It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Racist Conspiracy? Why are we taught that Black Africans never formed or ruled Ancient Egypt?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Nope when you add all wars, including civil wars, Africa by far leads other continents.

There has never been a time when there wasn't a war somewhere in Africa actually.

Sure about that?

Africa was relatively equalized before colonialist forced cultural rivals to live near each other with thier "boundary lines." Where did those guns,morders come from? African conflicts are local and limited. See our native continent still has them beat. We have had 3 massive wars(iraq,afghanistan and libya) in 10 years. Thats just one country. Not a continent ONE F---kin country.

America has that entire continent beat as far as length,frequency and scale of wars.

We can also count our boundary scurmages(1812,texas republic) and foreign policy attacks.
We can count phases of wars too. Like the Iraq surge and all.

Did africans nuke civilians yes or no?

I know we did...twice.

they don't need nukes.

rwanda?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Actually, the Nubians ruled Upper Egypt for a numbers of years. Also, many Nubians held prominant positions in Egyptian office. Additionally, Nubian soldiers were some of the bravest and elite units of the Egyptian army.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Well it seems that blacks are so desperate to find good things about their history that they often push subjects like this when for other races it is not so important a subject since there is plenty of historical evidence of their past acheivements.

I'm not sure what this means beyond the premise that either their isn't alot of black dominance in history or that it just hasn't been uncovered yet.

It has been erased and suppressed. I thought you knew your history

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I'd have to add it up but there has been alot of war started in Africa and they may very well be leading the pack in that statistic if you go throughout history.

You should be banned for your trollocity (pronounced troll-ocity)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelangelo
Sounds like a bunch of crying to me.

I'm a white guy, but I've always imagined the ancient Egyptians as being more middle eastern looking.

Your Bad. Stop imagining, do some research and get some FACTS

When I learned about Egypt, the skin color of the folks was never mentioned.

You like the taste of your foot don't you

You admit to lacking proper knowledge yet you insist on "making a point".

It seems to me like black people are always blaming others for their shortcomings.

Have a good night

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Nope when you add all wars, including civil wars, Africa by far leads other continents.

There has never been a time when there wasn't a war somewhere in Africa actually.

How many African wars have affected continents outside of Africa?

Half full or Half empty

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
With all due respect to the members posting in this thread, the OP wanted to talk about a conspiracy where black skinned people (I didn't know how to phrase this) were left out of the history books. We don't need to compare white vs. black accomplishments in history. That's not what the thread is about.

I always thought that Egyptians were more 'middle eastern' looking than black. To be honest, I have no idea what is true, and am actually interested. I went to a Catholic school, and though they said Jesus was white (or implied it) that never made sense to me when I looked at a globe.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
With all due respect to the members posting in this thread, the OP wanted to talk about a conspiracy where black skinned people (I didn't know how to phrase this) were left out of the history books.

We don't need to compare white vs. black accomplishments in history. That's not what the thread is about.

I always thought that Egyptians were more 'middle eastern' looking than black. To be honest, I have no idea what is true, and am actually interested. I went to a Catholic school, and though they said Jesus was white (or implied it) that never made sense to me when I looked at a globe.

I appreciate your honesty and your thirst for knowledge. You, my friend, will go far in life.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

I'm a bit buzzed (possibly more) and all those laughing faces seem to have conspired and dredged up a rather embarrassing pants malfunction in school. I stopped sobbing only seconds ago.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

To help, black culture has featured prominantly in Egyptian history. To add, some of the most beautiful African women of the era were Nubian, tall and elegant. I have been to Nubia on more than one occasion during my Egyptian travels and I can say from experience that they are still very attractive.

We have a young admin clerk here, she is from Kenya. I tell you, she really does stop traffic. She even turns the women's heads.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I was taught in school that black Africans at some point ruled Egypt. If I'm remembering correctly, the Hyskos were the dynasty of black Africans that did. I might be wrong though. At any rate, I was taught that. I wouldn't chalk this up to a conspiracy so much as some teachers in school just don't go super in-depth into Egypt because they don't know much about it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I always thought that Egyptians were more 'middle eastern' looking than black.

That's the case today because Arabs eventually made their way down into Egypt. I read once before, years ago, that the first "real" Egyptians were probably olive skinned; much like Italians and Greeks.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Servus.

I had read somewhere that the Dogon settled in Lower Egypt before the (classic) Egyptians moved in. I will need to recheck my sources though.

Grüß

TLA

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Because the people who inhabit northern Africa are not Black... From Morocco to Egypt, they are ethnically Arab, regardless of the fact that they are from the continent of Africa.

Europeans prefer Arabs to Blacks and therefore re-wrote history? Flawed premise.

edit on 26-7-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yes its true that every culture has a centric view of things. Today we may see them suffer with drought and famine in Africa due to various political and economic reasons, but history denying the right that Black Africans couldn't have run their own country thousands of years ago sounds...well...racist.
edit on 25-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

Could the drought possibly be due to not just political and economic issues but perhaps geological or even meteorological issues????
North Africans are much fairer than there southern neighbours due to 1000's of years or interbreeding with europeans, same reason southern europeans are darker than northern ones.
Egyptians were Africans but the majority of the ruling Dynasties were not what would be typically called negroid.

I have a keen interest in Egyptian history and other than when the Nubians took over the rulers where mostly as you said in the OP, dark brown.

Ive seen other vids like yours and thought of them as propaganda. I have no agenda and am not in any way a racist, to me the color of their skin is almost irrelevant.

P.s I would have no issue finding out I was wrong

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Considering what you have written, do you have any knowledge regarding the Dogon settling in Norther (lower) Egypt?
edit on 26/7/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Same as ever

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I dunno.
The title if this thread alone seems at best ignorant, at worse an attempt to troll up some unnecessary controversy.
Obvious agenda is obvious. Sorry, not going to bite.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Personally, i think that the Ancient Egypt we see with the pyramids and such was built by a civilisation that doesn't really have a recorded account. I think that another race moved in after a certain event?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The Egyptians sculptures and paintings they did of themselves do not look like black people to me. They all look like Arab- mixed people.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Ancient Egyptians were most likely Arab, and I'm not saying that due to any racial predjucide. I'm not trying to say that Africans weren't competent enough to have created a civilization. Look at this facial reconstruction of Tutankhamun. He doesn't look African (and I don't mean the skin tone). His facial features don't look African at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join