It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official ATS Bands/Musicians Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
This is ATS.. if the so called music has any sort of conspiracy than im all for it, but this isn't freaking myspace. i'm a musician myself, but i'm getting sick of seeing my ATS flooded with self music promoters, as well as religious fanatics. go post your stuff on a website designed for music.

But this section of ATS *is* intended to be music related. Did you catch that this thread is not only in the "off-topic" section, but also placed in the "music" thread category that was MADE by ATS staff to discuss "music"?

edit on 25-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Your band sounds nothing like your Psychic Powerless avatar. Not a bad thing, but I was expecting something a little more extreme
Never judge an avatar by its cover is a lesson learned.

Good thread Op. Looking forward to hearing more from the ATS crowd.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hey I checked some of that music out, and I thought it was pretty good! My favorite one so far is Stand Alone, it has kind of a zoning quality to it. Pretty diverse, which is awesome too.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuned Agent

Yeah.. we don't. That is just one project though. My taste in music is varied. I have another project where I get all of my aspirations to noise out haha. Also the full length we are about finished with is a lot different than those songs posted a little less pop, a little more complicated with more jazz chords and etc.

The band I posted was basically a project for us to try to write these perfectly musical but at the same time pop friendly songs. I mean.. scope out the bass line on May.

Thanks for giving it a listen.
edit on 25-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Yeah I checked out some of it too, and i thought it was cool. I was wondering if you had a link for us to check out your "aspirations to noise"? I often find those songs to be some of the most inspirational, just proof that music can be made without the use of computers or conventional music. Let me know if you do.

BTW I naturally went right to the song called "Science" and I'm lovin it. It's got a really nice 'classic' feel to it, and the lyrics are very well done.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My band, Black Elephant: www.youtube.com...

Our weird blues/alternative rock song Monsters live at our last gig: www.youtube.com...

Just in case anyone is interested in this kinda thing.

I'm the pianist by the way.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hi,

I play trombone, baritone, tuba. Dabble with the bass guitar, keyboard, anything really.

I play around in GarageBand (for now) and trying to compose and help compose musics of all genres (I don't discriminate.)

I just play what I feel, but I'm trying to get into Jazz Fusion.

My MySpace Artist Page: www.myspace.com...

My stuff on YouTube: www.youtube.com...

Would love to collaborate and learn to get better at mixing and the hardware side of things..
edit on 25-7-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A few for the mix *(in signature), these are some projects I was involved in, playing drums and a little singing. Kind of an eclectic blend, some heavy, some hippy and some instrumental feel good. String Sailing and Orient Rain are me exclusively on guitar(s). All of this stuff was improvised, captured on a recording ,then extracted and mixed by me on a BR1600 dig recorder at home, no big production here. Fernrigger is just me and a guitar player jammin'.

Peace,
spec

ETA: An older heavy song, good times. Man have I mellowed out since

edit on 25-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Yeah I like the direction you are heading in with your youtube videos. Garageband is really helpful and people don't give it enough credit. What I suggest is that you get into FM8, (Realtek I think it's called), Logic Pro, Absynth, and all of those in Garage Band to start creating sounds. It's really fun and helps set your music apart from the common Garageband user.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Sinewavez was the best in my opinion. The drums were cool, and the guitar had an awesome sound to it I thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hi

Been making my own tunes for around 20+ yrs. Started out with an Amiga 512 and 8bit sound sampler also an Atari ST with cubase. At mo im using Cubase 5 with 2 controllers and some great VST's.

Electronic dance music is mostly what i like to make. Trance - Psytrance - Acid - Drum & Bass and chilled out beats.

Check my sig links

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hello everybody!
My artist name is Matar23. I make Beats for Rappers and our Label is called 2010music
I you like to have a look, go to

www.myspace.com/matar23
www.myspace.com/2010music

here are to 2 Beats of mine with Rap
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

If any good rapper are out there and need good Beats, just ask me. Maybe we can do something togehter.
MUSIC CONNECTS! PEACE!!

Matar
edit on 25-7-2011 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2011 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Here is one of my tunes and the only one on youtube so far. I don't really consider myself a songwriter or musician, but I enjoy making tunes on my music program as a creative outlet. I do appreciate feedback though because I am always learning.

Edit: I don't know how to link to youtube yet, so here is the link: www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-7-2011 by Wanagi because: Link problem, don't know how to link to youtube yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I consider a dj to be an artist as well. I'm a remixing dj as well as a producer. soundcloud.com...
edit on 25-7-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanagi

Um... Video is not working.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Fixed it! Kind of.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
@PhysicsAdept - thankyou! I kind of dig the funky jamband thing these days..
@Wanagi- Try this for the VID:YOUTUBE button - UVKPKaCHNiE?rel=0
I like the rolling click rhythm

It is cool hearing everyones creativity, keep it up!

spec
edit on 25-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I play drums in a pop punk band called This Week's Scandal and in a few other bands around Leeds

One of our songs 'Wasting Time':

edit on 25/7/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It was a nice surprise actually to hear some good power pop. My favorites are Mercy Sakes and Slowgun Assassin (nice title BTW).

I too would like to hear some of your more experimental tunes. Play on bro...play on.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If you're into metal, here is my band "Spitting Nails"...from Detroit, MI

www.reverbnation.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join