It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey amigo, any insight on the animals found on some of the stones. Supposedly some believed it to be a toxodon and another was an elephant among others.

this is one of the argument about the age of the site.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yes, there were supposedly "elephant shaped" horns and musical pipes found not there but nearby which of course are considered hoaxes.

edit on 25-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ahhh, the doctor guy with the museum who the locals conned

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Wow where did you find all of this information? I wrote a little post about Puma Punku for an AAT research thread and spent hours and hours finding nothing lol. Going to pour over your OP in the morning, great job.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Try the Ancient Aliens structure episode to begin with mate, this is also good:

edit on 25-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Easter Island is on my hit list next.
There is actually a lot of interesting information that the general public may not be aware of regarding the islands history.

As always stay tuned!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I will but I tend to think that these structures will always be a mystery and ofc, that's the appeal.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Oh it's a mysterious place all right and full of strange things many will find interesting.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
While reading this very informative thread, my attention kept getting brought to how the stones were strewn about. It looks like they were picked up by flood waters, jumbled around until the waters receded. Maybe even indicative of their time period?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

Well if that is a possibility then it is older than what is accepted. I don't think the site was effected by ocean levels rising but maybe a massive run off from possible melt off of ice age glaciers in the Andes mountain. i was going to post a rather interesting image I found on Google earth but thought I'd save it for another thread.

that's of course again if it is that old of a site.

edit on 25-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I didn't know that.
Do you have a link that supports this Australian claim?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

discovermagazine.com...

I think there's another one from BBC or something. Research it a bit.

Found it.

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 26-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Talinator

Aside from what Harte said, you do realize that weaker stones can break harder stones thanks to our friends speed and momentum, don't you?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Great thread and presentation, once again, Slayer.

Tiahuanaco / Puma Punku is one of my favorite ancient, Megalithic sites.

S&F.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Text Blackreply to post by SLAYER69

Dear Slayer,
What an amazing read! As you began your piece you stated it remains a 'Mystery". As you developed your story around the Incas and the Spaniards, with the Incas' unable to explain where the Megaliths came from creates a deeper mystery. It is so interesting, baffling, unexplainable, to see the huge 100 ton stones, in some cases just left in a fallen state, or in a state of 'work' uncompleted. How and Who and Why of all of this seems will remain a mystery forever unexplained. This along with the Pyramids, Stonehenge and Easter Island and other sites underwater just remain baffling. Just the massiveness of the stones in South America, how they got to where they were found? Where did they come from? No apparent stone pits where they were cut and moved. It is one of many Bizarre stone megaliths around the globe that our modern man, our modern history just has no definitive proof, explanation of how these sites were created, for what, for who and why?? We are missing significant pieces of our history...Strange. Then, the odden shaped skulls, and then the last picture of the picture of a fully skeleton of a child...and as you noted, an already fully formed extended skull. Again, these are atifacts that can be seen around the globe, different cultures....why, who, when? I think we should and can look to the sky and with amazement see a universe that is full of mysteries. We are babies, we have only begun to open our eyes. Wonderful Piece, Slayer. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I had seen Puma Punku on a television show not too long ago. Just the other day I was wanting to look up whatever I could on it to read about it, but I could not for the life of me remember the name. I just saw your thread and as soon as I saw the name I was like "YES!!!"

Thanks a lot for #1, making me remember the name, and #2, for putting together such a nice post.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Awesome thread! I shared it on my facebook

I always wondered, why all the academics can't seem to accept the possibility of the "new world" having residents with highly evolved civilizations so far back in time. They always "short" them on the timeline it seems. And as you stated above, they always try to claim a hoax, (though I am certain hoaxes do show up from time to time, even in the old world).

I can no longer find it, but, a long time ago (7 years ago more or less) I came across a web page, where the remains of an acient were unearthed and it pre-dated the oldest human discovered at the time in Africa.

Personally, I believe it possible, human life also began simultaneously in the "new world" as it did in the "Old world".

All we can do today though since none of us were alive back then, is look at the evidence.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Majestic Lumen because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
What I could say has been said. COnsider every post in this thread by me. As if I said it. As IF EVERY ONE WHO POSTED IS ONE MAN AND THAT MAN IS ME.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
As always, an excellent thread Slayer. S&F4U

My question for you would be what tools you think the ancient Peruvians used to get the stones cut so precisely?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Another, AWESOME thread!

S&F, Slayer!
"For this I like the groove"- ATS! (Quote from Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio)

edit on 26-7-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join