It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

giant worms make tubes on mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by moranity1
oooo cant ya ask em for me, kangaxx, i dont know any "real" aliens???

have you any interest on the topic subject?. or just want to play jokes?

do you know something about a "official" statement about this pics?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

if they are dune worms, bagsey first on the spice

You may not have the spice until you

Put your hand in the box

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE PLANITIA UTOPIA!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Der Kaptain...please prove your point then, and give us some links or book titles to back up your claims. I have studied these pictures intently, as well as Earth formations and while some of them do appear to be completely natural, some of them also appear to be artificial.

Who's to say Mars is not teeming with life, afterall NASA has captured nearly conclusive evidence of plantlife on Mars:

There are other images of this if you look them up...some are closer than this one as well!

Not the best site, but does have a few descent pics...Im sure there are better ones, as I have seen them before:
www.ufovideo.net...

[edit on 15-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
*grabs reverand mother's breast with other hand and shouts "I AM AN ANIMAQL GRRRRR"

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't know what those thinks that look like tubes are, but the things across the "tubes" that look like ribs apear in many places in Mars.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
right time to be serious
firstly sorry kangaxx, for teasing you, was just teasing, was in a funny mood. No, i have no idea what the "official" line is from NASA on this discovery although the official site for mars surveyor
ida.wr.usgs.gov...
has many high quality photos of the "tubes", if ya look around, is best to get reference numbers for the photos, from first site i posted
www.ebtx.com...
and look up those pics.
this seems to me a very important discovery and definitely in need of some explanation...
as for the cause, seems to me most likely is some sort of volcanic "lava tube" type structure, the way they are seems to rule out the "sand dune" explanation,
but im open minded on the idea of them being created by a natural mars life form or some other life form, if anyone does have more solid knowlege, as to what the caiuse of these phenomina are, i would be very happy to see it.....

seems to me this is strong evidence of possible life on another planet

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

right time to be serious
firstly sorry kangaxx, for teasing you, was just teasing, was in a funny mood. No, i have no idea what the "official" line is from NASA on this discovery although the official site for mars surveyor
ida.wr.usgs.gov...
has many high quality photos of the "tubes", if ya look around, is best to get reference numbers for the photos, from first site i posted
www.ebtx.com...
and look up those pics.
this seems to me a very important discovery and definitely in need of some explanation...
as for the cause, seems to me most likely is some sort of volcanic "lava tube" type structure, the way they are seems to rule out the "sand dune" explanation,
but im open minded on the idea of them being created by a natural mars life form or some other life form, if anyone does have more solid knowlege, as to what the caiuse of these phenomina are, i would be very happy to see it.....

seems to me this is strong evidence of possible life on another planet

Thx for the info about it friend.
i will see if i get something more on google related to this, and diferent from what is posted already, it is a interesting subject ! thx for sharing that

[edit on 15-8-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wow, I'm honestly uprepared to respond as I am at work and all my materials are at home. I'm not a die hard skeptic, but the formations are not that odd to me. I do have some knowledge of geology. I have not seen the pic posted on your response before. I need to look into that. I all mean is that the formations on mars are consistant with what we find here. Extrordinary claims require extrodinary proof. What I claim is not extrodinary.

[edit on 15-8-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I cant see any resemblance between what we have on earth and the photo of the tube on mars. Notice the glazed look it has.

It reminds me of a chickens leg.

It has been likened to the marks that were left behind when mining companies used huge floating dredges to reach the last of the gold in the Klondike, Canada. The "tubes" may be the remains of an alien infrastructure.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

www.mactonnies.com...

[edit on 15-8-2004 by kode]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I knew I had seen more things like that.

See this pictures, this things look like the tubes, but as if the tubes are below them.

sp121105a
m0000147a
m0000213d

I don't have any idea of what this may be.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hopefully, we can get some mpg of those worms moving and digging the ground

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
no worms... simply geographical anomaly, which requires further investigation.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
yea, now that i look at them they look more like mountains.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think, those two dimensional photos are not good enough .... yet. I am afraid, those "worms" won't be shown to the public if they are real.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe this could help...

m0000732

or maybe not.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Giant worms on Mars that would be cool, But I would be happy to find a microbe in a under ground lake on Mars that would be sweet. Whats would be strange about a Giant worm type lifeform is that if they say lived on earth at the same time as the dinosaurs since they have no bones their wouldnt really be any fossils right? There would have to be a really lucky event to leave any trace of them. The Megladon (spelling) Is a good example of this as the only reason we even know they existed is that they have teeth and Jaws made out of bone and thats all we ever find no bodies because like moderen sharks they have no bones in their bodies just in their teeth and jaws.

I wonder what animals might have lived on Earth or Mars that we will never know about.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
WOW
unfortunatly, if they are something of 'importance', i don't think we will ever find out what they are 'cause nasa/govt will never reveal it. imagine the implications if these are some type of life..dead or alive..new or ancient???
sorta funny that these 'things' have not be addressed yet by nasa. i think it is time for ATS to do its thing..sorta like the color or lack-there-of the original mars photos. i would like to hear the story nasa will tell about these ...shall we say...'features'
EXELLENT FIND

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If that where worms, imagine the size of the fishes ...

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
K...could someone post pictures of the same thing taken of Earth by satellite? I wanna see them....the ones on Mars all look the same....would there not be any inconsistencies if done by wind and weather? Tryin' to learn here guys!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join