It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago sees largest single-day rainfall since records began in 1871.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b2eaec04d0a.jpg[/atsimg]

"the total rainfall at O’Hare — 6.91 inches as of about 6:50 a.m. — is the largest single-day rainfall since records began in 1871"

"There were rainfall totals as high as 7 inches as the storm moved noisily through the Chicago area after midnight, resulting in flash flood warnings from the National Weather Service and enough flooded roads and highways ..."

Well, i guess records are made to be broken.....seems like we're breaking a lot of them lately.

Any chicago members want to report?

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm in Aurora, I didn't see that much rain. Trust me on this, the flashing sky scared me more then the rain.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Lets hope it washes away all the sewage that was spewing when the power was knocked out

2nd

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Please send some down here to Texas.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I'm in Wheaton. I saw lightning strike a tree and blow it up right next to my house. These storms had the most lightning I've seen in a long time over the last 2 nights. I've seen worse flooding in years past, but that was a serious amount of rainfall. I'm not going to trust going to the Chicago beaches for a while after this.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I live in Northwest Indiana and i loved the storm this morning anyways i left for work an 6pm and there was still lots of water pooled up all over the area btw my pool is now green lol but we really needed the rain and more wouldnt hurt either as far as swimming in the lake i personally wouldnt do it filthy

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

That is one awesome photo you posted there.

I was training up there many years ago and we all stayed up all night standing at the windows just watching the lightning show and listening to the thunder.

Somebody said all we were missing was the popcorn.

Mother nature can sure put on some great shows to remind us all who is actually in control.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

hi BadBoYeed,
+ thanks for that,
especially the pic...nice one...

i am in Sydney Australia,
and in the last 3 day we had a whole months rain...

plus coldest July day in 30 years...

its ALWAYs too dry here,
but when it rains, it RAINs...

same with the temp,
always too hot,
but at the moment...shivers...

seeya...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I live in Chicago, I had my window open to watch the amazing cloud to cloud lighting that was happening and it started to rain I didn't notice till there was massive amounts of water coming threw the screen almost reminded me of a faucet with an irater.Pretty spectacular.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm in Naperville and I saw a decent amount of rain fall in a short period of time (enough to flood my street for about 1/2 hour before the drainage sewers could catch up). The light show though was amazing. As I tried to sleep, the lightning flashed so much, I can only describe it as a strobe light effect. It was pretty intense.
edit on 25-7-2011 by richiev because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I live in Des Plaines and although I was dry my neighbors across the street had waist deep water invade the lower levels. My street was a pond until 1 pm that day. I was trapped with limited area to drive, roads being closed due to deep standing water at several locations for most of that day and some places until Sunday. My wife's car took water under the doors and there was small puddles in the foot-wells. Nothing some sponges and lots of air circulation couldn't take care of.
I have been here about 5 years, and I have seen it this bad only twice before. Of course anytime there is significant rain around here there is always some issue with flooding being right next to the Des Plaines river and all.

top topics

join