It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Space Race as US Retires Shuttle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Source: www.smh.com.au...

AS NASA retreats from an ambitious human spaceflight program for the foreseeable future, other countries are moving ahead with multibillion-dollar plans to go to the moon, build space stations and even take the long voyage to Mars.

China, India, European Space Agency, Iran, and Russia have all decided to pick up their space exploration from sending their first man into space to heading to mars in the wake of the decommissioning of the Space Shuttle program.

Further reading(although these articles are word for word the same as all the sources in this post, each one adds just a little new information):
articles.latimes.com...
www.montrealgazette.com...
www.livetradingnews.com...
dailynewshut.info...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

You know what I think? US aren't retreating from spaceflight. They retreat from using 'stone age' technology. Why?? Because they have a new kick ass technology (proubably from aliens) and they are proubably right now exploring the universe with flying saucers and other '#'.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fichorka
reply to post by IPILYA

You know what I think? US aren't retreating from spaceflight. They retreat from using 'stone age' technology. Why?? Because they have a new kick ass technology (proubably from aliens) and they are proubably right now exploring the universe with flying saucers and other '#'.

I wouldn't go quite that far. The line is the shuttle was 70's technology and the shuttle's replacement is a freaking 60's era rocket concept they have yet to test. So yeah, I'm sure they have something better if the military gets the x-37. The question then is what do they have and when can we see it?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
I wouldn't go quite that far.

You're right, I would go even further. Phil Schenider is known Scientist, archeologist and metallurgist who assisted in building Area 51 and other underground facilities.
One of his most important qoute is:

For each year 'in our reality' that comes, military technology is being developed for approximately 44.5 years in advance.

His documentary "unerground bases"
Phillip Schenider

Oh, yeah I almost forgot. Schneider was found dead in his apartment on January 17 1996 Some suggest Schneider was murdered!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
On the one hand I commend and congratulate any country who manages to land on the moon.

On the other hand, I imagine the first words out of their mouth would be:

"Yay, we made it!.......Uh, I guess the American's were right, it's just rocks; probably could have googled it"

edit on 25-7-2011 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fichorka
reply to post by IPILYA

the USA is about having the advantage, the drop, on every one else in every field. If anyone thinks for one minute the top brass of the military and the business minds of the govt have just decided to give up the space race advantage then think again. they can probably take the foot of the gas where space tech is concerned cos there so far in front of everyone else. They aren't going to let any other country for one second get a dominant, controlling foot in space. It's all part of whatever plan they have and I don't think for one second the powers that be in the USA have just taken a step backwards, a pause maybe but not a step back. just because the public don't get to see what they have doesn't mean there isn't anything.
in my unsubstantiated opinion of course.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

I agree with you to some extent, however I also think that the government has gone so far into the future with technology that they are still 50-75 years ahead of the private sector anyway; so public space agenda is not really an issue for them until it starts to advance to the level they have now.

Remember, the Blackbird was flying in the early sixties on recon missions and in high orbit even when it's existance wasn't made public until the 80's.

I'm sure they have a few aces up their sleeves, but they won't show them until everyone else at the table has a possible flush draw.

King

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
What happens when you mix a NLSI presentation from July 2011

with this guy?

Charles Bolden is a Major General and ex-astronaut, he commanded the I Marine Expeditionary Force (FWD) in Operation Desert Thunder...

Operation Desert Thunder was a response to threats by Iraq's president Saddam Hussein to shoot down U-2 spy planes, and violate the no-fly zone set up over his country.

A NEW SPACE RACE FOR THE MOON

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is some historical background for this New Space Race and the new Race to the Moon.

President Barack Obama put Charles Bolden Major General and ex-astronaut in charge of the covert space program for a single reason - to protect and defend the Apollo Heritage Sites recently declared as "Keepout Zones".

Although this seems like a subtle request from the space agency we should first understand something : the DoD is running NASA right now. There is something on the Moon which is so important or disturbing that it represents a grave and serious threat to United States national security.

The recent GRAIL mission of twin satellites are equipped with lazers. Those lazers represent United States military assets and in 3 months they will be orbiting the moon - actually - they will be ON PATROL for the Pentagon.

DoD has in the past few years done amazing field work with drone technology which is directly transferrable to the space warfare environment. There really is no question that DoD could patrol the entire moon using a multiple platforms therefore establishing space dominion over the Moon.

The "Keepout Zone" is a warning from the Military Industrial Complex for other space adventures to do just that KEEP OUT/

top topics

join