It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quartzsite puts most of its police officers on house arrest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well if its Civil Rights yer talkin about, then the FBI has jurisdiction and should be called into the fiasco also.
The whole thing is an examp-le of how the rich and priviledged take advantage of public office.How corruption gets so entrenched in the system that the culprits are almost impossible to irradicate without some kind of huge fight.
The whole thing would be horriffic repeated on a national scale wouldnt it?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Wow this whole affair has really beguile me. I think its because here on ats we all talk about conspiracy and speculate so much. But with this,Its real and its unfolding right in front of our eyes. Its almost unnerving.

its funny because with this being real i can't help but think. Man i hope the FBI is investigating this and just bidding there time untill they have enough evidence to be 100% sure they can convict.

I hope im not the only one here who is thinking the same.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I've been trying to keep an eye on this topic because of everything involved, corruption, law violations, constitutional law violations, harrasment, political intimidation and a declaration of martial law, not to mention 42 USC 1983 violations for false arrests.

So far the city has released a statement saying the Police Chief has been cleared of all charges against him. They stated their internal investigation found no wrong doing, and in their press release they waived "attorney client priveledge" to bring that information to the people.

In the same press release, which takes the complaints filed by 10 of the towns 14 officers to task, for "lying" during the investigation. One of the more verbal critics of the chief, who had filed complaints before all of this mess started, is now the target of an IA investigation the city is conducting, in which they accuse the officer of outright lying. They also go on to state that the complaint letter filed by the "anonymous officers" is baseless.

Problem is the complaints, nor the letter were anonymous. Every single complaint turned in by an officer was signed by that officer.

Also, instead of using the State DPS to conduct the internal review, at no cost to the citizens, the city manager of Quartzite opted instead to hire a private attorney.

I wonder why??

Press release from Quartzite AZ

Apparently the city needs to look up the term liying, as well as who can claer the Chief of wrong doing. The Arizona Department of Public safety is now finally involved. They have closed out one allegation against the chief, and have afew more to go before he can be considered clear.

Some other intresting information:
Source

* - Mayor calls town meeting, city council and the city manager are absent.

* - At a City Council meeting where officers were filing their complaints, the meeting was ended early and people were told to leave or be arrested.

* - In the last 3 years, the town has gone through 5 mayors and multiple recall elections.

* - City council is so paranoid, that when the most recent mayor was elected, city council changed the city statutes stripping the mayor of any authority.

* - The city has been warned by the State as well as the County Attorney that the manner in which they conduct meetings is a violation of the open records law - The council has ignored those letters.

* - People who appear to be against the chief have been targeted for harrasment, and so far the charges filed against those people have all been dismissed by the City PA.

What did some of the council members say when confronted about the open records law violation?

In interviews, Lizarraga and Lukkasson said they do not care if some council meetings are deemed unlawful or if public-records laws are broken. Nor do they believe accusations against the police chief. In February, they extended the police chief's contract and increased his pay.

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

This is going to continue to get worse... I am curious how long its going to take before DPS or the FBI come into the town and arrest the council members and the city manager.

Quartzites bitter political feud continues - Lots of info and timeline details
Quartsite - Blog
The town of Quartsites Internal review of the Chief of Police - 322 pages
Chief threatens blog
Quartzite Police Officers Association letter requesting investigation into the chief
Info about the AZ post investigation into the chief and possible FBI investigation

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by isitjustme

because if you work a professional job (or hell for that matter even burger king) i am sure that you make more than $275 a week. plus this was used to calculate what we make a year (to keep from giving us a raise). also for the fact that it is a service that is provided to the citizens who wish for a quick response when we are called out (such as 4 days ago when an inmate subdued a guard and escaped) and they wish for us to get here geared up in something faster than my Grand Am. how about because the citizens here rose up and argued it because they want that added sign of protection in their neighborhoods? all of our problems are now because we have a mayor we fought against and now he hates us. he has a vedetta against us now and he is tearing this city down with his childish tantrum.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Listen up ATS'ers, this is a test to see just how America will act when the real deal goes down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join