It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thought For Those Who Want To "Prove" Their Religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

There is soooooo much mystery surrounding not only our Planet but the "Heavens" as well. There are many who have passed on before us that give us clues. The collective if you will. Take all the knowledge we have thus far and you will "see" and feel faith/God on so many different levels. There is no need to know the ABSOLUTE Truth because it is exposed in the soul/spirit. When we transform its apparent and not lost anymore.

There is a lot that we cannot see as we are limited...but we DO feel as we are emotional charges that produce an energy whether it be negative or positive. This too is our (Solar) System of laws. It just is. I didn't create it.....

Science is a doctrine. Practicing....experimenting....but the community is........biased.

Religion/Spiritual is biased in the belief but looks also to the "Heavens" for Scientific answers as well. They are seemingly open to the ALL....why place a limit on the works of the master Energy/God?

Light/God/Time moves at a rate we do not understand. We can't fathom the Truth.....our minds are limited and for that reason we will never know the absolute until all is said and done and we transform.

This is the only truth I know as my knowledge is limited and this is where my journey of the ALL has lead me. Am I right? No..probably not to anyone... but me.....
But as far as I am concerned I am not wrong either.

I AM. I am aware of a reality that says we are not alone. I am aware of a reality that says we have a choice. Is loving thy neighbor enough? Is believing enough? I pray that it is.

My father was a Methodist Minister and at the time he took on this profession he had to learn all denominations. They told him first off....Hell is real and it is deep in the Earth. This is where the fallen reside. Did he teach that? No......he was not allowed during those times. He lied and covered up so much that after years of dedication to Truth he left the church and became a High School Math Teacher.

Truth is everywhere.....but.....we do have to seek it.

Its unsettling to me that some do not wish to seek ...only wish to bash the seeker. What Truth is in that method?

If everyone just loved....no matter what....just showed empathy for their fellow man life would be grand most of the time and we would have more peace on Earth. Separation of the masses is just not cool....once we get it and come together with all of our differences and opinions and say you know what lets agree to disagree....it will be again....GRAND> PEACE. With silence one can learn.....we must sometimes silence ourselves, listen to others, and research their words...are they true to me??

Is Hell a real place? Has anyone SEEN IT????

LOTS of people from different Religions including atheism have gone and come back to reveal a horror. They have even come back saying it is HERE under the Earths Crust. They have come back after visiting with Jesus...not Allah....Jesus. Why do all the non believers of Jesus see HIM??? Why do a lot of people say he picked them up out of Hell when they called his name??? This is a question I think we should all ask ourselves. The answer is yours to keep and hold dear. My answer is Jesus was real and telling the truth when he said "you must first go through me to get to the father". "Believe in me".

When my step son began losing his battle with Leukemia it was apparent. It was a nightmare. It was HELL! Why do negative things happen? Negativity is all around us. WHY???? If ALL energy lives on then where does all the negative go???

Why did Joshua speak to Angels before he passed on? What was the burst of light under his bed when we prayed over him?? There were many in the room who saw it. I have seen a lot in my (only) 38 years and have lived through a lot of my loved ones passing over. I have had dreams of loved ones coming back to tell what they were doing. Energy is alive and well my friends.

We live on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Did you ever consider that maybe those posts are not intended for you? Maybe they are intended for fellow believers to edify each others faith. It may be silly in your opinion but perhaps not to someone else. The bible has something to say about this subject
1 Peter 2:15
For so is THE will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence THE ignorance of FOOLISH men:

I'm in agreement with you. What's funny is how nonbelievers feel they are the only ones who are allowed to go around stating facts. Anytime someone starts a religious thread, especially one about the Bible, who is always the first ones with something silly to say? Oddly it's a non-believer, or the same person who says they are sick of people pushing religion on them.

If they don't want to hear it then why do they comment on religious threads? If atheist are allowed to go around and pester believers then why can't other believers come to their defense? I guess as a believer I should just let my brothers/sisters get pushed around by non-believers.

And why is it that Christianity always have to be the bad guy. If I'm correct, there are other religions in the world. I guess Christianity is the biggest threat mankind has ever faced.
edit on 26-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker
If they don't want to hear it then why do they comment on religious threads?

See the last line in the poem on the first page. That pretty much explains it all.

Most of the people in this forum aren't out to prove religion. A lot of discussions would just be about details of faith but they end up as pushy because certain people seem to be drawn to discuss in great length what they proclaim to be a lie. It would be cool to see discussions about the necessity of water baptism or the pros and cons for pre/mid/post trib rapture theories but that won't happen because the discussions are disrupted. We're pushing religion? Really odd that this would happen in the Religion, Faith, and Theology forum isn't it?

If only there were a way to avoid these discussions.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

See the last line in the poem on the first page. That pretty much explains it all.

Most of the people in this forum aren't out to prove religion. A lot of discussions would just be about details of faith but they end up as pushy because certain people seem to be drawn to discuss in great length what they proclaim to be a lie. It would be cool to see discussions about the necessity of water baptism or the pros and cons for pre/mid/post trib rapture theories but that won't happen because the discussions are disrupted. We're pushing religion? Really odd that this would happen in the Religion, Faith, and Theology forum isn't it?

Yeah, I have relegated myself to posting on a "Christian Only" message board for deeper discussions into faith and Theology because they are not allowed to foster here. The skeptics will derail Theology-themed threads in the first page. I love your stickied thread dbates, to bad it only holds weight in theory.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That's easy. Simply remove all religious topics from this forum and then ban anyone who ever mentions religious text

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I love your stickied thread dbates, to bad it only holds weight in theory.

As Captain Jack Sparrow would say "the thread is more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules."

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I love your stickied thread dbates, to bad it only holds weight in theory.

As Captain Jack Sparrow would say "the thread is more what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules."

Why does that sound so familiar? Ahh, probably my imagination.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Its unsettling to me that some do not wish to seek ...only wish to bash the seeker. What Truth is in that method?

Rational enquiry is a vital tool used in discovering the truth. Christians didn't like it when Gallileo discovered his "truth", They thought the Sun revolved around the earth, they thought they were centre of the universe, they thought they were special, but Gallileo was right. His truth was more "absolute" than their narrow-minded world-view based on many answers, and not many questions.

Peace MamaJ, thanks for all the riveting information, I feel much better off now.

edit on 27-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare
reply to post by MamaJ

Rational enquiry is a vital tool used in discovering the truth. Christians didn't like it when Gallileo discovered his "truth", They thought the Sun revolved around the earth, they thought they were centre of the universe, they thought they were special, but Gallileo was right. His truth was more "absolute" than their narrow-minded world-view based on many answers, and not many questions.

Peace MamaJ, thanks for all the riveting information, I feel much better off now.

Let's not forget this famous quote by Galileo:

"The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go”.

I agree with you, Galileo was a smart man

edit on 27-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Yes - despite belief, he was still persecuted by the clergymen because of their ignorant narrow-minded worldviews.

It's ok though because John Paul II made a formal apology in 2000.
Along with a few other sweeping confessions and requests for contrition on behalf of the church.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Forget about all the God(s) and scripture and dogma of the various religions and what not... just think, do you really see no intelligence behind anything in creation? A most simple example, just look at your hands.. biological tools, you use them to eat, move things, help move yourself, defend yourself, etc.... how did such an obviously functional thing come to be if there wasn't some sort of intelligence behind its creation? I do not understand, I am truly at a loss as to how people refuse to see an amazing, powerful intelligence behind all of these things in life.. what do you attribute all of these obviously intelligence-derived functions to? You can say evolution, but even so, is there not intelligence surrounding, driving the process of evolution? A creative mind at work, constructing and designing an infinitude of clearly useful, working mechanisms? Seriously, how can you just open your eyes and take one look around you and be convinced that there is no inherent purpose or intelligence underlying ANYTHING? Is it a subconscious fear, insecurity that fuels the ignorance to not believe so you don't have to invest any effort into your life choices or world view?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Fizix

Forget about all the God(s) and scripture and dogma of the various religions and what not... just think, do you really see no intelligence behind anything in creation? A most simple example, just look at your hands.. biological tools, you use them to eat, move things, help move yourself, defend yourself, etc.... how did such an obviously functional thing come to be if there wasn't some sort of intelligence behind its creation?

The argument from design. "The watchmaker analogy":-

The watchmaker analogy, or watchmaker argument, is a teleological argument for the existence of God. By way of an analogy, the argument states that design implies a designer

The most famous argument was made by William Paley (1802) Charles Darwin destroyed that idea with his formulation of his theory of natural selection.

Richard Dawkins has a few things to say on this "watchmaker anology" too:-

Dawkins also gives an explanation for complex artifacts, one where a design is not necessary.

Dawkins demonstrates through computer simulation that "highly complex" systems can be produced by a series of very small randomly-generated yet naturally selected steps, rather than an intelligent designer.

He further claims that the watchmaker analogy is a self-refuting argument: if complex things must have been intelligently designed by something more complex than themselves, then anything posited as this complex designer (i.e. God) must also have been designed by something yet more complex.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join