It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cenk Uygur "I Gotta Tell People The Truth! Which Is Democrats & Republicans Are Here To SCREW YOU!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The following is a clip from an interview with Cenk Uygur, the recently ousted member of the MSNBC show "The Young Turks", aired on CNN on Sunday, July 24th. A very revealing insight into how our media has become compromised and consistently fail to do their job as a check against political abuse.

I admit to being one who believes our two-party system has morphed into some sort of two-headed monster that cares little for the everyday concerns of ordinary citizens and seems to be able to operate as such right under our noses.

This is where the media are supposed to step in and call out charlatans for their behavior. Instead, members of the media have to play their cards right, or no access and thus no story. They have to "play along to get along".

Two of Cenk's quotes from the video I found particularly disturbing:

(When meeting with Phil Griffin, the President of MSNBC.) Phil Griffin: “I was just in Washington, and people in Washington tell me that they’re concerned about your tone.”

Wow! I didn't know our politicians had such sensitive feelings. More...

"Hey look Cenk, we’d love to be outsiders, outsiders are cool, but we’re insiders, we’re the establishment and you basically have to act like it.”

Time out! Right there is your problem. The media was never intended to be insiders, let alone "the establishment" when it comes to the dealings of Washington D.C..

Regardless of how you feel about Cenk Uygur's political leanings I believe this video truly captures the attitude and strategy of our modern day mainstream media. It's why I genuinely believe the media is part of the problem and no help when it comes to arriving at a solution to our current political situation.

Anyone have anything to add?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Applause.

Finally, someone breaks free from the shackles of mega media tyranny.
I just hope he doesn't have a "freak heart attack" or anything for giving the system the finger.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
To be honest, I don't think he was the anti-Washington crusader he claimed he was that was simply against the two-party system. I think he was very against Republicans and favorable towards Democrats.

What's important is that MSNBC pissed him off and now he's on our side and he can't stand left or right. I think it took this to make him see the light. I hope The Young Turks gets a contract somewhere (maybe RT) because his is a voice that is evolving and important.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think any one in the MSM who dares to break formation is doomed. It is as orchestrated as our ¨ 2 party system´ which is a classic good cop bad cop routine appealing to one leaning or another according to what propaganda is absorbed. The two quotes above are damning enough to clearly show this but for me his defining point was the dems and repubs are out to screw us all. And we are watching it happen. I wondered how long Cenk would last on the Obama network as he does rip them a new one on occasion but given the state of the State we need 500 more like him to rock their boat in a way that will make a difference.
seed

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I just wanted to clear up one issue. "The Young Turks" was never aired on MSNBC, instead Cenk had is own show on MSNBC. That being said, Cenk is the man and you can catch him on Citizen Radio sometime this week (not sure exactly when). Just head over to wearecitizenradio.com for more info on that upcoming interview. You can also check out Cenk regularly on the podcast, "Best of the Left". I'm a huge fan of independent media and am glad Cenk refused to compromise himself for the sake of staying on a major network.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cantmakedisup

Thanks for the clarification, as well as the information on where to find his ongoing shows.

It pleases me as well to see someone stand up to the bosses based upon a principle that he believes in.

Most "journalists" in the industry suffer from the Krusty the Clown mindset...

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house! I'm not made of stone!"

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ha Ha look at 5:50

The CNN host is trying to break the flow (disrupt) Cenk as soon as he start talking about bad, up to come, government policies. Cenk substance point on MSM was prooven right there.

All right.. All right ... yeah right. lol The host earphone was like ARLARMA!!! not on my watch.

MSM are all the same worldwide .. Flying in deep heavy cloud on a substance you've never tried..

edit on 25-7-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This guy is the Glen Beck of the left... Enough said...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

So where are the tears and the chalkboard? the fact you still see things in the dictated black and white format is enough said for sure.
seed

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Then either you have nver watched The Young Turks, or you have never watched Glen beck.

Cenk is more like if... Okay, imagine Lewis Black. Now? Imagine Lewis Black as a sports commentator. Now get Lewis Black the sports commentator to opine on politics. There you go, Cenk Uyger.

Glen Beck is more like a member of the heaven's Gate cult doing a startlingly accurate impression of a coyote gnawing its own limb off.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustard seed

Originally posted by hawkiye

So where are the tears and the chalkboard? the fact you still see things in the dictated black and white format is enough said for sure.
seed

You defend your "belief" in the new flavor of the month hero and I am the one seeing things in black and white.. ooooook... Nothing happens in politics and media that is not planned.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I have nothing to "defend". I have no heroes save One. And your one line responses are only indicative of a lack of thought or substance in your posts. So I stand by the statement of a black and white outlook(read tool of whoever you ascribe to)
seed

edit on 25-7-2011 by mustard seed because: proper grammar

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In one interview, I heard him say how some people felt threatened becasue he moved his arms around.

If you noticed the size of this guy, I don't doubt some people would feel threatened.

If you have done nothing wrong , you should not feel threatened.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Come post August third, everyone finds themselves with the proverbial rug pulled out from under them:

Those possessed sociopaths in "Washington" will be concerned with much more than -everyones- "tone".

"Katy bar the door".

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
How does one feel threatened by a what is basically a moving bust on a TV screen. And if this guy made folks feel threatened why do they keep that screaming drunk Chris Mathews around? I was his substance that did it nothing else. Lockstep or dropped that is the truth of this and nothing else
seed
edit on 25-7-2011 by mustard seed because: spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustard seed
How does one feel threatened by a what is basically a moving bust on a TV screen. And if this guy made folks feel threatened why do they keep that screaming drunk Chris Mathews around? I was his substance that did it nothing else. Lockstep or dropped that is the truth of this and nothing else
seed
edit on 25-7-2011 by mustard seed because: spelling

Or Bill O'Reilly, for crying out loud. That guy reminds me of every abusive alcoholic father I've ever seen my friends have growing up. It's getting to where rational personalities are being marginalized by the belligerent auctioneers. In all the media, not just "msm".

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
When the interviewer asked him point blank if they told him to moderate his political views he hesitated and then gave the vague answer that it is the "feeling" he got but would not say specifically that is what they asked him. The guy is a tool. If they did not ask him to change his political stance but to tone down his delivery then he is a complete idiot for turning them down on all that money. You don't turn down that kind of money because you "feel" they want you to change your political views on air. You ask them point blank what that means and what is it you want me to change specifically etc. This guy is not telling the whole story here yet he is now at hero status among the mentally challenged.... Definitely the Glen Beck of the left...

edit on 25-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
he's my new hero!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Cenk is not Glenn Beck. Why?

1. He doesn't cry on his show.
2. He doesn't draw things out on a chalkboard, conspiratorially, making them connect in unusual ways.
3. And most importantly, he fact checks whatever he presents, gives his opinion even if progressives & his fan base doesn't agree, and will admit when he's wrong.

top topics

join