A Racist Conspiracy? Why are we taught that Black Africans never formed or ruled Ancient Egypt?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Oh really? So the evidence of those Africans smelting iron is anecdotal at best hmm? Was it Shaka-Zulu that taught the world a devastating battle tactic? I dunno, from what everyone is telling me Africans are to stupid to do anything beyond eat what they can kill and harvest and have kids. Oh yea MUSIC! Can't forget that!

Damn how easy life must have been in those days. No white men to try and enslave you, no hostile other black men to try and kill you. No cops to get harassed by. Didn't have to worry about trying to hail a taxi at night. No biased images in the media or anything.

All they did was wake up, pick fruit that fell from the tree, stole kills from other animals (*ahem* hunting requires planning and foresight.. something Africans and her descendents clearly don't have) then they go home and make babies.

Can we trade? Life must have so sweet...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There was an entire eastern culture which developed in parallel to the lighter, skinned Egyptians... This society was known as Nubia... The nubian culture was thought to have originated from Somalia and was eventually assimilated into Egypt... Yes, I there were dark skinned, Nubian pharaohs... There is ancient art that depicts this.
edit on 4/9/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
There was an entire eastern culture which developed in parallel to the lighter, skinned Egyptians... This society was known as Nubia... The nubian culture was thought to have originated from Somalia and was eventually assimilated into Egypt... Yes, I there were dark skinned, Nubian pharaohs... There is ancient art that depicts this.
edit on 4/9/2012 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

hahahaha...so now the kanuzi nubians are somalian hahahahahahaaaaa

they are from the nile valley!...they have always been from the nile valley......you want to confuse them with a somalian tribe who are 1000s of miles away.....hahha

no .....THEY are egyptians.....the pharonic line.....they are lighter skinned because they are not the same...

you want to l,adel 5 countries with the term nubians...cool.....but prepare yourself to be confused.....

dude even the nubians based in egypt have different tribes and different languages ffs.....

KAHNUZI = PHARAOHS

peace
jokers

peace

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why don't we just leave it at we don't know what race the Ancient Egyptians were as they were many possibilities

1 The common people and royalty were not the same race or ethnic group this happens a lot look at where Egypt is then look at the royal families of many countries in history.
2 The country was mixed like today with the North being most likely Berber and the South being Black
3 The Ancient Egyptians were neither Black, Arab or White
4 They were a mix of several different groups similar to other places ( India, most of the America's, Arabia)

When looking at the people around Egypt you see many different colours Egyptians, Ethiopians, Yemenites, Omani's, Sudanese, Greeks, Libyans, Turkish, Persians, etc are all different colours and they all knew about each other it is possible that some of these people mixed.

Look today at places such as India, Brazil, Madagascar, Puerto Rico or Guyana those places have people with 4 or 5 races mixed together

BTW Egyptians dont look like Arabs you notice a difference between them and people from Central Arabia; the Arabs in Egypt are mixed with something whether they admit it or not.

One issue that everyone is seeming to forget is that Dark skin does not equal Black as Light skin does not equal white case in point the Australian Aborigines, people of New Guinea, Dravidian's of India and the Ainu of Japan if you had them line and were told to pick the place they were from Africa would be selected for all except the Ainu who would be picked as being from Europe.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I almost didnt respond to this because so many people on this forum are so ignorant its sickening. You obviously have never even been to africa or seen many black people have you? We dont all have the same features. you do realize that AFRICA IS A CONTINENT FILLED WITH DIFFERENT VARIATIONS OF BLACK PEOPLE. You limit the Black race to a particular PROTOTYPE that you are accustomed to seeing and as such are completely delusional.
I am Eritrean. Im sure you probably dont know where that is but its in East Africa. I LOOK EXACTLY LIKE MANY OF THE PEOPLE PORTRAYED ON EGYPTIAN SCROLLS AND STATUES and guess what IM CONSIDERED BLACK, nothing else.
You people even have the audacity to suggest that if we have chisesled facial structures that we must have European genes. No, perhaps you have our DNA. Because my DNA is purely Black African. There is no denying that.
Let me reiterate for all of those who choose to IGNORE THE COMPLEXION OF THE ORGINAL EGYPTIANS and focus on the facial features, AFRICA IS A CONTINENT not a country.... therefore there are different variations of Blacks just as there are diferent variations of White, asian, Indian, Figian, Polynesian, you name it. People who keep using the terms " flat nose and thick lips to define blacks are completely ignorant. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm Black and I dont have those particular featues referced above which are more typical of Western African countries. Hence, if this is the cornerstone of your fallacy of the Egyptians not being Black , you need to find a more reputable claim. You obviosuly have not even been to various countries within Africa and you dont see or know many Black people because we are extremely diverse. We are diverse looking independantly of any mixing so please stop suggesting this mixing nonsense because the mixing did not occur until later dynastic periods. The original EGYPTIANS were naturally Brown and Black with varying degres of facial structures, noses, lips etc JUST LIKE WE ARE TODAY. GO TO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES IN AFRICA AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

First of all your comments are racist and this forum is not the platform for such hatred. Secondly, given the fact that you clearly have not studied African history and have obviously never been to many countries within Africa, you don't have the techical expertise to add substantive commnentary to this forum. Regarding your comment on not having a white race to enslave us, I'm glad you mentioned that because it is that peaceful nature that is essentially what has historically made Africans a more highly evolved intelligent culture . Unlike the Europeans to which you associate supremacy with, we were not responsible for the violent annihiation of practically the entire human race for purely selfish economic agendas. Why is it that the European's perceived " relevancy" in this world is largely attributed to the murder , abusive mechanisms, and brainswashing injustices to fellow members of the human race. A peaceful people is more highy revered in my eyes than a murdering conqueror and its sad that your mind has been so convuluted that you arent able to recognize this. All the brainwashing mechainsms that were employed by colonialism changed the peaceful nature of our people into self destructive beings which there is evidence of in all of the other regions to which the colonial atrocities commited by Europeans occurred. So that's definetly something to be so proud of ..... right? I dont think so. So before you start talking about our race.. take a good hard look in the mirror.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

kro32
It's not racist but more of a fact of history that their haven't been any pure black powerful cultures. If you want to claim Egypt as being black that would certainly count but it would be the exception. This may have multiple reasons but you can't argue the fact.

I think the Zulus might take exception to that, the Kwa Zulus beat the cr-p out of the British when they invaded the tribal lands, 'Zulu dawn ' (the film) is not fiction.
Watched a television program recently where there is a lot of evidence to suggest that Cleopatra the 7th was black, or part black.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Timing

Why does referencing our history have to be pereceived as the need to fill a void or an attempt to grab a piece of glory? How does that hurt you? Self-awareness allows growth spiritually, physically, mentally and beyond. I keep hearing the word inferiority complex thrown around and its makes me wonder to whom is it that this inferiority complex applies to. It cant be Africans because they do have all rights to claim history that is rightfully theirs. Its the other nationalities speaking on this forum that concern me because what is ultimately your ultimate motive by commenting on a subject matter that ultmately doesnt effect your well-being as a person.
Its bad enough that this world is so anti africa that our research is given a specail title " afrocentric scholars" and has to include subject matter 10 times the standard of what others have just to get any sort of recognition by the so called powers that be and you dont find that a little strange. You dont think the pictures speak for themselves. You dont think the writings from historians speak for themselves. You dont think the fcat that these popel look just like present day Ethipians and Eritreans speaks for themselves. You dont think the fact that that the country is located within the continent of Africa is enough to validate that these people were AFRICAN!
Moreover, you actually have the nerve to wonder why we are angry by these injustices and why race is an issue. The only reason why race is an issue is because you are denying us of any association to the Egyptian empires due to RACE. So who are the real racists her ? us or you? Despite all of the superficial observations raised here to discredit our claim to the throne, there is concrete scientific evidence that proves to which ethnic group these people belong to and yet there are over 28 pages of commentary to which we have had to continue to convince you to open your eyes to the truth.
Is not the historical strategies used by Whites in the treatment of Africans not sufficient to provide you with the rationale for why this has been a debate only since the 19th century! Prior to that it was commonly accepted by all that Egypt was Black. Naoloean , Greece, Italy, they all knew, and this is documented. But again I suppose this documentaion is not valid either right? The only reason this has even been open for discussion is because of the slave trade and the need to reinforce the white supremacy standards. And the slave trade is very much still alone in a different form and it keeps your money flowing so to unveil such pertinent information about who we really are could really damage this economic factory you have built.
My mother always told me not to argue with a fool. I guess today I have broken that rule.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

"its a fact of history that there haven't been any pure black powerful cultures."

Where are you from? You obviously havent studied world history; let alone african History. Like I mentioned before, you are not QUALIFIED to speak on the subject matter so its best you dont make assertions based on your limited knowledge because you look really dumb. The first libraries EVER began in Africa. Perhaps you need to go and visit and use one. I feel sorry for you because not only did the education system wherever you're from fail you, but your laziness to even research the subject matter before throwing out "assumptions" just makes you appear lazy and ignorant.
If you claim your not a racists then how can you make negative assertions about a race without having studied the ins and outs of the subject matter at hand? If you were actually educated in just 1/4 of african history, you wouldnt dare make such a worthless statement.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

kro32
It's not racist but more of a fact of history that their haven't been any pure black powerful cultures. If you want to claim Egypt as being black that would certainly count but it would be the exception. This may have multiple reasons but you can't argue the fact.

That's not a statement of fact. Ethiopia was a powerful country in its time with a lot of influence.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Text It seems everysince the beginning of history, the Whiteman has tried to prove He is superior because of His Color, when most evidence usallly shows the opposite. When given the opportunity to compete; the Blacks out beat them in playing games; boxing, basketball, football, and even golf. As a matter of fact that's why the GOP is pissed off at our First Black President.
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

Not meaning disrespect to you but you simply have not grasped reality at all. You say that most evidence shows black people are superior to white people simply because here in the U.S. they can compete in sports. Have you lost all sensibility to reality? That doesn’t build a prosperous nation. Some of the dumbest people can excel in sports and some of the most evil people can build a nation.

Boxing? You must have forgotten that the world heavyweight crowns belongs to white men and has been for over a decade. Golf? You have one man out of the entire races who is a washed up pro. Basketball? You have predominate players in the U.S. who can shoot hoops and utilize their advantageous height. In football you have most black players who are not the brains of the game but are more skillful in running and catching a ball. That does not entail building a prosperous civilization.

Now give everyone the same IQ test and see the results of just who builds prosperous nations. Your bias towards white people is as evil as a white man towards the black man. Perhaps you are unaware of the fact that the white race elected the U.S. black man as the POTUS and perhaps you are also unaware that he has actually destroyed the entire system of common sense. Now whether you admit this to yourself is another matter but it most certainly it is a matter of recorded facts.

What has all of this to do with Egypt being black or brown or white? Depends upon what you want to believe. There are some who believe that all people were at one time of the same parents. How did they get black or brown or white or yellow? No one really knows that answer. There might have been several avenues or eras of creation or evolution. This history might never be revealed and to many people it is not important.

If the Egyptian black people are so superior then why have they degenerated into savagery and remained so till now. There are white nations who have also degenerated into savagery but most have shaken off the chains of ignorance and rebuilt the nations of prosperity. Why must the Egyptians remain chained to yesteryear and have not progressed as the leader of nations that it once was? Was it because they did not excel in sports that they failed or is it common sense that others became more intelligent and took the leadership from them?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I don't believe this guy any more than my regular history books...the fact is that people living in a tropical climate appear to be a bit darker....does that make them black...plenty of middle eastern people have dark skin..

I guess at this point what do we gain from this knowledge other than a particular race getting credit...neither the Egyptians or Africans have the blue prints for the pyramids...

edit on 28-1-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eritrea77

Why bump a 2 year old race thread?

I mean why?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Seede

Text It seems everysince the beginning of history, the Whiteman has tried to prove He is superior because of His Color, when most evidence usallly shows the opposite. When given the opportunity to compete; the Blacks out beat them in playing games; boxing, basketball, football, and even golf. As a matter of fact that's why the GOP is pissed off at our First Black President.
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

Now give everyone the same IQ test and see the results of just who builds prosperous nations.

Oh no don't mention that, they will insist that they have a special type of intelligence that doesn't register in IQ tests or that IQ tests don't matter anyway...but you can be sure if they scored high in them they would tell you they are of the utmost importance LOL

As for Egypt.....hahaha

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thats awesome i was never aware of these pyramids...They are of stunning construction

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

CasiusIgnoranze
For centuries, Eurocentric scholars have rejected the idea that Ancient Egypt was formed and ruled by Black Africans. Today we are commonly taught as a fact that Ancient Egyptian people had olive/brownish skin (like Queen Cleopatra, yet she was Greek...) and that their slaves were Black Africans. Also, it is almost ingrained in our brains that Black Africans have never really had the audacity to maintain a vast civilization due to the simple fact we see and are taught that all they did was dance around, make music and hardly bothered to form an organised society.

This video which will no doubt be extremely controversial to you as it explains how Black Africans were apparently denied the right to have formed and maintained Ancient Egypts due to western scholars wanting a "European Superior" view of history (like the Romans particularly) in the past.

Based on the evidence what do you think?
edit on 25-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

Because modern Egyptians aren't black, and they have exactly the same mix of ancestry as other North Africans, including black Nubians. They aren't invading arabs, they are indigenous to the Nile valley dating back for the most part 7000 years. They are pretty indistinguishable genetically from Nubians and other North africas, their Arab ancestry and European ancestry is minimal.

The only large scale immigration into Egypt in the post dynastic era was from the several million black female slaves from the trans saharan slave trade. The study on the dakleh Oais mummies show a massive increase in the sub saharan maternal lines over the past few thousand years.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

eritrea77
reply to post by pikestaff

"its a fact of history that there haven't been any pure black powerful cultures."

Where are you from? You obviously havent studied world history; let alone african History. Like I mentioned before, you are not QUALIFIED to speak on the subject matter so its best you dont make assertions based on your limited knowledge because you look really dumb. The first libraries EVER began in Africa. Perhaps you need to go and visit and use one. I feel sorry for you because not only did the education system wherever you're from fail you, but your laziness to even research the subject matter before throwing out "assumptions" just makes you appear lazy and ignorant.
If you claim your not a racists then how can you make negative assertions about a race without having studied the ins and outs of the subject matter at hand? If you were actually educated in just 1/4 of african history, you wouldnt dare make such a worthless statement.

Well no, the worlds oldest libraries were in Assyria. The libraries that were founded there were largely due to imported Abrahamic religions.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

Why don't we just leave it at we don't know what race the Ancient Egyptians were as they were many possibilities

Well no, we do know. They left their well preserved bodies, which we've taken DNA from and studied them intensively. they shpw up us pretty much the same as modern Egytpians, but with a bit less black ancestry as there's been a million black women at least shipped into Islamic Egypt as sex slaves over 700 years. We've got modern and ancient DNA, and modern Egyptians are native to the nile valley the same as Nubians. In fact you'd be hard put to tell them apart on a DNA study as they are that similar. Aparently modern Egyptiana aren't acceptibly dark for black Americans though.

It's funny, I keep seeing Egyptians denounced as 'invading arabs', and the near identical Nubians are 'native African variation'. Truth is they are both a mix of ancient Eurasian input and native nile valley ancetry in VERY slightly different percentages. Funnily enough, Egyptians show more native African Y chr do then most black East African tribes.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

eritrea77
reply to post by OwenGP185

I almost didnt respond to this because so many people on this forum are so ignorant its sickening. You obviously have never even been to africa or seen many black people have you? We dont all have the same features. you do realize that AFRICA IS A CONTINENT FILLED WITH DIFFERENT VARIATIONS OF BLACK PEOPLE. You limit the Black race to a particular PROTOTYPE that you are accustomed to seeing and as such are completely delusional.
I am Eritrean. Im sure you probably dont know where that is but its in East Africa. I LOOK EXACTLY LIKE MANY OF THE PEOPLE PORTRAYED ON EGYPTIAN SCROLLS AND STATUES and guess what IM CONSIDERED BLACK, nothing else.
You people even have the audacity to suggest that if we have chisesled facial structures that we must have European genes. No, perhaps you have our DNA. Because my DNA is purely Black African. .

Eritreans are about half West asian in ancestry, same as Nubians. Modern Egyptians have exactly the same ancestry but with more West asian in them, and it dates back 7000 years and more. How comes Egyptians who have teh same mixes of ancestry as you are invading Arabs but you are pure African variation then?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Guys.. Awesome thread!! I have just scanned this thread (excuse me) its quite monumentally long..no pun intended.. I am aware there is a lot of black culture/heritage/acheivements that have been supressed over the ages and wrongly so!!

There is a lot of info here that is new to me, so i best get reading,from what basic info i have about Egypt/Khemet,would lead me to beleive that the ruling lines may have been predominately white of Annunaki heritage,whether this is the case throughout all the dynasties i can't say (but would presume),i know the generally held beleif is that the Pharoahs were of present day Egyptian appearence,which i strongly doubt.When looking into all the ancient cultures it seems the Annunaki (blanket term) had a hand in all these constructions/cultures as they have been the dominant presence on Earth since time immemorial,of coarse whatever culture was local to the particular construction would have had a presence,but i find it hard to beleive they would have held 'top spot' if you like (unless hybrid) because these 'Annunaki' have held the power here on Earth all the time,which is still the case today(unfortunately)....One thing i remember seeing is that the hieroglyphics seem to clearly distinguish between negros and other 'races'..So in summary i still would be open to the idea of say a black Pharoah at one particular time in history,but would stand by the idea that the true power lines would be held by Annunaki and/or hybrids(possibly black hybrids)

I know the black African culture has a played a part in seeding many of the peoples in Indonesia,Phillipines,Bangladesh,Southern India,Papua New Guinea, as well as the aboriginis,not forgetting South American countries..This migration seems to have occurred due to a previous natural cataclysm from what i can garner,i know exploration played a part as well,albeit a lesser part..

The Toltecs seem to be shrouded in mystery? I also wonder what happened to them?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join