It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Racist Conspiracy? Why are we taught that Black Africans never formed or ruled Ancient Egypt?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by tousaint

It doesn't matter what colour skin they had! There have been many great civilisations from ALL sorts of people. Why does it make a difference what colour the Egyptians were?

It makes a difference because when we acknowledge that the Egyptians were black,all of a sudden you people start talking crazy: "They were aliens".."They were arabs"..They were reptiles".."They were an extinct race".."What difference what they were",etc..Since it makes no difference what they were,just depict them as the BLACK PEOPLE they were,from now on.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

The ancient Egyptians WERE Black! Every picture I've ever seen in a history book depicts them as black, or at least dark skinned peoples. I don't get what your arguement is. If you're complaining about revisionism on Egyptian history on this site, it's a conspiracy forum, people question all sorts of stuff on here, the history of Egypt is still quite mysterious hence people like to speculate on the people who live there. We will never know for certain what the entire population of Egypt looked like throughout all periods of it's history, hence it's pointless even arguing about the race of the people who lived there.

The common sense arguement is that they WERE Black, but if someone on this forum wants to question that, I really couldn't care less because it DOESN'T make a difference what colour they were.

edit on 27-7-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It is a shame that we should have to keep arguing a point that is pretty much common sense, yet people want to take our history and make it theirs...so time to take it back with facts.

www.youtube.com...

And for the "Africans didn't have any civilizations" point:

www.youtube.com...

LOLZ!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I live in Louisiana and we were taught in high school that the Ancient Egyptians were all black and nothing but black. I can remember watching The Mummy film, thinking man Hollywood is racist.

Then I went to college and got to see pictures of Ramses and Hatshepsut's mummies.

This is Pharoah Ramses II

This is Queen Hatshepsut

This is a non-royal Egyptian mummy from Thebes

Then I saw this Nubian mummy.

After seeing this I was totally confused. They didn't look anything like Nubians.

I stared at the images for a long time, thinking this can't be right, they don't even look Semitic. They should at least look like Semites or even maybe thick curly headed Greeks.

Then I learned something totally fascinating.

The Ancient Egyptians were still here and living in Egypt today as a small minority and they have cousins in other parts of North Africa and the Canary Islands.

We know them today as the Copts. They have survived as a tight knit community over the last two millenia due to their faith, similar to the Assyrians and the Chaldeans who also still exist as small minorities in Arab dominated countries.

Like their cousins, the Berbers and Guanches, they have intermarried with migrants over the millenia, but they still possess some phenotypical traits that pop up time to time that stand out from Semitic or Sub Saharan African traits.

If one looks at Guanche and Berber mummies from millenia ago, similar style hair, skin, and skull features appear, the same kind of features found on the mummies of Ramses and Hatshepsut.

Guanche mummy

Berber mummy

I stayed open minded about the subject while I learned about it and then researched more on my own. I didn't dismiss it out of hand due to it not meeting my expectations. Instead it opened my eyes to more possibilities than I imagined before, Egypt was possibly the first multi racial/ethnic nation on earth, one nation of many peoples. For me personally, as an individual of multiple ethnicities, it was something that I came to connect with and appreciate.
edit on 27/7/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volund
The sahara is a natural border, this is why blacks are sub-saharan... it means under the sahara, i.e. south of it... where they remain today unless imported or immigrated to a better country. This thread should die, or be put up there with black Jesus. Ignorance is bliss trapping the mind of the inept, and by that I mean those that cannot advance their civilizations past a certain point without the help of other societies, take that for what you will.

Holy crap! Black Jesus posted before me!
edit on 27-7-2011 by Volund because: (no reason given)

This is a troll thread.

Racist trolls create strawman arguments to bait people into giving them validation. Say anything apposed to thier view and they scream victim/race card then start hopping around like a kindergardener. This is supposed to annoy people on purpose.

Racist troll cloned account: Well white people are [insert indirectly baiting rhetoric]....

European American poster: This is annoying this confirms what that racist guy said is true. Race card,victim card thingy...

Racist troll main account:Yes see! I told you! See!...

This stuff gets old and silly. I stopped taking it serious a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

You need to learn more about the Nubians !!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volund

Originally posted by tousaint
And I see people posting the picture of who some said King Tut looked like..Well here is a bust of Tut's grandmother Queen Tiye..Is she part of your unknown magical race too?

If you had an education you would know that the culture was diverse, not an all or none like you are trying to project. Have you studied geography? The nile goes south past [excuse the "white term"] sub-saharan Africa almost to Lake Victoria. It is divided by several Cataracts (for the ignorant that means waterfalls). So it is possible that there were some "black" people, but the society.. no way.. unless they were all killed off in mass genocide or all went sterile. Not to be rude but get an education and just go away, you're inept, really. If I weren't concerned for your well-being based on you're ignorance and therefore how you can possibly survive in the real world I wouldn't be replying to you.

The lack of navigatible rivers effected the free trade of goods and ideas from the rest of the world.

Africa was like Japan until the european imperialists came(like they came to japan).

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Volund

How very white of you..See,you whites love to try and divide the accomplishments of Africans up...You try to make Blacks from Northern Africa different from the blacks in Southern africa..But you don't do that for Europe.Anything anyone in Europe accomplishes,he is simply "white"..All europeans take credit for it.And Europeans are MORE diverse than Africans..So,trust me,lets not play the divide the continent game here.

Yeah by that logic Tiger Woods and President Obama are white.

Or are they black? Or grey...? Doh!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

reply to post by Volund

How very white of you..See,you whites love to try and divide the accomplishments of Africans up...You try to make Blacks from Northern Africa different from the blacks in Southern africa..But you don't do that for Europe.Anything anyone in Europe accomplishes,he is simply "white"..All europeans take credit for it.And Europeans are MORE diverse than Africans..So,trust me,lets not play the divide the continent game here.

while there certainly is a history in northern africa of great black influence, they are not the same. if you took an average egyptian and an average black african and tried to identify them by thier remains, forensic classifications would clearly site one as caucasoid and the other as negrosoid.

egyptians were mixed.

Kemetites(black ethiopian),Arab(current day iran/iraqi),athenian(Greek).

They were mixed. aka Grey.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
I haven't seen any effort from the people who are claiming the pyramid builders were black actually bring proof to the table...... If you are so sure in your belief bring the proof with evidence that supports these claims, I don't think anyone here claimed the builders to be white we basically agree they are of a arab descent with dark brown skin..........

So if you want to shut "whitey" up, bring all these so called facts here for all to see.....

Who uses the term "whitey"?

You mean "biegey" or "peachy"?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Until the Moors (black men)went into Europe to bring in the knowledge that would spark the renaissance era,the European had no "skyscrapers" or even paved roads..After the fall of Rome,europeans lost all civilization..But I'm moving ahead of myself.

The knowledge was always there after Rome fell, just the time was not right to use it.

That all it is really once the Romans had favorable circumstances, and after they fell others inherited those favorable circumstances... the right time....the right place...the right piece of knowledge and tools....and the will to do it. The only thing that happened after Rome fell is that the local war leaders and tribes split up and were fighting among each-other way more then they usually did, and it was more troublesome times.

As you can see on the African continent today, and in the middle east were war is predominant, everybody always bitches about the super power on the block, but remove that huge power that at least brings a kind of peace, and hundreds of little powers will spring up to fight among each-other for power.

And out of chaos comes order, because you cant build and do anything in chaos. Or do you think you can build the Sistine Chapel or any large and time consuming building while you got thousands of dudes wanting to put holes in you, and stuff just being crazy all around you.

Really who creates anything of grandeur is not what matters or is important. It really does not matter "who", what matters a lot more is... just the right time, and at the right place, with all the right tools and things and knowledge.

And anybody can do it if they have the desire and will. But without the right time and place and tools, even the greatest genius in all of history cant accomplish squat. Circumstances dictate much in all things in this world. The "who" is just a dice toss, dictated by the circumstances.

All your famous wise and powerful men are merely just those who were in the right place at the right time, and really anybody else would have done if there circumstances were reversed and they were in that place and time.

Who initiated those wars?

Compare how many wars/conflicts North america created with the whole african continent.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Now why would I be jealous of a group of people who are less than 10 % of the worlds population? You guy will damn near be extinct soon.

Now dont be jellous bro, and dont be racist. But like I said to me it does not matter, my race does not mean much to me it just is what it is, just random circumstance.

But if you want to be like that, well I to can play that game, and play it way better then you. So chill ax, because like I said in my earliear post aint none of us getting out of life... alive. And the winner for the race of the races.....Is.... none of the above.

I really could care less if my race and kind goes extinct. Though you all will really not have a easier or better time if it did, oh noz not by a long shoot.
Why? You ask. Because I know something you don't know, and great many somethings at that.

But for some reason you seem to care very much. Truly weird you are. Why so serious?

Talk to me when you invent something as great as sliced bread. Till then peace out, and have a nice day.

Prostitution,herding,fire,agriculture,spears,steel,wheels,and hunting.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I prefer to take the ancient Egyptians' own word for what color their skin was. In all of their own paintings they depict themselves as olive skinned to very pale. Just do a google image search for "egyptian painting" to see what I mean. They do have some paintings of very dark Nubians, but when they paint pictures of themselves they are always lighter skinned.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I always thought that the Ancient Egyptians would've looked quite similar to modern day Arabic people. There's no "racist" conspiracy there. The fact that some people insist that the Egyptians must have been black is akin to people claiming the Jesus was black - there's no cause for any controversy, and the reason as to why some people get so rabid about such minor details in history is beyond me.

Africa is a big continent, and as such there are bound to be physical difference amongst its human population. Not all African people are extremely dark, and some actually have relatively light skin. Also, keep in mind that the term "Caucasian" does NOT refer to exclusively northern European people. Arabic people are also caucasian, for instance.

My main question though is this: Why does it actually matter? And what the hell would give anyone any cause to believe that this subject is related to a conspiracy? If anything, refusing to accept even possibility that the ancient Egyptians were not caucasian is kind of like a conspiracy against freedom of speech by way of forcing extreme political correctness or something. "It's only racist if you're white", huh. Seriously though, the exact racial appearance of the ancient Egyptians is not very important.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
I always thought that the Ancient Egyptians would've looked quite similar to modern day Arabic people. There's no "racist" conspiracy there. .

no...they look like modern day NUBIAN people....!!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
to add....white countries did not send egyptologists to egypt to prove that they are superioir then the "eduacted" arrogant people that studied it.....to sum up, the insecurities of these people could be seen when they depict pharaohs as white/yellow...as a black egyptian myself...i think its cute and amusing.

3100 bc to 525 bc = black nubians / upper egyptains....

525 bc to 330 bc = persians..... ie alexander the great

330 bc to 32 bc = greco roman.....ie alexaander, cleopatra

2,500 yrs of black rulers....200 yrs of persian rule....300 yrs of greco roman....

the egyotologists...seeing egypt in the north full of mixed breeds got confused....or insecure...you choose.

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
to add....white countries did not send egyptologists to egypt to prove that they are superioir then the "eduacted" arrogant people that studied it.....to sum up, the insecurities of these people could be seen when they depict pharaohs as white/yellow...as a black egyptian myself...i think its cute and amusing.

3100 bc to 525 bc = black nubians / upper egyptains....

525 bc to 330 bc = persians..... ie alexander the great

330 bc to 32 bc = greco roman.....ie alexaander, cleopatra

2,500 yrs of black rulers....200 yrs of persian rule....300 yrs of greco roman....

the egyotologists...seeing egypt in the north full of mixed breeds got confused....or insecure...you choose.

peace

So I guess people are getting confused from the latter 655 years.

Oh and people migrate over the course of thousands of years.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Not that I'm adding anything new but the Egyptians were Arabs and not once have I ever saw any depictions of the ancient Egyptians being black.

This is not to say that this is a definite as we don't really know for sure because none of us were actually there at the time however I don't see any reason as to why if they were really black then we wouldn't just say so ??

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've always believed that Egypt was more of an Arab country than black despite it being a part of Africa and I can't really see it being that different back then as every other race of people at the time were more or less settled into where we are today.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Egypt was possibly the first multi racial/ethnic nation on earth, one nation of many peoples. For me personally, as an individual of multiple ethnicities, it was something that I came to connect with and appreciate.

And for some reason it took people long enough to realize that there was no "one" ethnicity in ancient Egypt. Sure there were a few predominant peoples but mostly they were mixed, and the stronger ancient Egypt was the more mixed it was due to the influx of different peoples into the empire.

It's kind of like asking what ethnicity is an american.

You go back trough the timeline and you will see all kinds of different tribes and people in power at different times, but no one single people at every single point in time in all of Egypt history. But basically the people who are there now are pretty much the decedents of those who live there back then.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Manetho and Herodotus agree that the ancient Egyptians believed in four races of man: black, white, yellow and red.

They believed that Greeks were white, Asians were yellow, and Nubians were black.

They called themselves the "Red Race," which they believed to be the amalgam of the other 3.

The Egyptians and the Romans were the two cultures that would seem to us as the least racist. Like the Romans (who had at least 4 emperors that Americans would call "Black"!), The Egyptians believed that one's origins were largely irrelevant.

Even the Hyksos, who invaded and possibly ruled Egypt for several generations were amalgamated into the melting pot of the Nile.

The whole modern effort to pigeon hole the Ancients into modern western (that is, American) categories, is a pointless endeavor, profoundly insulting to what those ancient peoples thought of themselves.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join