It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need ATS' Advice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What happens when you go to church and introduce yourself using a Pseudonym just in case you don't go back? You meet a girl, tell her your pseudonym and then God shakes his finger at you ala Dikembe Mutumbo.

I woke up Sunday, wanting to go back to sleep but a voice in my head said no, you're going to church. So I did. However, I chose to introuduce myself using a pseudonym, the name I use for my writing, thinking hey, I'm probably going to be here only one weekend, so no need to tell people my real name.

... Boy was I in for a surprise....

After introducing myself to several people after service I went back into the main hall where service was held. There she was. I don't remember her first name, only her family's last name.

She's gorgeous, into sports, and her fam is going on vacation to my home state.

I was about to say my real name and then the Pseudonym was the one which came out, and idk, it sounded nicer than my actual name when she said it. I have no idea what to do. Do I just up and tell her my real name when they come back from vacation?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PTPriceless

Honesty is the best policy. If she is understanding of the facts then so be it and if not then she has very little understanding and why think any more about her in such a way as a partner? Unless of course you are ok being with someone who is not that understanding.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This doesn't sound difficult at all. Keep going by your pseudonym and then if you end up getting close (which is statistically still unlikely at this point), casually interrupt her after she says your name and tell her your real name. Make it a little joke that she's been let in on. Make yourself sound more important than you are, big writer man with the alias.

She'll be all "no way!" and you can show her your ID. If she's upset for some reason, tell her why you made up the name and act like you use it often. She doesn't have to know that you only rarely use it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Honesty is the best policy. If she is understanding of the facts then so be it and if not then she has very little understanding and why think any more about her in such a way as a partner? Unless of course you are ok being with someone who is not that understanding.

True. Honesty is the best policy; and if she understand, then great, if not, then that's fine to I suppose. I'm just having the gut feeling that I unintentionally conned her by saying my name is someone else.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PTPriceless
I chose to introuduce myself using a pseudonym, the name I use for my writing, thinking hey, I'm probably going to be here only one weekend, so no need to tell people my real name.

Well since you plan on meeting this girl again at church, let's just go with the truth. Just tell her what you said above and she'll probably just laugh and think you're more mysterious. Women like a good mystery so it's a win-win for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pondrthis
This doesn't sound difficult at all. Keep going by your pseudonym and then if you end up getting close (which is statistically still unlikely at this point), casually interrupt her after she says your name and tell her your real name. Make it a little joke that she's been let in on. Make yourself sound more important than you are, big writer man with the alias.

She'll be all "no way!" and you can show her your ID. If she's upset for some reason, tell her why you made up the name and act like you use it often. She doesn't have to know that you only rarely use it.

Thing is, I introduced myself with the Pseudonym...

to her parents as well. Yeah. That's good advice though.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

I chose to introuduce myself using a pseudonym, the name I use for my writing, thinking hey, I'm probably going to be here only one weekend, so no need to tell people my real name.

Well since you plan on meeting this girl again at church, let's just go with the truth. Just tell her what you said above and she'll probably just laugh and think you're more mysterious. Women like a good mystery so it's a win-win for you.

Hmm. Good point. Winning. Lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would have to go with keep your alias and if it ever get's a little more serious like a date or something you can tell her what your real name is and that it's a nickname you go by. Just like sometimes people use their middle name or last name. Even though that's not their "name" per say.

She shouldn't have an issue with that.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have not the answer you seek.
I do however have a question; why do you feel the need to use a fake name at a church?

Would this behavior not be considered untruthful, and isn't that frowned upon in most churches. Religious people are rather entertaining.

edit on 25-7-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by geraldcole
I would have to go with keep your alias and if it ever get's a little more serious like a date or something you can tell her what your real name is and that it's a nickname you go by. Just like sometimes people use their middle name or last name. Even though that's not their "name" per say.

She shouldn't have an issue with that.

Yeah? That makes sense. It's a good way of just slipping it into a conversation too, saying it's a nickname; if things got more serious. We'll see, there's still a couple weeks til they get back from vaca so I have time to take advice and think.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
I do however have a question; why do you feel the need to use a fake name at a church?

As I said in the opening post, I didn't think I'd be going back a second time til I met the girl (which to me felt like the Man upstairs was shaking his finger at me). I don't like using my real name in those situations, because maybe I don't choose to go back. No commitments to the church, no problems, no attachments.

Those three can be combined into one word.

Women.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yep, then like one of the other posters said make a joke about it. Be like I bet "blah" isn't your first name either, and pretend to forget her name and call her something else (oh wait you already did lol). She's laughs, thinks your funny and joking, even though you're not and you find out her first name again.

Now that's a win-win.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by geraldcole
Yep, then like one of the other posters said make a joke about it. Be like I bet "blah" isn't your first name either, and pretend to forget her name and call her something else (oh wait you already did lol). She's laughs, thinks your funny and joking, even though you're not and you find out her first name again.

Now that's a win-win.

That's a good idea. And another possible win-win. It's totally weird though. My favorite tv show is Psych; and well, I didn't think of this until after I'd got done with church and was hanging out. Her last name, is the last name of one of the main characters, and me, I chose to use a pseudonym, compared to the main character of that show being a fake psychic. So I'm thinking, boy, I'm an idiot. Lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Not to go off topic but did you get the job? Are you still living in your car? I do hope you used your real name when you applied for the job.

At least this girl seems to have your current unlucky situation off of your mind.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone

Not to go off topic but did you get the job? Are you still living in your car? I do hope you used your real name when you applied for the job.

At least this girl seems to have your current unlucky situation off of your mind.

Yeah I used my real name when I applied for the job, I haven't heard back from them yet, and yeah I'm still in my car. This does have my mind feeling a little better compared to my situation.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

As I said in the opening post, I didn't think I'd be going back a second time til I met the girl (which to me felt like the Man upstairs was shaking his finger at me). I don't like using my real name in those situations, because maybe I don't choose to go back. No commitments to the church, no problems, no attachments.

Women.

You didn't feel "Like the Man up Stairs" was shaking his finger at you when you deliberately lied to a fellow church goer? I mean this wasn't even a simple lie by omission, this was a premeditated lie......

It seems to me that you should be more worried about what your god thinks at this point than some girl...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Ya never know, brother. She might actually find that interesting. Especially if you tell her you use it for writting. Tell her the truth as to why. Then she'll know you're honest. Keep it away from her too long and she'll know you're a liar and that wont be good.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Women.

You didn't feel "Like the Man up Stairs" was shaking his finger at you when you deliberately lied to a fellow church goer? I mean this wasn't even a simple lie by omission, this was a premeditated lie......

Well gee, I didn't know I'd actually meet a girl that really caught my attention. If I didn't use my real name and didn't go back the next week, maybe they wouldn't miss ME, or wonder where I am. No hurt feelings, none of that. No strings.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone

Yeah I used my real name when I applied for the job, I haven't heard back from them yet, and yeah I'm still in my car. This does have my mind feeling a little better compared to my situation.

Good to hear. Follow up on your application in a couple days but dont hound them. You sound like you have a very positive outlook. You will do fine. These bumps in the road we all go through and you will come out a better man when it is all said and done.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Ya never know, brother. She might actually find that interesting. Especially if you tell her you use it for writting. Tell her the truth as to why. Then she'll know you're honest. Keep it away from her too long and she'll know you're a liar and that wont be good.

True, you never know. But as another poster said, honesty is the best policy. I think I should just tell her when she comes back from vaca.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join