It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't hate the players. Hate the haters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
have you noticed this continuing trend just to hate for the sake of it?

people come up with all kinds of reasons to just stick the boot in whenever they can.

question is why? is it the education system?

are people just naturally vicious/stupid?

what causes people to not be able to accept and instead, hate for the sake of it

i don't post often, so forgive me, but I see so much negativity, hate and crap these days and I gotta wonder what changed, why it changed and if it can be changed back.

your thoughts are much appreciated

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hate is learned....I think.

It can be taught to children at a young age and if their little spirit does not fight it then they succumb to it.

I like teaching people how to not only change their way of thinking but also how to communicate with love. I think I am good at it at times....

Maybe I could get paid for it instead of being a Realtor and working for free. I counsel clients a lot and more times than not I never see a penny.

When on this site I do see a lot of negative people eager to hurt someone with their words....when in silence they may have learned something, or at least not put their negative energy out all together.

Its sad but this is the world we live in and I think it is up to the receiver of the negative to show compassion with their words (love) back to the one that delivered the negative words. Make sense?

When two people argue they are equally wrong. When someone hurts you it is easy to hurt them back but wisdom teaches to turn the other cheek by providing back loving words or nothing at all.

That is a challenge....for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Moon Knight

The question of why people hate reveals the answer when people feel hate. The stirring you feel with hate revealing it's self with you hating what you perceive to be negativity is the same feeling. It's hate.

People feel hate when they hate the haters.

People feel hate when they hate negativity.

The same emotion that the haters hate is the same emotion that those that hate the haters hate in their emotion.

So we all feel hate but have different ideas about what we hate. What is viewed to be positive and what is viewed to be negative is the real question.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Continuing trend? No. I think humans have always been this way for the most part and at the risk of being negative myself, I don't think it will really ever change.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
you wanna know why humans are like that ?

Because they are sick and tired of being lied to over and over and over and over again!

People are pissed off about being minipulated over and over again...

People grow up from little kids and learn the whole world is nothing but lies sugar coated......

can you blame them for being so negative with every tom dick and harry that comes along professing the truth ??

of course not ....

People are sick and tired of being lied too... PERIOD

Its gotten to the point where soon as you open your mouth people are aggitated

Why?

Because as soon as a human being moves his mouth you know the lies will come pouring out

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

The only way I see a change is on a massive scale. Something sooooo dramatic that the entire world could see/view some way. Something that is soooo dramatic people in general would have enough empathy to feel love (opposite of fear/hate).

It will come sooner or later.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Interesting topic. Thanks for bringing it up.

While there's no clear-cut answer, I consider the popularity of reality-shows a good example which parallels this in many ways.

Many people don't watch those because they have a deeply vested interest in what's going on. They watch them because the get enjoyment out of watching someone else who enjoys more success than them, stumble, fall or fail at something. This in turn helps them forget the miserable life they've built for themselves for just a few minutes each episode
edit on 25-7-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

For this reason If my children are old enough to ask a question they are old enough for the Truth....and nothing but. If everyone started at home....by the time kids grew up they would have been taught to not only tell the truth but to be open to it once asked.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I've thought about that myself.. but again, I'm being cynical, I don't think the peace and love would last very long. Unfortunately, I'm convinced utopia isn't possible. Humans as a collective are by nature violent, cruel and destructive. Those animal instincts are as much apart of us as breathing and eating it seems.

new topics

top topics

join