It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiahuanaco, Puma Punku the real mystery...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In regards to the skulls, one must check cranial capacity. Even though you reshape a skull it will not affect the volume. It will be in the volume in which one can decide if these skulls are off world. Also a DNA check would be even more conclusive. Check out the star child skull. Lloyd Pye has gotten enough DNA sequencing to establish it as being off planet.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ha Ha..
I thought you’d say, “Great minds think alike”. Not the other way around.
…but I beat you to it! Hope I didn’t ruin your thunder.

The other day I saw this photo in a National Geographic magazine on the ancient site of Gobekli in Turkey.

Do you notice the “H” pattern in his belt? It matches the megalithic “H” stone from Puma Punku?
Also, his hand position matches one of the statues you posted.

So far apart, but so similar.

The World’s First Temple

Gobekli Tepe

(I hope I didn’t spoil something you were going to mention later.)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talinator
Somthing you need to seriously take into consideration that you did not mention in your thread is the TYPES OF STONE which these were built out of. They were made out of Granite and Diorite!! The only known stone harder then those is DIAMOND!!!

I dunno.

I assumed he didn't dwell on this because it is in fact not true (again, facts are appreciated, Slayer.)

The vast majority of stones shown in pics in this thread (and present at both sites) are Red Sandstone.

There is no Diorite there.

The hard stone present at the site is Andesite.

Diorite, Andesite and Granite are all pretty much the same stone, with slight differences in formation.

You don't need a harder stone to shape a stone.

Slayer:

As an aside, your comments about "contamination" leading to faulty C14 dates is outrageously impossible. But no matter.

Also - Posnanski's dating method involved him assuming the positions of certain structures that were no longer there. That might be okay for a ballpark figure, but as you yourself noted, the archaeoastronomy used was by nature extremely succeptible to large errors if the "alignments" were only a degree or two off (which can easily happen if the structure you're "aligning" with isn't actually there anymore!)

Another site has been located next to Lake Titicaca that dates to the same period, BTW.

Harte
edit on 7/25/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
What happens when a very young child's skeleton is found with an already fully formed and perfect elongated skull?

...an elongated skull in infants is a very common side-effect to being in the birth canal a long time...

But....
This thread wasn't about that!
Now was it!?

...ask me if i care...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
S & F for your fascinating post. Thank you!

Second line

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf50a48fe379.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 25-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The link I posted was a History Channel Documentary why would they lie about.
"They were made out of Granite and Diorite!!"? Watch the video I linked.

History Channel Puma Pun ku

edit on 25-7-2011 by Talinator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94c4b3535645.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 25-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

nice work
star and flag
top yet again

xploder

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Is there a controversy with Puma Punku being 14,000 years old or not? And the excavation may have added in newer stones? Is that what the mystery is?

Could an earthquake or lighting be the cause of of the destruction, why couldn't the stones be moved by man during an excavation?

I'm not really seeing why this disproves the AA theory. The Spanish also went to war with the Inca's at Machu Picchu, and there is the supposed theory the Inca's hid all the gold in the Andes or in Lake Titicaca, El Dorado.

Regardless of the stones being rearranged or newer stones being added in to give it a modern look, the ancient stones were still somehow transported miles and miles away.

I see a lot of similarities in the photos. What part during the excavation were the pictures taken? I'm not really seeing a huge controversy with the reconstruction of Puma Punku. If you're claiming it's been reconstructed to be more touristy, and the inaccurate age, then I can see the controversy. Great thread and great pictures.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

hmm, did want to mention it took something like 150 years to go from the first Egyptian Pyramid to Giza, not 45.

Still reading it. Star and flag, good one this here.

Ok, well I think that the dead children had missshaped skulls because that's the way they were born. Children often have mushed skulls from childbirth.

We also know that it was a tradition to pressurize the head into a bullet shape.

I agree that it's very likely that the Site includes attempts by later generations to rebuild or copy it. I would ask you to look at similar events to see any similarities. Like when Muslims took down Roman temples and rebuilt them their own way with their own designs. Or when The Greeks tried the same in Persia and elsewhere.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
appears the elites system then that benefited themselves at the expense of the whole obviously was unsustainable, wonder if there is any relation to the nearly all historic kingdoms/empires involving literal human sacrifice for their god/s going bye-bye? constant temp bunkers, pyramids? thought provoking thread thanks

The elites gained their status by control of the surplus of food obtained from all regions and redistributed among all the people. Control of llama herds became very significant to Tiwanaku, as they were essential for carrying goods back and forth between the center and the periphery. The animals may also have symbolized the distance between the commoners and the elites.

The elites' power continued to grow along with the surplus of resources until about AD 950. At this time a dramatic shift in climate occurred. A significant drop in precipitation occurred in the Titicaca Basin, with some archaeologists venturing to suggest a great drought. As the rain became less and less many of the cities furthest away from Lake Titicaca began to produce fewer crops to give to the elites.

As the surplus of food dropped, the elites power began to fall. Due to the resiliency of the raised fields, the capital city became the last place of production, but in the end even the intelligent design of the fields was no match for the weather. Tiwanaku disappeared around AD 1000 because food production, the empire's source of power and authority, dried up.
www.crystalinks.com...

edit on 25-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Thanks for posting about Puma Punku and Tiahuanaco, When I see those places I cannot believe that they where made 300 AD, I just can't. The age of those places give the impression of 10,000 to 15,000 years. In fact this time would be close to the time of that neolithic dig happening now over in Turkey at Göbekli Tepe. Where they dated that the massive stone carvings where done 11,500 BC, when we shouldn't have been able to do that according to mainstream archeologists and anthropologists. In fact we weren't even to have animal husbandry at that point. I think the reason why the remains of Puma Punku and Tiahuanaco and the other places in the area weren't completely buried was it's location and the environment. It's at such a high altitude that Trees don't grow up there in fact what grows is shrubs and stunted grasses. No how did the Amira indians (who didn't have writing at the time they said they built them) move these blocks and carved them. I say that some type of upheaval back around this time threw this and other civilizations back into their stone age and the survivors had to figure out how to rebuild again.

Also that is the first time I have ever seen clay figurines and the well done carvings of faces (and that still gets me thinking, if they where able to carve to such a degree these facial features why keep the big monuments looking like some type of mechanical construct. Blocky and devoid of any type of recognizable human visage). Those faces I don't know if you are aware look closely like they are more asianic and like the Olmecs look more negro. Also slayer are you sending out email or notices when you put out a thread anymore, if not no problem I will just look for your threads in my friend area. And another thing I remember almost two years ago on one of these threads about the Inca's and Mayan's that one person commented that in their legend that they talked about the "walking trees". I've been trying to find out about this off and on.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

It's known that the first Natives to South America came from Australia. The Americas appear to be, quite literally, the dusty corner of the world where everything lost ends up. Native Americans share genetic information from both Australian natives, Asians, and Caucasians. And quite a number of cultures in mid-america look too similar to not be from India. Of course, how they got there is nobody's knowledge.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

...ask me if i care...

No...

I hate it! You get so many stars for just saying one word.
You truly are the American Idol of ATS.

The Above Network should pay you because people continue to turn to your channel.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

I'm not gong to say anything further unless it is strictly topic related.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Thanks Slayer for another awesome thread!

I really enjoyed reading it..

kinda like one of the old cliff hangers from my childhood..

now i am waiting for your next thread..

will the hero live or........................................................................

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So what type of tools would they have used to perfectly cut & engineer thos stones all them years ago?

Have any tools that are up to the job been discovered ?

Why is it with all these ancient sites there is always a copycat site nearby trying to back engineer, with craftsmen ship which is very much what we would have expected for that time period, or what they "should" have been capable of back then, we don't even have cranes today that could lift most of these stones

Good post, good topic, thanks Slayer

edit on 25-7-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Talinator

I actually disagree. Anybody given enough time could have used the same type of stone to have carved it out.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You have been busy mate, lot of work done here and I salute you and these places are truly magnificent. Couple of points to make, firstly if I remember correctly, are there not ancient skeletons around Peru that have red hair indicating people from somewhere else before the Spaniards? Also on the elongated heads, the kid skelly is weird granted, I tend to believe that they got that idea from somewhere because they knew something about "others", but we won't go there.

Also, I generally believe that all the ancient structures, Easter Island and Peru all have very, similar designs, too much to be a coincidence imo.I doubt we'll ever truly know the truth age of these places but I personally lend more creedence to astrology theory on the pyramids, 10500 BC or so and would prob go similar with Peru. Just my opinion ofc.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join