It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identify these lights...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hey,

So anyone who might have come across one of my previous threads will know I have witnessed lots of strange air activity here in Birmingham. This started with day light sightings of odd amounts of jets passing by, and the one day I witnessed an transparent/grey-ish orb travelling at high speed getting chased by/in persuit of a number of jets.

I've had a number of day time sightings, and so started watching the sky at night. What I have been witnessing I cannot explain.

Often (Pretty much everynight lately) I have seen huge bright yellow/white lights sitting for hours at a time in the sky, and then suddenly dissapearing and reappearing, and then the light dims and the become noticable air craft. When they begin to move they travel across the sky sometimes slow,sometimes faster (not as fast as airplanes would travel though), when they begin to move the glaring bright light had gone and they flash white/blue. Sometimes they appear to jump from place to place, although not too far. After all that (say around 30 mins of them travelling across the sky, oh and they back track on them selves, like the way a guard walks back and forth) I sometimes see the same one had resumed being a huge bright light in the sky.

In fact Its starts in the same position everytime I witness it, northwest from my house, in the direction of Selly Oak, Im in Bartley Green. I can tell this because there is a clock tower in Selly Oak I can see from my and can use as a land mark.

However, that is not all that happens, Almost around the same time the bright light starts its routine, you can pretty much garuntee someother craft is flying either above or infront of my house, say 3/4 mile away to the north, and the ones that have came above my home are hard to judge because they are silent, but seem very close, like if it was a helicopter above it would be VERY loud. Plus its dark. So I cant really perceive the distance.

Anyway these craft often have no recognisable body of mass, although they sometimes do, but if I tell you the shape me and friends "think" we can see many of you might think im trolling. ...

Sometimes they have appeared sauser shaped. Some of them more oval, the oval ones seem to have a flat backend where a planes engine would be.
Where that flat bottom is I have witnessed said lights.

Clear as day in those patterns. I've had at least 3 other friends witness and verify this also.

As I say, I witness these pretty much every night, depending on how much time im willing to sit at my window lol...I have recently been trying to video capture these things because I can pretty much predict when I will see them, I have actually got a handfull of videos showing both the bright light and the strange craft that emits red lights, However, Im not willing to share that right now because its really poor quality, and I sound like a gorm on most the videos, as I was with my friends on some of the occasions. Like I say they are really predicatable, but havent got as close as they have done in the past, so im just biding my time to get that footage that I need.

Take my word for whats its worth, I dont wanna be told how crap the footage is, so I wont waste your time...its a bummer because I only have a 6 megapix camcorder...not the best

But what I have got for you is a quick masterpeice I done to try and show you the light patterns I see and see if there is an explanation I am missing.

This picture shows the different light fomation I see on the "red" craft. The blue pattern is what I see sometimes when I look through the binoculars at the bright orange light (When it starts flashing)...and no IT IS NOT JUPITER...I already know where that is in the sky. I learnt that lesson

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/280d969fd834.png[/atsimg]

If anyone is further interested I will provide screen shots of the footage I have taken where in some cases you can make the lights out quite good, but there is that shape distortion (hexagon?) that happens due to the lens? I think.

Anyway thought I'd share...thanks for reading.

ETA: Sorry about the typos, I got lots to do before bed, had to be quick

edit on 25-7-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Hey,

I have seen huge bright yellow/white lights sitting for hours at a time in the sky, and then suddenly dissapearing and reappearing, and then the light dims and the become noticable air craft. When they begin to move they travel across the sky sometimes slow,sometimes faster (not as fast as airplanes would travel though), when they begin to move the glaring bright light had gone and they flash white/blue. Sometimes they appear to jump from place to place, although not too far. After all that (say around 30 mins of them travelling across the sky, oh and they back track on them selves, like the way a guard walks back and forth) I sometimes see the same one had resumed being a huge bright light in the sky.

This sounds like you're witnessing an aircraft's nav lights....you might find this link useful.....
Aircraft Lights

Depending on your perspective of the aircraft, the main white nav light would drown out the other lights on the aircraft, seeming like a single large white light...If the aircraft is moving towards you, it will appear to hover...Considering these lights can be seen for somewhere around 50 miles, it could seem to hover for quite some time...When the plane turns, you'll see it's other lights, but depending on PERSPECTIVE, it may look to you as if the white light had morphed, or had blue and white babies...

Other times, if it is moving towards you, it will appear to crawl or dart back and forth, when actually, the plane is just adjusting a slight left to right....

In fact Its starts in the same position everytime I witness it, northwest from my house, in the direction of Selly Oak, Im in Bartley Green. I can tell this because there is a clock tower in Selly Oak I can see from my and can use as a land mark.

If you're in Bartley Green, Selly Oak is east....Northwest from Bartley Green is Hurst Green.....This is a highly populated area....I'm sure there are airports abound...

Sometimes they have appeared sauser shaped. Some of them more oval, the oval ones seem to have a flat backend where a planes engine would be.
Where that flat bottom is I have witnessed said lights.

Again...sounds like an aircraft from 'straight on' perspective...

As I say, I witness these pretty much every night, depending on how much time im willing to sit at my window lol...I have recently been trying to video capture these things because I can pretty much predict when I will see them,

Routine flight patterns of commercial aircraft....

Originally posted by SinnyThe blue pattern is what I see sometimes when I look through the binoculars at the bright orange light (When it starts flashing)...and no IT IS NOT JUPITER...I already know where that is in the sky. I learnt that lesson

There are lots of blinky flashy (for lack of a better term) stars and planetary bodies out there....Jupiter is not alone....

but there is that shape distortion (hexagon?) that happens due to the lens? I think.

Good call...

I'm gonna tell you a secret....In a time long ago, and in a land far away (from you), i fell for this same thing.

But only once.
edit on 25-7-2011 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Could you post some of the pictures? They may just be something mundane, but I am still curious to see what the photos look like.

join