It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Passes The Computer Network Monitoring Law To Cleanse The Internet Of “Bad” Fukushima News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I didn't see this elsewhere, mods, please merge if it already exists.

Japan Passes The Computer Network Monitoring Law To Cleanse The Internet Of “Bad” Fukushima News from Alexander Higgins blog.

The government of Japan has issued an official order to telecommunications companies and web masters to censor reports which contradict the state media reports that the Fukushima nuclear radiation disaster is over. Japan Government Officially Censors Truth About Fukushima Nuclear Radiation Disaster

The supposedly free democratic nation of Japan, which supposedly values and promotes freedom of speech, has officially issued orders to telecommunication companies and webmasters to remove content from websites that counter the official government position that the disaster is over and there is no more threat from the radiation.

Especially concerning is the following from the Asia Pacific Journal.

The government charges that the damage caused by earthquakes and by the nuclear accident are being magnified by irresponsible rumors, and the government must take action for the sake of the public good. The project team has begun to send “letters of request” to such organizations as telephone companies, internet providers, cable television stations, and others, demanding that they “take adequate measures based on the guidelines in response to illegal information. ”The measures include erasing any information from internet sites that the authorities deem harmful to public order and morality.

So, what does this mean for the Fukushima story and our own Monster Thread? Will Japan block access to this site or contact the site owners and request that the Japan forum be taken down? Will they work with their counterparts here in the US to try and quell the information in that thread?
edit on 7/25/2011 by Finalized because: Fixed link

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
uh oh.. this can't be good.

not at all..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's not good news for the citizen's of Japan.

Russia took better care of it's people during the Tschernobyl disaster, what does that say?

M.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is a very sobering thing to read. I think we've suspected for quite some time that Governments could and did do this on some stories behind closed doors and very discreetly. This makes a first for such a thing being put out as public policy and admitted conduct in routine business. Wow.....

I guess the Japanese learned from the history books and coverage of World War II. They still either deny many of the key events of the war that Japanese forces were involved in, or if it is admitted, it said to be all twisted and Japanese forces are somehow entirely blameless in the end. Apparently Fukushima will be handled the same way. When the event is just too bad to be honest about, simply change the narrative any all information relating to it. Eventually the "truth" of the event itself changes in people's minds. Terrible thing to see here.

I use an add-on for Firefox to do this, but many different solutions are available. I think everyone needs something on their computer to capture and save web pages or entire sites as needed to the local hard drive and 100% OFF-LINE. I've been capturing and collecting for personal archives now since last year and I now have to wonder...How many Fukushima captures do I have right now on my hard drive which won't exist to find on the net in the future? Hmmm

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
"The government of Japan has issued an official order to telecommunications companies and web masters to censor reports which contradict the state media "
unquote

I was going to write a ,,long winded,expletive filled, commentary,,

do i need too?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sounds like a job for Lulzsec or AntiSec. Internet censorship at its finest. And this is something that we also need to know because it is not only a danger to them across the pond. But also for us everywhere, the northern hemisphere. The radiation is pouring down on us if you would like to believe that it is worse than it is (Which makes sense, because they haven't reporting on it for such a long time).

We dont know whats going on really, there are some reporting. We know the water there is completely messed, we know that 3/4 reactors went critical, which is extremely hard to stop. So using the powers of logic..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow!
I've heard that the Jp. Government was talking to tv and radio stations to scare them into compliance but this is a much more direct, crude and shameless measure for them to take. It is text-book C E N S O R S H I P.
And it is targeted directly to the Citizenship of Japan (and indirectly, a big F* you to the people of the world, too)

It is, indeed, a job for Bat.. err, the Louise Boat and it's pally pals!

Although, knowing the Japanese, this won't be much of a problem, they are smart as hell, and determined too.

And they are not alone.

Drakus.
edit on 25/7/2011 by drakus because: gramolamax

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is #ing insane.
They are so obviously trying to censor what happened.
This #ing angers me.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized
Will Japan block access to this site or contact the site owners and request that the Japan forum be taken down?
I tried to make sense out of the article, but what I got was that the contractor would MONITOR the internet and sites like ATS for false rumors, and report the false rumor back to the agency. It's unclear to me exactly what the agency will do as a result of receiving this information. If anyone can clarify that, please do so. I don't see them shutting down ATS. Even to restrict access to ATS, they'd have to put in something like "the great firewall of China", and I didn't find any specific details about that.

This part of the OP article I agree with:

Meanwhile, in this video, Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gundersen says it is time to stop trying to minimize the flow of information and start minimizing the radiation exposure people are receiving.

I must admit I find it annoying to see false claims being posted, however, censoring them isn't the answer. Establishing credibility is the answer, but governments today have little credibility with the people, because they haven't earned it. The Japanese government certainly hasn't earned it with Fukushima. If they really wanted to fix this problem, they'd address the reasons for their credibility problem; then when they countered the false rumors, people might believe them. As it is, a lot of people don't believe the government sources, and given their track record, who can blame them?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the VERY FACT that they want to do something like this points a very big finger, to the fact that these "so called irresponsible rumors", must be true. otherwise they would not have to resort to erasing anything contrary. if they had fact they should be able to use that against such rumors, unfortunately since anything they say can have HUGE holes poked through it, they have to resort to BANNING it.

all this is is a admission that THEY ARE LYING. it would have been far better to sadly shake their heads about those poor misguided souls that start such untrue ideas. then do a point to point reasoning as to the "facts" that these people are spreading. but i guess when all you are doing is blowing smoke, it would make it rather difficult to punch holes in the "solid" evidence that the other side is using.

i don't know why they have problems in dealing with it since they are pro's when it comes to teaching that all the Japanese did during ww2 was to try to DEFEND themselves. on second thought maybe THAT is what the problem is. they worked so hard being victims of an unwarranted nuclear attack, and how the nuclear poisoned food and water caused such horrendous deaths, that they have trapped THEMSELVES when they try to say that their food and water supply is a ok and no harm comes from eating and drinking it. wonder if they are currently busy sanitizing their school textbooks, and curriculum as well right now.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

It also shows they're scared sh*tless. Just look at this nuclear mafia octopus. Infant mortality spikes, in Philadelphia or the west coast and Wham, a tentacle comes down. Newfoundland farmers want their soil tested, and another tentacle tells Health Canada to refuse. The plume weather models. The EPA. The media. What your seeing is their fear. They're running out of tentacles, fast. Desparate damage control with nothing but a pack of lies to fight the people of Japan and the concerned people of the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Welcome to the New World Fascism boys and girls. Hope you brought your papers.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
It's not good news for the citizen's of Japan.

Russia took better care of it's people during the Tschernobyl disaster, what does that say?

M.

Seriously. Who would have thought that living in 1986 Russia would have been more pleasant than 2011 Japan during a disaster?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It sort of makes sense.

After all TEPCO is part of the larger transnational energy cartel and Japan is a key consumer of nuclear technologies marketed to the world via this body.

All of their political elite are just as beholden to the cartel money as any country's political thespians are.

None of them want the situation acknowledged, let alone remembered. They wish to 'tell' the world whats happening... without any redress, argument, or inquiry... sound familiar?

This is where those so-called heroes of the internet can make their real character known. If ever there was a chain of emails that should be made public, it should be those of the energy cartel and the government.... (which would have been nice to see with the BP spill as well) but I wonder if they will get around to it?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No surprise because the ammount of BS writing in the Internet is scare.

BTW there is a difference between keep an eye on and censor.

To me sounds more like:

edit on 26/7/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The government of Japan has issued an official order to telecommunications companies and web masters to censor reports which contradict the state media reports that the Fukushima nuclear radiation disaster is over.

Fukushima is a disaster of ultimate deadly proportions. Japanese government spreads lies to control its servants. Japan is actually punishing its inhabitants through radiation.

Not really of coarse. But I believe Japan does not have freedom of speech like the united states of america does. Well actually we don't really either, with national security and such.

Maybe what we are supposed to do is do what our buddies in Japan tell their population. The only comment on radiation disaster is a beneficial comment to the propaganda machine.

Fushima.

top topics

join