It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Round mags not enough? cant make up your mind 5.56 or 7.62 ? then you need a MGI Hydra!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by macman

Hey man, adapt and overcome, the man be-damned! We did do something like that during airborne school, came across concertina wire riddled with noise-makers and flares close to our objective. The AO was cut off at the very end of one line of concertina, about 100 meters from our position. We said fudge it and just hopped on around the side, ninja'd OPFOR like they had never seen. First line of spotters looked like they saw a ghost when my fireteam popped up from the brush about 15m in front of them.

Luckily I was a lowly RTO just following my team lead's orders during that FTX. His thought was that if OPFOR is going to spend all afternoon making a barrier that is nearly impossible to cross while maintaining stealth, we'd just float across this imaginary line and give them a taste of the rogue ninja lifestyle. Apparently command knew about scorching hot lava also known as leaves that inhabited the far side of the barrier. Team lead had his B-hole puckered up real tight for that talking to.

Ya'lls stories are much more interesting however, makes me wish I had started a forest fire and smoked the bastards out or something.

Yeah, I always loved the invisible lines and boundaries.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Don't leave the vehicle unlocked, nor do you leave the spare keys at the shop.

Spent many of lazy Friday afternoons relocating vehicles for people.

Ah, fun times.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

The Q was a bitch, I always had the mental aptitude but lacked the knees required to make it through comfortably. All those chop blocks back in HS football. Made it through though, even earned the nickname robocop on my first tour in the Stan because of the two fairly large knee braces I would always sport. Fully loaded rucks and mountainous terrain did hell on my joints and ligaments.

I can relate to the "aura" surrounding brass early on. I used to sweat just seeing anyone above O-3 in the early days. To be honest with you though, I am glad I enlisted instead of trying to commission. I got what I "wanted" out of my service, which was to be at the front full-time. Can't tell you how many COs I overheard bitching about not going out as much as they wanted and being stuck with the planning and oversight as opposed to being used in an operational capacity. I miss those days sometimes, but am happy to finally be finishing up an undergrad degree and planning for a prosperous future with the family.

When were you in if you don't mind me asking. '99 to '11 here.
edit on 26-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto Fully loaded rucks and mountainous terrain did hell on my joints and ligaments.

This is where an out of the box team leader can come in handy

I bought some mules and horses - they were invaluable. I convinced Group that growing up on a farm/ranch I could handle and use horses/mules properly. Got 3 at first, then more then in the end we had almost 30, We used them all the time for patrols.

Originally posted by ateuprto I am glad I enlisted instead of trying to commission. I got what I "wanted" out of my service, which was to be at the front full-time. Can't tell you how many COs I overheard bitching about not going out as much as they wanted and being stuck with the planning and oversight as opposed to being used in an operational capacity. I miss those days sometimes, but am happy to finally be finishing up an undergrad degree and planning for a prosperous future with the family.

When were you in if you don't mind me asking. '99 to '11 here]

I sometimes wish I'd have stayed enlisted primarily because I missed out on the few years I had to do as a basic branch officer in MI. Although I have to say being double tabbed - CIB MI Lieutenant I didn't have to take much crap from anyone and I got some good choice assignments.

I was able to get a BA while on active duty and always encouraged others to do so. 100% paid with Army tuition assistance. I always encouraged my team to pursue their education and took great lengths to protect their school time – sometimes against the Senior NCO’s. I was the "proctor" for numerous of those tests and stuff for the on line schools. While its value of an online degree itself is dubious to some – for the Army it’s the paper that matters. At least they were more likely to get promoted to the SGM/CSM level if they get their papers. Had a couple go the warrant route as well. I Always encouraged education. Much to the chagrin of those who view the Army as uneducated brutes – I think 8 of my Soldiers got their degrees over the time I was in Command of a Team.

I would have liked to be a Team Sergeant but I was an 18C and my chances were probably pretty slim. I'm sure you know the Team Sergeant politics game as well as I do - probably would have ended up at the school house or as a 1SG/SGM in PSYOPS more likely.

Ended up being an officer worked out for me as I broke my neck on a HALO jump and if I'd have been enlisted I'd have been retired or at least reclassified. However, as an officer there is always room on special assignments and stuff - staff and other places where you can work while getting it your mojo back.

I was Active from 1984 to 08 24 - years. That was plenty – my body was worn out to be honest.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

You know, it's people like you that may lead to the death of the second ammendment. I agree that there should be gun laws that prevent criminals from buying weapons. I am a big supporter of the NRA (National Rifle Assotiation) And I believe that as American citizens It is our job to protect and manage the 2nd ammendment.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bloobblob

Ya know the NRA isnt just about guns... they are key in preserving our wetlands as well as keeping wild-lands wild... but the one thing I will always remember most is how they went to bat for the "Super Soaker"

a group of concerned citizens called for a ban on those super annoying squirt guns... fearing ne'erdowells would fill them with muriatic acid and cause great bodily harm... for a time there was a ban of the fun summer toy... but in steeped the NRA and took the ruling back to court...

funny thing is... there was never any reports of anyone anywhere ever being injured with an acid filled super soaker...

The sitting judges, in a 6-3 decision, upheld a lower court ruling striking down the ban on lethal ‘super soakers’. They said citizens had a right to carry water pistols filled with highly corrosive solutions for personal use.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bloobblob

Anti's are merely uneducated fools that fear an inanimate object, that refuse to come to terms that legislating possibilities never work.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

But it worked so well for alcohol, drugs and speeding on the interstate. What bad could possibly come from enacting strict firearms legislation?

Won't you ever learn to tell other people how to live mac? It makes life so much less complicated!
edit on 29-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by macman

But it worked so well for alcohol, drugs and speeding on the interstate. What bad could possibly come from enacting strict firearms legislation?

Won't you ever learn to tell other people how to live mac? It makes life so much less complicated!
edit on 29-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

Yep, you are right. I will now go to the corner and cry in shame.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
funny thing is... there was never any reports of anyone anywhere ever being injured with an acid filled super soaker...

There never has to be even one instance of something happening for congress to act against it.

Nor does a thing ever have to exist at all.

Teflon coated vest penetrating bullets for example.

Or magic ceramic guns that are undetectable.

Some spooks are more literally phantoms than others but all are dangerous to liberty.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
not good enough

i want a gun that i can load up with any ammo...

i mean from a bb pellet to a 50.cal round

i mean everything inbetween

i don't want any additional addons either

i want a gun with a empty case that i can empty any type of bullet i please and it will arrange them accordingly on the fly

hell i want to be able to mix and match bullets while im shooting

also a gernade launcher with laser site would be nice included with it

untill you have this gun ... all other guns are obselete primitive weapons

good day

What your looking for is a slingshot. I believe it will do everything you ask for.
Velocity is kinda low though but it fill fire anything you put in it from .22 short to .50 BMG.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join