It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Pyramids of Egypt be destroyed by the end of this year?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This thread is not an attack to the general Muslim people, but to the political ideologies of the extremist Muslim Brotherhood organisation in Egypt. I don't mean to cause any offence to anyone and hope we can have a rational discussion about this.

Historically, the majority of ancient temples, scriptures and books have been burnt and destroyed by the Abrahamic Religions during the Dark Ages of Mankind. In consequence, many pieces of human history have been lost forever thanks to the ignorances of medieval Christianity and Islam.
There is a possibility, that the Grand Pyramids of Giza, Egypt, will too be gone by next year.

An extremist organisation called the Muslim Brotherhood has been rapidly gaining power ever since the Egyptian Revolution of 2011. An organisation known to use terrorism, assassinations and political lobbying to achieve its goals, they are expected to make massive gains during the Egyptian elections this October/November 2011.

Why would they destroy the Pyramids of Egypt? Lets take a look at history.

1) Many ancient Hindu and Buddhist temples were destroyed during the Mughal Invasion of India

2) The Library of Alexandria

In this Historia Compendiosa Dynastiarum he describes a certain "John Grammaticus" asking Amr for the "books in the royal library". Amr writes to Omar for instructions, and Omar replies: "If those books are in agreement with the Quran, we have no need of them; and if these are opposed to the Quran, destroy them." Although the destruction of the Library by Extremist Muslims is widely debated today, you can decide for yourself on what you want to believe.
en.wikipedia.org...

3) The Taliban destroyed Buddhas of Bamiyan in 2001 (Buddhism was spread throughout Afghanistan, ended by Islamic invasion)

I'm not saying that the Muslim Brotherhood will destroy the Pyramids if they came to power in Egypt, but what do you think?
edit on 25-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
They wouldn't be that easy to destroy.. Nature has failed in 5,000 years so I doubt a few men with primitive tools would be able to achieve it...
Even with the most high tech equipment we have would be some mean feat.. Even if you were to use bombs, with the tech they have only a nuke would be able to destroy them entirely..
Destroying the great pyramid is clearly different to burning down a few temples..

Having said that, they would more likely use them as a symbol of their power.. So don't worry people, no need to rush to Egypt yet..
edit on 25/7/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Are you a fear monger?

I think you are.

Why else would you use examples of hundreds of years ago?

Why are you comparing the Taliban of Afghanistan(who were funded and trained by the US) to the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt?

Do you think these people are idiots? Do you understand how much revenue the pyramids bring to Egypt?

Better shift your focus to weapons manufacturers if you want the world to not crumble. Of course, you should note that this could get you killed.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Another reply to just state, this thread is the epitome of ignorance.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I was just wondering about the possibility of events should the Muslim Brotherhood come to power. I'm not saying THEY WILL destroy the pyramids...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Are you a fear monger?

I think you may be correct in your assumption there..

Ignorance and a clear lack of knowledge..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

No, they are an important part of Egypt, culturally they are a symbol of their nation and generate huge income. It won't happen, there is nothing to gain from destroying them.
edit on 25-7-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I salute you for having the confidence to post this nonsense...

Where did you come up with this? Like really, I can't imagine how you got this one together. I mean..... UGH I can't even intelligently debate you because the op lacks intelligence!! WOW!!

I'll have to come back to this one...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
While I doubt they can/will destroy the pyramids in egypt. I can very much see them restricting access to the sites. Hate to break it to you folks but "sharia" is not real big on tolerance. It depends on which way Egypt falls really. Please do not think for a moment the revenue from tourism means anything to a "hardline" muslim or to any "harline" religion for that matter.

The pyramids lasted for centuries under muslim rule in the past, so it stands to reason they will continue to be there. However we are not talking about the muslims of the first or second Caliphate.

** To some of the posters: Why do people just jump to name calling and belittlement rather than explaining in a rational way what they believe? Does calling someone ignorant somehow make you less ignorant? We would all be better served by teaching and removing a lack of knowledge, than we are by shouting down a poster with a question.**

Better days,

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

To some of the posters: Why do people just jump to name calling and belittlement rather than explaining in a rational way what they believe? Does calling someone ignorant somehow make you less ignorant? We would all be better served by teaching and removing a lack of knowledge, than we are by shouting down a poster with a question.**

First we have the epitome of ignorance now we have the audacity of ignorance presented to us.

If the OP is posting with intention of painting a population one way then there is no educating to be done. There is only pointing to ignorance and ignoring to be done. Why do you get your panties in a bunch about us pointing at the OP and not about the OP pointing at MILLIONS of people? Do you see the issue there?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Egyptians would not stand for this. The Muslim Brotherhood knows that to attempt to do such a thing would incite far worse discord / riots than we are seeing right now. They depend on the support of the population to maintain power. To destroy the pyramids would be politically disasterous.

Now, on to your statement that Library of Alexandra was destroyed by Muslims. The account of the Muslims destroying the library was first told by a Christian, anti-Muslim Bishop 300 years after the library was destroyed. The widely held belief is that Christians destroyed the Library and this is not "widely debated".

ehistory.osu.edu...

So, allegedly, all the texts were destroyed by using them as tinder for the bathhouses of the city. Even then it was said to have taken six months to burn all the documents. But these details, from the Caliph's quote to the incredulous six months it supposedly took to burn all the books, weren't written down until 300 years after the fact. These facts condemning Omar were written by Bishop Gregory Bar Hebræus, a Christian who spent a great deal of time writing about Moslem atrocities without much historical documentation.

Although there are different accounts of the destruction of the Library at Alexandria, they are not "widely debated". The widely held belief is that Christians destroy the Library. But the differing accounts all come from people who have an agenda, such as yourself, apparently. I apologize if you are simply ignorant of this but in any case you are furthering a anti-Muslim agenda.

So who did burn the Library of Alexandria? Unfortunately most of the writers from Plutarch (who apparently blamed Caesar) to Edward Gibbons (a staunch atheist or deist who liked very much to blame Christians and blamed Theophilus) to Bishop Gregory (who was particularly anti-Moslem, blamed Omar) all had an axe to grind and consequently must be seen as biased. Probably everyone mentioned above had some hand in destroying some part of the Library's holdings. The collection may have ebbed and flowed as some documents were destroyed and others were added. For instance, Mark Antony was supposed to have given Cleopatra over 200,000 scrolls for the Library long after Julius Caesar is accused of burning it.

edit on 25/7/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I think you know pretty much nothing about the Muslim Brotherhood, except that they're Muslims, and Muslims = SCARY EVIL TERRORISTS!!!!

You can try to preface your post all you like, but really, this is what you are going on. In the eighty years it has existed, the Muslim Brotherhood has never shown any animosity towards Egypt's cultural heritage, even where it is "pagan."

Labeling the organization as being "extremist" is rather ludicrous, as well. Especially if you're holding them up to the likes of the Taliban.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

HAHAHAHAHA

You are correct. We cannot teach a person that is anti-muslim. Just as we cannot teach a muslim apologist.

Better days,

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Zamini

I was just wondering about the possibility of events should the Muslim Brotherhood come to power. I'm not saying THEY WILL destroy the pyramids...

It is almost as likely the US will destroy them by accident.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by Zamini

HAHAHAHAHA

You are correct. We cannot teach a person that is anti-muslim. Just as we cannot teach a muslim apologist.

Better days,

What is a muslim apologist and why the Better days?
Posts are not the same as letters to your friends... there Hemingway.
Nice touch of superfluous ornamentation and mediocre wishing.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Muslim apologists?

Those telling you not to hate?

Really? Are you that #ing delusional?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Muslim apologists don't automatically condemn extreme Islamic ideology, like those within the Deobandi movements.

Apologists for Islam have defended the Quran using rationalist and empiricist arguments, and using cosmological arguments in an attempt to prove God's existence. Islamic apologists have also challenged both Jewish and Christian beliefs. The late South African Islamic apologist, Ahmed Deedat, was a prolific popular writer who debated Christian evangelists by arguing over discrepancies in the Bible.

edit on 25-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

Muslim apologists don't automatically condemn extreme Islamic ideology, like those within the Deobandi movements.

And now it's back to semantics?

The poster who said apologist is talking about all those here who are saying; stop the hate.

Also, how does one call a knowledgeable person on the matter an apologist?(in the piece you posted) That REEKS of discrimination.(not by you, but by those who pointed to him as an apologist)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

stop the hate

Grow up, I never incited any hatred.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

You also never followed a class of reading comprehension. But then again, you're only here to attack aren't you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join