the stake for voicing an unpopular opinion but, still, the politics in academia is the controlling factor...

...takes a lot of integrity to buck an institution that you depend upon for your paycheck (or grants)...

Sad, the point is supposed to be for a better understanding and for the truth of where we come from, atleast that is the impression I got.

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks...agreed but i dont know about the simultaneously part... if the combination of events can happen in one place, it can happen in more than one place... i'm partial to "it happened in 4 places"...

I too, can agree with that

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks...how do you know i wasnt alive back then?...

I was too!..... remember, in the end, there can be only one!

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks...seriously - the problem with evidence is the interpretation part... for example - that photo of the infant with the elongated skull... some will interpret that as being shaped intentionally after birth... some will say its an alien baby... i say the baby was in the birth canal too long... can we all be right?... maybe...

Actually, more often than not, I think it usually is a combination of different theories that wind up "right" or "correct" rather, not everyone is going to hit the nail on the head, the problem is, not enough people have an open mind to accept or combine theories with their own.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

But....
This thread wasn't about that!
Now was it!?

Best part of your thread.

By the way, the alien influence in Tiahuanaco and Incas culture is understood in the most natural way for people in that area. We are the only ones to have a problem with that.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

First of all great post slayer, interesting and full of great facts i wasnt aware of. Easter island has always sparked my interest, especially because the statues found there showed an advanced understanding of working with and moving large pieces of stone, yet they were somehow willing to live for generations with such a poor level of resources, surely the island was not that crucial to them?? maybe. Anyway im sure you have something great planned for us all.. Once again excellent post!!

TageruS

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
great photos! always good to compare and think over..
well, as for comparison for the great pyramid in giza, in another tread of mine I showed a theory that has strong evidence that the giza plateau looked completely different than today and the pyramid had a completely different function as assumed before as a giant water pump representing a wonderful symbol of life and power of the ´godness of the pharao´.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The base of it is build ontop of about three before existing natural limestone hills and were used for the building! So the author shows that the builders had many of the existing big stones already on the building site, NOT IMORTED from far..then they ROLLED DOWN the stones to build the base of the pyramid. As a fact, the corner stones are clearly showing they were CUT out, not placed.
As for many other building/ constructing details are not looked at, but can be explained..

on Puma Punku, we must consider that the site looked other that today. Was there a stone quarry found near with the same types of stones?
( coordinates GE : 16°33'42.78"S 68°40'46.89"W )

the alien ´theory´ is not necessary, and is not a theory, but an excuse.
the cone shaped head of children was a common use, as for the adult.
facts first, then speculation.

edit on 26-7-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Once again an excellent thread Slayer!
It is known that I lean towards Ancient Alien theory a bit so everyone can guess my thoughts on the subject. You've been on a roll man, Keep it up! Good Stuff!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Great stuff and there are lots of very mysterious technologies used in that time period that baffled the archeologist's as until today! Maybe the truth about that has already been found or told? maybe we soon know referring to your last sentence. But maybe you like this video it fits well within this topic I think.

Ancient advanced technology

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I really appreciate people taking the time to make good threads like this one. I don't know if it is just me but I feel like there have been a lot of crappy crappy threads lately.....Thank you for that informative thread, mister!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

To answer a few questions, I believe:

1) Those temples and pillars were built to mimic certain constellations in the sky so they do have astrological significance.
2) There is a high possibility that civilizations, way more advanced than our current understanding of ancients, were present beyond the extremely controversial date of 15,000BC
3) We should not underestimate the ancients!

Because any evidence of this has been lost through the ages or has been destroyed, it would be extremely difficult to prove any of these cases. But, I believe in due time, knowledge and wisdom of the ancients will still be found indirectly as our civilisation advances.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Super Awesome cliffhanger thread.
The business.

edit on 26-7-2011 by Elvis Hendrix because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
My guess, this is humans second time round on this planet, something happen a few small groups survived hundreds of thousands of years later a population explosion they stumble across these sites used bits and pieces of these sites to build new ones or inhabit the sites, could explain why most the outer casing is missing on the pyramids, lay claim tell everyone we made them no questions asked until 10's of thousands of years later. presto life as we know it today.

Question is what happen then first time round.?

just some thoughts

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The site has been carbon dated to an age of about 17,680 years. Don't believe any of this nonsense misinformation that gives these much more recent dates. It's just more complete BS to keep the sheeple from asking too many questions.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
don't know if anyone has already said this but just looking at the map could the lake of been much larger and flooded?
Maybe there was a dam possibly? and it failed?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm glad I actually read everything through instead of skimming a lot of good information here detailed and concise. Great pics as well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join