It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change ‘threatens peace’, UN official warns!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Climate change poses a major threat to future peace and security, a senior UN official has warned. Achim Steiner from the UN Environment Programme said climate change would also “exponentially” increase the scale of natural disasters. His comments followed a UN declaration of famine in parts of Somalia. Meanwhile, Russia rejected a Security Council statement backed by Western nations which asserted the link, but later agreed to a weaker text. The Russian envoy Alexander Pankin said he was sceptical about the implications of putting climate change on the security council’s agenda. Security Council members finally agreed to a text which spoke of the “possible security implications” of climate change.

politrics.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

“concern that possible adverse effects of climate change may, in the long run, aggravate certain existing threats to international peace and security”.

Will be interesting to see how the situation rides out, doesn't seem to be getting any better

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

combine this with what they are making with the
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-7-2011 by saucerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
All this is, is an effort to give the global warming groups more power. Threatens peace? You've gotta be #ting me.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Yeah... A wetter, more green and habitable planet is sure a bad thing.

Not that this is the case since most of the warming over last decades is more or less natural, while the real long term trend is opposite.
Here is the real temperature trend over the last thousands of years: link
What we should worry about is the coming ice age which we are already due or even overdue for based on every previous interglacial over last million years.

This is all just about money and control..
edit on 25-7-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

What we should worry about is the coming ice age which we are already due or even overdue for based on every previous interglacial over last million years.
reply to post by juleol

This is what I believe as well.....

Either way....the worse things get via Mother Nature...and everything else that is going on it will come down to war. Whether it be war against another Country or your brother/sister for food and or goods.

I hope we can live at peace without Natural Disasters but this does not look the case as more and more events unfold in concert.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The "peace" aspect is just another door the global warming people want to enter to get more money and power via the U.N. I want the U.N. out of my country.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Someone didn't get the memo.

Global Warming was proven to be a hoax by the same scientists manipulating, deleting, and distorting data trying to prove it.

The UN being so interested in Global Warming is no surprise. A sham organization trying to justify a sham idea.

Makes perfect sense. Now all we need is a quote from Algore and we will all be set.

top topics

join