It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your Theories on Ghosts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I have seen at least most of the ghost investigation shows on TV, I don't watch any of them regularly, but I've seen a lot of episodes from these shows. I've seen them enough to where, if I knew they were all sincere productions, I'd be pretty convinced that ghosts are a real phenomenon. I also follow this forum closely and I've read many of your experiences. I've seen lots of video and photo evidence but I have no way of knowing the authenticity of anything I've seen or read. I've had a few weird experiences in my life, but nothing that has me convinced that there is no rational explanation for, but still I am interested in learning more about the subject.

What I really have trouble grasping is a single coherent theory about what exactly is going on. I don't know enough professional investigators to find out if there actually is a popular theory out there that makes sense to me. Here is what it looks like to me: Our ultimate destiny is to live a short life, lose our bodies, and then we exist for eternity as mostly invisible energy that appears confused, incoherent and seemingly less intelligent than when we lived. That is what I gather from watching ghost hunting programs. Most spirits seem to be unaware that they are dead and are unable to relay any worthwhile information to ghost hunters. As desperate as we are to uncover the answers, they seem extremely reluctant to offer any (outside of mediums I suppose).

So what theories have you heard or believe in that make sense to you?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Ghosts are in the "Perdition" type stage. I'm not religious, but I do believe in some sort of soul process. This makes some sense to me, the ghosts that exist in our consciousness are either created by our inability to move on from something (hallucinations), or if they are physical being that many can see it is a soul that truly cannot make he transition from "alive" to "dead". This is perhaps why they are mischievous, sometimes dangerous, and somewhat "stuck" in who they are or who they communicate with.

Does that make sense? There is no objective way to answer

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i never believed in ghosts until i had several unexplainable things happen in a building i bought.

now i know there is something strange going on !!

my guess on what they are and how they do things has something to do with dimensions...either stuck between 2, or being able to pass through them.

time does not seem to be factor, which helps the theory out.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Also, regarding what you were talking about more of in the first paragraph, I know a couple of paranormal investigators and I have heard the audio and seen footage, and I know these people are honest, and have good actual physical data to support their claims. However, the moment they went on a tv show once, their words were twisted to make the ratings go up. It is hard to trust the tv stations out there, but I have faith that truth exists elsewhere when you seek it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Although i have seen some "unexplainable" things happen, which could easily have been attributed to ghosts, or spirits, i am still a bit sceptical.

My theory regarding ghosts is that in most cases i think these ghosts or spirits, is a manifistation of the individual's observing them, own thoughts, and feelings, being manifested in an almost physical form. In other words, what the individual is seeing, might just be what that individual wants to see.

I believe that us living souls, create ghosts or spirits, unknowingly. It is because of us, that there are ghosts or spirits, and not necessarily because they want to be here.

vvv

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well based on my experiences, theres definitely something going on. To what that might be, I don't make many claims. I believe the most popular theory that ghost are the spirits or energy of a person is plausible. But I think there are plenty of other options to take into consideration. Could they possibly be people or some sort of other being stuck between dimensions? Or maybe they are beings that belong to this dimension/planet, and they are sort of like another species. A species thats somehow poses abilities not elsewhere seen that we attribute to being ghosts, abilities like invisibility, going through walls, appearing and disappearing, interacting with electric devices. You know, like they are just another species living on this plants no different from us than they are from animals to us. Now this one i don't subscribe to but I like to keep an open mind, maybe we all live in a hologram and they are just glitches and thats why they seem the way they do, If you've ever played video games you'll know that a lot of it seems like glitches you would see. People disappearing, being see through, random noises or things moving for no reason, distorted voices or sounds.

Anyway I'm just throwing out some possibilities, and like i said I don't make many claims. Cheers!

Edit: Maybe we really are just seeing things.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Nomzy because: Extra comment.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Photos in time.

When an event creates the right sort of energies, that event gets record like a photo or video recording.

The right trigger can then set that recording to be played back & appear as what some people call ghosts.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

You can't have a "theory on ghosts" without attacking the whole question of life, death and spiritual existence.

The average person is NOT vary aware on these levels. One way to learn more is to read books or listen to interviews with people who ARE more aware on these levels. A lot of work on this has been done with children, as they, as a group, tend to be more aware of these things when they are young. This awareness usually wears off as they find "more important" things to think about.

My first data about this was from Scientology. It's a good source for empirical (experiential) data on many spiritual subjects. Some don't like its theory, but what good is theory if you can't demonstrate it empirically?

This data aligns well with what most down-to-earth psychics believe based on their own experiences, so to me it has good credence:

The source of all life, consciousness, and perception is a "nothingness" we usually call the spirit or the soul.

This being, in making its way through the many and varied experiences of life in a physical universe, can become quite confused, and its perceptions considerably masked. It can get so bad that the being no longer believes in its own existence and can recall nothing of any past lives. In this state, many beings find themselves suddenly dead, and perhaps grievously wronged, and are not willing to leave it alone and move on to a new life. They become fixated on the injustice surrounding their death and hang around troubling anyone who notices with the mental images of death, pain and agony that they feel trapped in.

If spoken to calmly but sternly by someone with good psychic abilities, they may be persuaded to leave and go on their way. If this never happens, "ghosts" may hang around for literally centuries, and have been known to.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
reply to post by MrAndy

You can't have a "theory on ghosts" without attacking the whole question of life, death and spiritual existence.

Yes you can. I gave two of them. Theres no proof that ghosts are spirits or have anything to do with human souls, that itself is just the popular theory.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Nomzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
Photos in time.

When an event creates the right sort of energies, that event gets record like a photo or video recording.

The right trigger can then set that recording to be played back & appear as what some people call ghosts.

This fits except for in those cases where an EVP is recorded that seems to be answering a question asked. =\

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
From some believe at least in here and my experience, what people call ghost usually djins, deceased human or deceased djins.
To identified what is it when someone found one, need a high level of spiritual, and for middle level some usually attacked it, and if it died it is a djins. If not it is either deceased human or deceased djin. This deceased human or djin will eventually "alive" again later, when they alive again would depends on how powerfull that attack, the more powerfull an attack, the more time they need to be alive again.

Djin usually very manipulative, and use lots of trick, how they do it will depends on their skills too.
I think a good way to know about ghost better, only with learning how to see and communicating with them. Better if can socialized with them that will give deeper perspective.
Learn it to a level there is no doubt anymore. I think even with reading lots of book cant give enough picture of what it is.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
So what theories have you heard or believe in that make sense to you?

Personally, I subscribe to my yet-to-be validated 'Unified Weirdness Theory' in which ghosts, UFOs and other anomalies that we can't seem to explain will be made sense of when described in terms of quantum mechanics and a multidimensional universe.

Remember...you heard it here first! Maybe they'll name it after me/.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by maung

Jinn being these "ghosts" instead of human spirits as an idea has always interested me. I can't recall investigators ever entertaining that possibility, except for Destination Truth. I think it would be interesting to go into an investigation with the mindset that you are not trying to communicate with and find evidence of lifeless human but for extra-dimensional beings instead.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I've always thought that ghosts could be the result of a time-slip. So instead of them being spirits of the dead they are the living from another time.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by everybodysaymiles
I've always thought that ghosts could be the result of a time-slip. So instead of them being spirits of the dead they are the living from another time.

I love that idea! I remember EVP's caught by the Ghost Hunters in which a woman (very clear EVP's) said something like "Of course I'm here, where are you?" after they asked if the woman was there in the room. I think that would fit well with your theory.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The shadow of a 4th dimensional creature or an energy based creature.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I know you are being silly, but you are right. All these phenomena are caused by the same thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Haven't actually seen one but I have seen lots of stuff that could only have been done by something other than what is here and can be clearly seen in the light. Poltergeist activity associated with using a Ouija board, stuff like that.

There is enough circumstantial evidence to point towards some truth, like cold spots near ghosts or energy drains associated with paranormal activity. These kinds of things just never seem to go away and are commonly found to such an extent you have to say it cannot all be a hoax.

There are pictures from the the 1800's and early 1900's of ghosts and you cannot say these were doctored, because it was not possible to fake them using the type of equipment they used.

I believe based on all this that there is something to this ghost stuff. It may not be dead people, it may not be otherworldly beings from other dimensions, it may not be echos or memories in time of past events that have strong emotional or physical energies, or it may be all of the above or something so strange we have not thought of it yet, but is there something real to it? I believe there is 100%.

I believe science holds the keys to unlocking these mysteries but we are very far away from any real science that could do this. In terms of physics and understanding of science our brightest minds are only as babies or cavemen, in truth, we know nothing. Perhaps in a few million years we might begin to understand a tiny glimpse of real science and get a clue.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
All I can say is that your soul is part of your spirit. When you die..your soul stays attached to your spirit. As our bodies play a role of a tin of keeping our spirit in...when you die, your spirit plays the role then of keeping your soul in.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My theory is:

Ghosts are simply the disembodied souls of individuals, comprised of electrical energy.

The soul provides this electrical energy to our bodies while we are in the womb allowing our brains to function and our bodies to develop and grow.

When the body can no longer support the soul, the soul, comprised of electrical energy simply leaves the worn out body.

Similar to how your computer's CPU and Memory circuits requires power in which to function.
Turn the power off...and the computer stops processing and/or functioning.

Or how your Cell phone can transmit via radio waves information and even pictures through the ether requiring a charge.

About a year ago I witnessed an Orb in my home. It was golf ball sized, luminescent and passed in front of me only to pass through a wall. Into an adjacent room in which we had had painting supplies mysteriously disappear from when we had initially moved into our home.

The fact that it was luminescent implies that it was comprised of some form of electrical energy.

I have had several other encounters with ghosts in our home. Some luminescent as well as some shadow ones which I feel are simply a manifestation purposefully using a lower level of energy as a form of a cloaking mechanism.

My Dogs follow things apparently flying around certain rooms. Also coincidentally the same rooms in which they don't like to remain alone in at night.

The evidence of this ability of disembodied spirits is also associated with the numerous accounts of people having had near death experiences. Where the body is no longer able to support life as well as the deceased being able to view their own dead body externally from afar.

If this were simply a hallucination, remember that the body and brain is no longer receiving the necessary oxygen to support cellular activity and subsequently support brain activity and memory function.

If it were a hallucination how would these individuals be able to explain and describe the details of their surroundings ?

Such as Instruments on an operating table ? Actions taken by the Doctor and Nurses in an operating room ?

Or ability to describe the EMT's that were attempting to resuscitate them for example ?
Especially for 20-30 minutes after having died ?

Further evidence of this electrical energy concept is the ability of Ghosts themselves to interact with electronics.

Electromagnetic field detectors are able to determine the presence of unexplained magnetic fields In vacant buildings devoid of electrical power.

Electronic voice phenomenon, where Ghosts have been known to answer questions directly posed to them recorded on recording devices that are coincidentally electromagnetic in principle and function.

As well as Cold spots which are indicative of an energy well, in that something has absorbed the heat energy from the air making that location colder than the rest of the surroundings.

I feel that we are on the cusp of understanding scientifically what ghosts are.

It is whether or not people's thinking can accept it or not.

I do feel that an understanding of electronics tends to help conceptualize these concepts.

We have electricity all around us naturally. In our atmosphere that exists as energy but is invisible.

Your home's power wouldn't function unless it had a connection to the Earths ground...generally your cold water pipes or an actual copper pipe embedded into the earth which is also what is commonly used.

As well as why there are two prongs on every electrical outlet. One in which to return this energy to the ground, and back to mother Earth.

But in looking at the bigger picture, everything in nature works in cycles and is comprised of varying amounts of electrical energy....why would we be any different from the rest of nature ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join