It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibles sequel, should be made? What would you have happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Pixar made 2 sequels to Toy Story, a sequel to Monsters Inc, and another one for Cars...

But the one movie that obviously ended as as sequel lead-in... What did we get? I'm sure we're all still waiting.

Then again, the first story was really fun and great and it will be a tough act to follow without messing it up.

As for what I think they should do?

The Underminer? Looks like a bigger bad than it actually works out to be. (That one video game shouldn't be cannon with the movies.) The Incredibles quickly break some of his fancy equipment and then whatever henchmen he has quit early when failure seems inevitable. Then the story flashes forward to the good stuff...

Turns out Syndrome is alive after the incident with Jak-Jak. Injured and with a few prosthesis because of the past accident, but turns out his techy zero-point gadgetry just managed to protect him from being totally consumed in the jet engine at the end of the first movie. Comes back in some different way, maybe preferring to work more behind the scenes this time around because it's less hazardous. More like Lex Luthor. But also somewhere in the movie somebody makes him come to a realization that he's actually been a super all along. He doubts at first and even does some various tests to come to this conclusion. His intellect in regards to all the stuff he's created obviously isn't normal.

As Jak-jak gets older, his chaotic nature becomes even stronger. And he has some identity issues with his powers that makes him do more and more bad things in his adolescent years. I think some kind of personal crisis in the family driving Jak-jak to doubt being on the good team would make an interesting plot device. Obviously this was foreshadowed by Syndrome's kidnapping attempt in the first movie. He may come under the influence of some baddie, but whether or not it will be Syndrome will be up in the air. Syndrome will be making another attempt to bring him into the fold though.

The parents are getting old, still very super, but inevitably age catches up with them. So more story would focus on the older brother and sister and introduction of a few other newer young supers. One of the older siblings may also be out of the picture for a time because of trying to get established on their own with stuff like college. Where it goes from there? Who knows...

What do you think in regards to a sequel being made, and what kind of plot outline would you give The Incredibles sequel if you were in charge?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's true.

"The Incredibles" was an enjoyable movie and sure seemed poised for a logical sequel.

Your storyline for a sequel seems solid. Maybe you ought to send it to Hollywood?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The same as every sequel ever made. New bad guy who kills some people then the good guy kicks his butt and saves the day. For once I would like to see the good guy loose the end battle though.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I never saw a Monsters inc. sequal.

Never thought the 1st was great though.

Have been waiting for an incredibles sequal for ages, I thought it was a given that it would come, but what 10 yrs later still waiting?

Has it been 10 yrs?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Chukkles: That long already? Geez... I guess it has gone 10 years. (I have noticed some rough edges in the CGI, after seeing newer movies. But still the story carries much better than a lot of new movies. It really does seem like a tough act to follow.)

Hessling: Plot outlines are probably a dime a dozen. It's not like I actually have a script or well thought out storyboard, just a really rough idea for something that I'd find entertaining while still attempting to follow where the first movie left off.

Also does anybody have an idea for what they'd have happen in a sequel?
edit on 29-7-2011 by pauljs75 because: minor edit

top topics

join