It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need ATS' Advice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PTPriceless

Lying in a church and with church members.....what a great start! Not!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

and yeah I'm still in my car.

Through trials and tribulations you still seek....by going to church ( I assume). Way to go!

I have been where you are and I have two children who at the time stayed with my parents for a few months. Times can be hard and it is in these times you should not only be truthful to yourself but also to others. I say....be honest in all you do. If you need to make amends then so be it....we are not perfect!!!

Also, I have found through my own experience that when I do the right thing good things always come out of a bad situation. When I do wrong ...bad things not only happen..but they tend to become worse...and then seem to snowball.

Peace and love to you!!! xoxoxox

(((HUGS))) also

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone

Originally posted by PTPriceless

Originally posted by Grimbone

Not to go off topic but did you get the job? Are you still living in your car? I do hope you used your real name when you applied for the job.

At least this girl seems to have your current unlucky situation off of your mind.

Yeah I used my real name when I applied for the job, I haven't heard back from them yet, and yeah I'm still in my car. This does have my mind feeling a little better compared to my situation.

Good to hear. Follow up on your application in a couple days but dont hound them. You sound like you have a very positive outlook. You will do fine. These bumps in the road we all go through and you will come out a better man when it is all said and done.

Thanks. Well I had the interview last week, went in yesterday and asked and the manager who interviewed me said they'd be looking over them today. So idk if I just go in later casually? Hmm. I've got a positive outlook, just need to move my car (got woken up by an actually NICE cop, who even after checking the ID and all was like hey stay warm)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

and yeah I'm still in my car.

Through trials and tribulations you still seek....by going to church ( I assume). Way to go!

I have been where you are and I have two children who at the time stayed with my parents for a few months. Times can be hard and it is in these times you should not only be truthful to yourself but also to others. I say....be honest in all you do. If you need to make amends then so be it....we are not perfect!!!

Also, I have found through my own experience that when I do the right thing good things always come out of a bad situation. When I do wrong ...bad things not only happen..but they tend to become worse...and then seem to snowball.

Peace and love to you!!! xoxoxox

(((HUGS))) also

So perhaps the cop knocking on my car door was a result of me telling the girl my Alias.

And yes, idk why, but I just had that voice go through my head, you're not going back to sleep, you're going to church.

Which situation are you referring to, using an alias, or living in a car? (Either way, sorry to hear you had to go through it too, especially with kids)

It seems to be an echoed statement. Honesty. And I find it coincidental that this happened a day after the topic of service was "Forgiveness."

Hugs

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I would follow up in person and if he seems to get annoyed, for your numerous inquiries about the position, then back off and be lighthearted about things. Grab a coke or burger, if you have the money for it. As you leave just reaffirm to him that if he needs anything or wants a shift filled, at any time, that you are his man to call. Leave it at that and he will remember you. Just make sure he remembers your name and phone number.

No matter what, do not give up if this does not pan out. Remember, you are in charge of what you make out of life. Take life by the balls and run with it. It can only get better from here!

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. We can all now resume to our regular programming.

edit on 25-7-2011 by Grimbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Lol. Persistency is a big thing with me. Sometimes I get called a persistent PITA because of it; and this has been on my brain. The girl.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just tell her you identify with both names, and the pseudonym was the one most recently used, so that's what came out. Lots of kids these days aren't as happy with their given names, and call each other by pseudonyms...no big deal.

Heck, you don't think I sign as "Gazrok", do you?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Just tell her you identify with both names, and the pseudonym was the one most recently used, so that's what came out. Lots of kids these days aren't as happy with their given names, and call each other by pseudonyms...no big deal.

Heck, you don't think I sign as "Gazrok", do you?

Yeah good point. People use an alias a bunch these days, good points and advice, thanks.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Dont make that mistake again !

Whats going to happen when the church members and her family find out ?

Bad start on wrong foot..

Get someone to charge your battery with jumper cables so it can be moved if you need to and dont run down the battery listening to talk radio !
edit on 25-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Honesty is always best in a relationship. I know, you started off being a bit dishonest, but that's not a biggie. When she gets back from vacation, just work into the conversation that that isn't your name and tell her why you use it. If she understands and accepts it, then you're golden. If she doesn't, maybe that's a lesson learned. Who knows... she might like your pseudonym better than your real name.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Dont make that mistake again !

Whats going to happen when the church members and her family find out ?

Bad start on wrong foot..

Get someone to charge your battery with jumper cables so it can be moved if you need to and dont run down the battery listening to talk radio !
edit on 25-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

It wasn't a mistake. I hadn't a clue I'd have thoughts of returning for a second week. So I chose to give my alias. Then I met the girl and ended up using the alias instead of my real name. That, was unfortunate, but I could either go with it, or tell her. The thing about the ride is, the battery doesn't hold a charge.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Honesty is always best in a relationship. I know, you started off being a bit dishonest, but that's not a biggie. When she gets back from vacation, just work into the conversation that that isn't your name and tell her why you use it. If she understands and accepts it, then you're golden. If she doesn't, maybe that's a lesson learned. Who knows... she might like your pseudonym better than your real name.

Honesty, is the best. Part of me realizes that yeah, I unintentionally conned this girl into thinking I'm a different name. I'm a smooth-talker too so getting around it shouldn't be an issue. If she understands, great, if not, then oh well. I got the truth out there.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This thread is why religion should be in question, posters saying the lie was OK...posters saying to correct it and all will be hunky dory (although the OP told a deliberate lie). posters saying it OK to lie in some situations and not others...the OP feels the need (don't BS, if you didn't feel the need to do so then you wouldn't have done so) to lie while attending a church function in the first place....

This is not directed only at the OP but the people responding as well, but do you not see something wrong with this trend of events? If you did see an issue with the blatant lie then why would you support him?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PTPriceless

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Honesty, is the best. Part of me realizes that yeah, I unintentionally conned this girl into thinking I'm a different name. I'm a smooth-talker too so getting around it shouldn't be an issue. If she understands, great, if not, then oh well. I got the truth out there.

Lies upon lies...it was not unintentional. How do you not understand that? The truth after the fact rarely ever fixes the problem. True if you never went back to the same church, she would never know. The thing is that you would and so would the god of your church.

edit on 26-7-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Serves you right for lying in church. If she doesnt accept your explanation, then you got what you asked for.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Whoa now. Yeah I used an alias; didn't think I'd be going back. What's so hard to understand, those who keep whining about me 'lying' in church.

So quick to attack, when, if you want to go all religion crazy, how about, don't judge me and I won't judge you. I unintentionally conned someone with an alias. It's slick to get out of, not really a huge deal. It's only a big deal to the few who make it a huge problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

its big enough of a deal for you to come on ats posting about it.
I don't care if you thought you were coming back or not, you lied to somebody from teh getgo, then you come on here wanting sympathy about it, and want to know what to do.
I am not religious in the least bit, has nothing to do with religion. If you are randomly showing up at churches and using fake names, you want us to not judge you? lol
So this girl is probably at church because she is religious. You are there for all the wrong reasons apparently, and most likely becuase of her religious affiliation, she won''t want to start off with a liar. Its a lost cause, get over it.
And no matter how much you try to spin it, you gave her a fake name. Its a lie. You only use an alias if your in the witness protection program or at a book signing,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Well duh idiot, I am a writer!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

posters saying it OK to lie in some situations and not others

Is your username here on ATS your real name? (probably is, actually, but up to you)

Do you consider that a lie? (a username)

Not saying it's ok to lie, but telling her he used a pseudonym and does so occasionally isn't really a lie, is it? Also, he'd be owning up to it by telling her.

I remember a few years back, when my goddaughter was a teen. She and all of her friends all went by pseudonyms. They never called each other by their real names. A lot of it stemmed from social networking sites. As minors, it wasn't safe to use their real names online, and they simply adopted it in real life also. They weren't "lying", no different than nicknames really.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join